3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ***Daily Hunt Pics 2004***  (Read 29350 times)

Offline Rich Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ***Daily Hunt Pics 2004***
« Reply #440 on: December 04, 2004, 01:26:00 AM »
Tree killer Head down to Oak ridge By the resivore I saw a tone of nice buck it there.

Offline Santiam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #441 on: December 04, 2004, 01:34:00 AM »
Hey Ron, You should see the other side of the ridge..  :scared:  

I could also see the Mtn behind you real good ...LOL

Rich, worry about money after season is over...Works for me   :bigsmyl:  

I use the roads to get up there and cut fresh tracks...Then its put the boots on and get em up..I haven't seen much of anybody...The only tracks on the roads have been elk..

You can see the Three Sisters in the background

Good Arrow Flight   >>>-------->

Offline StanM

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #442 on: December 05, 2004, 09:42:00 AM »
Bill,

I love the pics you post on here.  Thanks.

Stan

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #443 on: December 06, 2004, 01:53:00 AM »
Here's a picture of the area we were hunting in the North Cascades near our home:

And here's a picture of my hunting partner:

We didn't harvest any blacktails but we had one heck of a good time.   :)
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #444 on: December 06, 2004, 03:03:00 AM »
Rooselk your a lucky fella, wonderful part of the world and good to see a youngin out-an-about.

Alan in Oz............
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #445 on: December 06, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »
Here is a pic of a bull camel I stalked on a scouting trip with my son.

Alan in Oz..........
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #446 on: December 06, 2004, 06:43:00 AM »
And here are his tracks. That's a 30" arrow too...

Alan in Oz...............

Offline Santiam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #447 on: December 06, 2004, 07:23:00 AM »
Ahhhh, Camel stalking.....Looks like FUN!!  :thumbsup:
Good Arrow Flight   >>>-------->

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #448 on: December 06, 2004, 09:27:00 AM »

Sunrise on my favorite ridge.

Sorry to portray my rifle, Dinner Bell, but this is the stump of this year's National Christmas Tree, which is on display at the mall in Washington, DC. They pulled it out of my hunting area with a helicopter. A red spruce, it was 106 years old.

This shelter is made of chestnut, and was built in 1933. Around 1996 the Forest Service stopped all repairs on it, roof and sealing of the logs, and they are allowing it to decay. I have a lot of fond memories of my last 18 seasons or so spent in this piece of history.

My camp in the National Forest.

Spotted Salamanders were moving about one day. This one and another like it came out from under the shelter and went their mysterious ways into the woods.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #449 on: December 06, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »
Alan, do the camels in OZ smell like giant skunks like the ones in Saudi.  I think OZ is where most of the camels come from anymore in the middle east.  A guy I went to school with was in the 82nd Airborne and blew one up one night because it didn't halt when challenged.  It's owners where a little irate, threatend to kill him because it seems it was the camel equivelent of a Kentucky Derby winner   :scared:   I believe the goverment ended up paying $30,000 for it.   :smileystooges:   I'm looking forward to running around down there.  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #450 on: December 06, 2004, 09:51:00 AM »
Great pics everyone...truly unbelievable.

Killi, makes my heart sad to see that stump. I'm gonna have to send Dubbya an email, askin if we can get rid of that stupid tradition. Why kill a hunnert year old tree to hang some lights on it?
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #451 on: December 06, 2004, 09:54:00 AM »
I haven't gone downtown to see it, and offer my condolences. I saw it on TV, and with the woven blanket of lights on it, it looked somehow...caged.

On the other hand, the local communities are rather proud of the beautiful 65-foot tree, and the well-coordinated efforts that put their home-town hero in the Nation's Capital. No doubt it is also quite a feather in the cap of Pat Sheridan, the USFS District Ranger.

There are always two sides, but like you, I wonder at the logic. "Gee! What a great tree! So beautiful, so perfect! And way older than any of us! Let's chop it down!"
  :knothead:  

Killdeer ~I will never understand people.~
          Good!  :thumbsup:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Bpaul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #452 on: December 06, 2004, 10:03:00 AM »
Excellent photos!  (redundant I know).  Camel stalking... what a way to start the day.

Killi those pictures are just great.  You fit right in with that Cabin... bow or no.  

As a kid I was always fascinated by those salamanders... we didn't have the big yellow spotted ones in the desert.  Believe we do up here though... going to have to check.  That's 'bout my favorite animal.

B
Except during the nine months before he draws his first breath, no man manages his affairs as well as a tree does.  
          -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #453 on: December 06, 2004, 01:51:00 PM »
Funny, my pic that included a rifle got deleted.
Twin Oaks Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of Tennessee

"just remember, you can't put the wood back on"

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #454 on: December 06, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »
The great pics just keep coming. Love it. Roos, I was stationed at the diving locker at Keyport a million years ago. Spent lots of weekends in the north cascades. Great country you call home.

Offline Glenn Newell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #455 on: December 06, 2004, 03:31:00 PM »
Good photos everybody, this is the first thread I check every day, good photo of the camel Alan, starting to think about making a camel bow. Kill deer what a waste of a good tree but I suppose it will be turned into lumber in the new year. Where I grew up we had a huge eucalyptus tree that grew in the centre of town that was turned into the christmas tree every year, but branches use to fall off it and damage a few cars in the car park so the tree was felled instead of barracading the area under the tree off, it was more important to have the carparking spaces which was a shame as I had seen koalas and possoms in the tree and when it flowered hundreds of rainbow lorrikets would feed on the flowers making a huge racket, it was fantastic, but the that be couldn't seen any room for the tree in our town anymore...Glenn...

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #456 on: December 07, 2004, 02:47:00 AM »
Yeh the Camels do have a musty smell to 'em. Mostly the bulls. Fence's don't keep these fellas in ........ !
 Australia is the only spot on earth that has Feral camels. A lot of Middle Eastern lads come over to buy a few now and then. The word is our Camels are the best of blood as there from very old stock from back in the 18 hundreds.Not bad eating as well.

Alan In Oz....................  :wavey:

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #457 on: December 07, 2004, 04:15:00 AM »
The ones I was around in Saudi were realy musty!  If you were down wind sitting on a hill you could smell them before you could see them come over the horizon and the horizon was a long ways off.  We ended up eating quite a lot of camel while we were there because that is the only source of fresh red meat.  It was pretty good, closest thing I could compare it to would be Moose.  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline Brad_Gentry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #458 on: December 07, 2004, 12:28:00 PM »
I'm kinda new to this picture posting, but here goes...  

This should be my first deer of '04; a nice little doe taken in the Shawnee.
“We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.”
– Aldo Leopold

Offline Swanny in MD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #459 on: December 08, 2004, 06:49:00 PM »
Okee, my turn!  Don't laugh now!

Most of my huntin is suburbia lots next to farmland that will get developed eventually here in Howard County.  

Took my son out tonight in the Double Bull and set it up in my customer's three acre lot.  13 doe came out - mostly big mature mamma's were bedded right behind their shed (to the right of their house)...and this is in the middle of our gun season!

Wind was switching back and forth since we were in the bottom land near a stream, no shot, but they got within 40 yards before they were too uncomfortable with our wind.  Fun, fun, fun!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©