3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How do you scalp a Widow?  (Read 7174 times)

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: How do you scalp a Widow?
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2004, 02:09:00 PM »
Now Ron, I respect a guys right to tag along (albeit in a skirt  :D ) so he can talk bows with Denny Sr. and not be worried about loosing his tail (literally). In fact, I used to own a Robertson longbow that you sold to me on consignment for Denny Sr. way back at a GLLI in Marshall (when we all had more hair!).

Have fun guys! I'll be waiting for pictures from Ron's digital.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline bc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2004, 04:30:00 PM »
Tell you what brother Denny, I'll wager the full length of my ponytail against one of your arras. One target, one arra. You pick the shot :-)

tsk

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2004, 05:02:00 PM »
Hmmmm, now we're talking  :saywhat:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »
Terry, Grab Lance, jump on a plane and we'll pick you up in Kalamazoo or South Bend. I'll let you have Brian's turkey beard. Bring some pink bowhush and we'll glue it on Brian's head.

I've always tried to be a gentleman on here. It's kind of fun being a jerk!   :)

Offline Curry Plantation

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2004, 09:02:00 PM »
Ron Ought not be too awful hard to beat a bow wiyh it's Limbs screwd on backwards!LOL
Thomas Curry

Offline oddan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2004, 10:12:00 PM »
Ron, It will take more than all of them togather to get into your head. Sticks and stones may break your bones but Denny will never out shoot you.
Out Door Dan

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2004, 10:25:00 PM »
I'd best re-phrase that...don't want to get caught up in this mess....just wanna witness.   ;)  

Originally posted by bc:
Tell you what brother Denny, I'll wager the full length of my ponytail against one of your arras. One target, one arra. You pick the shot :-)

tsk
Hmmmm....now we're talkin   :saywhat:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Sparta-T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2004, 10:26:00 PM »
Denny--Thanks for the invite, but I have a lot to do this week in preparation for our trip next weekend.  Being off my feet for almost 5 weeks left me with a LOT of yardwork and stuff to catch up with before we travel.  The pool still has the winter cover on it and that is not going to bode well if it gets into the 80's as they are predicting this week.  

I'm back on two feet, but moving s-l-o-w right now.  I'll have to learn you how to shoot proper some other time.  Sure thing BC won't be teaching you much........  ;)    :p   Uncle Ron may be a handful, but he has sensitive knees.....  :eek:    TL
Doubt is a traitor that makes us lose what we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.
                      Shakespeare

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2004, 10:27:00 PM »
I hope you guys don't go into "quick draw" mode, I was hoping both of you would be breathing/standing for the shooting seminar at Compton.  Maybe you fellows should have a rematch under the lights there with the aerials.  Ron, I don't think Denny could hang with you on the "Saco Speed Round" ala Fred Trost.

Ray Lyon are you heading down for Compton?

Offline bc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2004, 10:50:00 PM »
Brother Denny, you're too nice to be a jerk.

Besides it's funny when you type with your tink accent!

Sparta, long time no yack. Hope you're healing well. Prayers.

bc

Offline Sparta-T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2004, 12:55:00 PM »
Hey B--Good to see you posting a bit.  Healing is coming along nicely, but the prayer support is always appreciated.  How is life with you, bro?

So I take it that you are flinging 'em with a Shrew these days and not the banana colored Widder???  As Denny Sr has modeled so well for us, sometimes its nice to branch out and see what else is out there.  Seems like he always ends up with a spider though.......  :p    TL
Doubt is a traitor that makes us lose what we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.
                      Shakespeare

Offline Stephen M. Lathrop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2004, 02:15:00 PM »
Hey Ron are you going to bring that sun dried piece of your finger for good luck? Just grind it up and sprinkle a little finger dust at each target gauranteed to work! You know we never got those stains out, that shrew juice must be good!
Stephen Lathrop

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »
Stephen, LOL

This is a copy of an E-mail I just received from the Shrewmeister.

Denny,

I called your Dad this morning. I thought I might be able to help him with his current shooting problems. He said he was using a clicker and I said that's good if you're having target panic but I didn't think clickers were allowed and I would check in the rules. Brian is bringing a copy with him in the morning.

Also do you have score cards? If not I'll have to bring some. We'll need them because people will want to know our scores. Of coarse this will not be as informal as the last time I was down there. This will be a one shot at each target compitition, very serious, no talking or other noise distractions while a person is shooting.

I hope you've got your arrows flying better than the last time, I noticed they were a little logy. Maybe you've got them weighted to heavy in the front?

Good luck to you tomorrow, and remember, winning isn't everything. It's also important to be a good loser.

Ron

Offline bc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2004, 03:00:00 PM »
Howdy Tom. Like uncle Gene says, (paraphased) "my bows are like my friends. I try to spend time with each of them."

Life and biz are blessed and highly favored!

bc

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2004, 03:06:00 PM »
See you tomorrow Brian.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2004, 04:00:00 PM »
You surprise me Denny, posting a private email that I sent to you. I think you're taking your new role a little too serious.

Ok then, no more Mr. nice guy, I'm done talking. I'll let my arrows do my talkin tomorrow!  :mad:  

As John Wayne said to Ned Pepper in the movie Rooster Cogburn,.... just before he took the reins in his mouth,....FILL YOUR HAND YOU BLANKITY BLANK!!!
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Raven

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2004, 04:17:00 PM »
Come on monday  :bigsmyl:  Man, I can harldy stand the wait for the out come. This is better than any Super bowl  :D  Good luck to you both and may the best shooter win.....Raven  :thumbsup:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:

Offline ron bergeron

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »
this could get ugly!!!!8^)  Let us know.  ron

Offline ron bergeron

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2004, 04:42:00 PM »
no i mean this IS going to get ugly!!!!!!  ron

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2004, 06:02:00 PM »
"this could get ugly!!!!8^) Let us know. ron"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Range wars' usually do get ugly
  :bigsmyl:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©