3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How do you scalp a Widow?  (Read 7173 times)

Offline ron bergeron

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How do you scalp a Widow?
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2004, 07:01:00 PM »
Theres some serious talk going on here.  Both sides can't win, so someones in for a disappointment!!!!!  Maybe get this on film.   Good luck to all.  ron

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2004, 07:46:00 PM »
Things are looking good for the home team.

Offline ron bergeron

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2004, 08:07:00 PM »
thats the funniest thing i've seen on the net!!!!!!! oh man this is heating up.  Do you need a camera man??? 8^)  wow thanks I needed a good laugh!!!  :bigsmyl:    ron

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2004, 08:09:00 PM »
now that is ugly --- herb    ;)  sure wished i could be sitting on a log and watching , what a show
"Heaven is just over the next ridge......"

Hello Darlin'

Offline Stephen M. Lathrop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2004, 08:31:00 PM »
Hey Denny, you could gaurantee a win if you guys would pull the old EXLAX candy bar trick! You and your Dad picture this. Half way through the shoot old Ron steps up to the target, his belly growls & groans, you say to yourself its finaly working, man this guys got a cast iron stomach! He starts his draw his arms are shaking, the beads of sweat are rolling and he lets her RIPPPPPPP!!!!!

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2004, 08:34:00 PM »
Hmmm, that's the strangest lookin Black Widow I've ever seen. I can see the rubber seam marks on the side from the mold.  :bigsmyl:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2004, 09:19:00 PM »
The seams are busting out because it is so full of shrew meat.

Things are REALLY REALLY looking good!

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2004, 09:53:00 PM »
If those were live Shrews and that was a real spider, there wouldn't be enough of him left to take pictures of, Just some black fuzz and a grease spot.  "[dead]"  

I hope you're in bed youngster cuz you're gonna need all the rest you can get tonight. I'm gonna work you like a rented Mule tomorrow.  :p
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2004, 09:59:00 PM »
I hear all the talk, now how about the specs. on the bows you guys will be shooting. Length, #age, etc. This should be good, I cannot wait for the results! Shawn
Shawn

Offline oddan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2004, 10:55:00 PM »
Oh Ron PLEASE let me bring some peanut butter.Have you ate your beans today.I hope so Denny needs to smell them.LOL Give them hell Ron.
Out Door Dan

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2004, 11:36:00 PM »
Man o man that's one bad mammajamma spyder Denny!  I mean I was just noticing that sucker has markings on the top of It's abdomen that means double trouble!  :eek:  
Thanks guys for giving us PacNorWesters a good thread to read since we're on the other side of the world up here.  I'm remaining neutral since I have'nt shot either of the bows mentioned yet!

Good luck to the both of your camps.
Out for now
  :cool:

Offline Curry Plantation

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2004, 11:59:00 PM »
Ron ,Don't worry that was a beaver not a Shrew.And i think it was a tarrantula!
Thomas Curry

Offline Montana4life

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2004, 01:37:00 AM »
Hey Denny those are some fine pictures. What do you do when a "shrew" comes for you, call "Black Widow"!!!! Have fun, this has been great!!

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2004, 10:49:00 AM »
I think I heard the death moan of a Black Widow this morning when I came out of the coffee shop, even though it's several hundred miles to the "DS Corral".  :thumbsup:
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2004, 02:08:00 PM »
The battle is over. The Black Widows crawled back in their holes licking their wounds.  :readit:

Offline revharry

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2004, 02:20:00 PM »
Yahoo, spider kabobs for all shrew shooters! Good job Ron. I heard a rumour you arived playing Vagner's Ride of the Valkry! just like the helicopter gunships did in Apocolypse now! later, Harry

Offline oddan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »
Good Job Ron. It was fun to watch this progress. Congrates to Denny also. Not many would have the nerve to go against a Shrew.
Out Door Dan

Offline Raven

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2004, 02:57:00 PM »
Concrats to the Ice Man  :thumbsup:  I'am sure it was no easy task. I guess the Widow ate to much before dinner   :thumbsup:

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2004, 03:06:00 PM »
It sounds like everyone had a good time and it will be fun to see pictures.   :readit:    :D
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2004, 03:09:00 PM »
We had a great time shooting with old friends and the scores were very close. In fact at half time after 16 targets, Denny, Denny Sr. and Brian were tied. I was trailing by 5 points so I knew I had to buckle down on the final round.

After all was said and done we ended up,... 1st Ron, 2nd Denny Jr, 3rd Brian Cole, 4th Denny Sr.

Dennys 14 year old son John shooting his BW recurve kept up with the big boys and shot very well. It won't be long and he'll be whiping his dad.

Denny weighed everyones arrows and will post details on equiptment.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©