3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ***Daily Hunt Pics and Stories 2005***  (Read 24741 times)

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: ***Daily Hunt Pics and Stories 2005***
« Reply #380 on: September 30, 2005, 09:30:00 AM »
Don't want to be a stinker or anything, and I'm as guilty as any at times but, it sure would be helpful to me and I would guess others if we could stick with hunt pics and stories and hold the comments and congrats to PMs or some other mechanism.  I love to see this thread topped only to find a lot of "attaboys".  Thanks.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #381 on: September 30, 2005, 01:01:00 PM »
John aren't "attaboys" better than "TTT"?
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Jumper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #382 on: October 01, 2005, 12:54:00 PM »
Kyle,   If you need some, I can bring you some pretty arrows to the Texas Sweat Hunt.
Just let me know, I am here for you pal.

SuperKodiak, from what I understand they are always in need of good law enforcement officers up here.  We would love to have you.

JC and Charlie,  Dont threaten me JC, actions speak louder than words, get your butt up here.  You guys know you have an open invitation to my place anytime day or night.  If you want to do any hunting up here,  feel free to stay at our place, as long as you want or use it as a staging base to go out and come back on any hunt you want.

Charlie, As I remember right, my uncle dressed you funny to for a while...

Come on guys, I know that season is open, post those pics.
"With God, all things are possible"

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #383 on: October 01, 2005, 06:00:00 PM »
Great Pictures, Jumper! Thanks for posting. They are great!
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #384 on: October 01, 2005, 08:32:00 PM »
Yeah Scott, I know! Still makes me nervous to wear camo.  ;)
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #385 on: October 01, 2005, 08:33:00 PM »
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #386 on: October 01, 2005, 08:34:00 PM »
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline kyle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #387 on: October 01, 2005, 10:33:00 PM »
Jumper I appreciate the offer and tho I'd never turn down a gift from a friend, I'm afraid that the way I tend to miss and/or bounce arras off of stuff, those aluminiminium metal things would just end up lookin like a coathanger for me an then I'd be all mad 'bout messin up a pretty thing like that!!!!
WWJD

Offline Woodduck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #388 on: October 02, 2005, 01:30:00 AM »
Those Adcock bows can smoke an arrow!
I just got a three arrow Mini Bowquiver from a TwoFletch, in Mebane, NC, this week. It's nice and suits my short afternoon hunts... and got this doe Friday, at 5:30...
double lung pass through with 45# and 30 in. 2018s.
I put a little reflective tape on my equipment...can you see it?
How 'bout the white moth that got it the picture...must be the 'White Death Moth', I've heard about...  :bigsmyl:  

Happy trails....   ('till we meet again, Dale Evans Rogers)
>>>--a kindred spirit--->     (got that from Fred Anderson)

North Carolina Bowhunters Association

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #389 on: October 02, 2005, 07:21:00 AM »
Truly magic, Mr. Harriss! Neat how the smoke from the arrow still hangs in the air! I had to save that pic to my files. Oh yeah, I put one of those on my Dakota at ATAR! Nice quiver!

Killdeer   :wavey:      :D
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Peckerwood

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #390 on: October 02, 2005, 10:20:00 AM »
Follwing are some photos of my Wyoming antelope hunt on the Smith Sheep ranch. It was my first antelope hunt .  What made the adventure even more memorable was sharing camp with fellow Trad gangers Scott Frost ( southpawshooter) and Dave Tice (Tique). The other people in camp thought we knew each other even though we just met in person.

Bill

antelope at the water hole

Texas tripod stand

Peckerwood gets lucky
NO matter where you go there you  are !

Offline DAGATOR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #391 on: October 02, 2005, 12:16:00 PM »
I would like to keep the pictures and stories going.
I hunt a few WMA's ,here in Georgia, with my friend Chris Ward. We share many days of great southern adventure!

Here is Chris on the stalk for hogs. The pic. does not show it, but I could see his breath as he walked in sun spots.

The reward after a long hunt!

Enjoy, Clay Patton

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #392 on: October 03, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Online Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #393 on: October 03, 2005, 12:39:00 PM »
Wicked Buck, Bill!
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Offline Jeff Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #394 on: October 04, 2005, 03:23:00 PM »
I just returned from a moose and caribou bowhunt in Newfoundland.  It was my first time there and on a floatplane.  Hurricane Ophilia followed my from NC to NF, arriving the same day as me but we were barely able to fly into camp on a saturday.  I enjoyed looking through the pile of shed antlers..

The 4 bowhunters in camp beat up the target, but didn't do so well on live animals...

The heavy rains and wind arrived on saturday night and became a daily factor, with only 1 day on sunshine and calm.  Still, I had a good chance at a nice bull moose on the first and second days.  I passed on a 80 yard shot (to my guide's dismay - he was a gun hunter and had never guided a trad bowhunter, and I explained that I much preferred 8 yard shots, not 80 yard shots) on monday and passed on a quartering to shot on the second day.  That stalk was ruined by the watchful cow moose.  The lone gun hunter killed this bull moose on the third day..

At least there were plenty of blueberries to eat, between the rain showers...

One day I spotted a nice bull woodland caribou and an hour later, was only 10 yards away from the elevated rock that he laid on, but when he rose and I picked my spot (an upward shot through his sternum), I got excited and forgot all about form.  The sickening sound of the string hitting my armguard was followed by a wobbly arrow behind the bull.  I couldn't believe that I had found another way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...

Here is my consolation prize, a nice shed antler...

Overall, it was a great bowhunting experience on "The Rock" and I hope to return some day...

One bonus of the long drive was having breakfast with my buddy, tradganger David Kretchmar, while passing through NH.
"He has also made me as a select arrow, He has hidden me in His quiver." - Isaiah 49:2

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #395 on: October 04, 2005, 04:36:00 PM »
Nice pics Jeff, pretty place isn't it?  Breakfast was good, and it was good to see you and meet Bill.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline memo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #396 on: October 05, 2005, 12:19:00 AM »
Myself and some other Trad guys got together and went for a hunt for the mighty Sambar Deer in Victoria's High Country. No Game sighted, and very little sign, as there was plenty of Wild Dog (Dingo) sign and this has moved the deer out of the area we were hunting. Didn't matter though as we had a great time in a beautiful part of the world.

Some rough country

See guys...It does snow in Australia!
 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/memo48/Copyof2005_1003highcountryhunt0004.jpg

A natural spring in some thick scrub

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/memo48/Copyof2005_1003highcountryhunt0010.jpg

An old Stag rub
 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/memo48/Copyof2005_1003highcountryhunt0014.jpg

Rudd, Pete, Jindy, Sparra and Woody waiting for the Venison to cook
 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/memo48/Copyof2005_1003highcountryhunt0019.jpg

And a good fire to go with the company at the end of a great weekend
 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/memo48/Copyof2005_1003highcountryhunt0008.jpg

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #397 on: October 12, 2005, 01:43:00 AM »
Hmmm,looks like Island Pond to me Jeff!  I had their (MVO's) first archery kill there with a moose in '97.  I started a "tradition" of sinking my arrow into the rafters of the bunk cabin.  Are there many arrows there?

Offline Jeff Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #398 on: October 12, 2005, 11:15:00 AM »
Steve, things have changed since 1997, and there is now a delux cabin with 4 rooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 shower, and a big living room with a woodburner for the hunters!  And Dean saved that rafter, with probably 20+ arrows stuck in it, and placed it in a prominent corner of the new cabin!  How I wanted to leave an arrow or two in it, but I needed a little more practice and luck.....
"He has also made me as a select arrow, He has hidden me in His quiver." - Isaiah 49:2

Offline juneaulongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Fannin Texas
« Reply #399 on: October 13, 2005, 02:22:00 AM »
I did a short weekend moose hunt Oct 1-3 in Southeast Alaska.  We didn't see any as we weren't far enough up the river.  I'll drop a few pics in.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©