3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ***Daily Hunt Pics and Stories 2005***  (Read 24767 times)

Offline Lee in S.C.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ***Daily Hunt Pics and Stories 2005***
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2005, 09:24:00 PM »
This is my hog hunting honey hole here in SC. The pigs have actually become a problem, they wiped out the food plots I planted for the deer and turkeys. I managed to kill 20 this year 16 with a bow and 4 with a gun, but I havent put a dent in them. They've destroyed this hardwood bottom. Almost every piece of dry ground has been rooted up.

Offline Lee in S.C.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2005, 09:26:00 PM »
Here is a closeup of some of the damage.

Offline Lee in S.C.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2005, 09:33:00 PM »
Here ia one of the stands where I do my best to eliminate the problem. BTW the feeders do help keep them out of the food plots. So before all the ethics police attack, understand this stand is set up to KILL hogs efficiently. I also trap them, shoot them with firearms, and catch a few with dogs. I enjoy the bowhunting, the rest is more like a chore.

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2005, 07:28:00 AM »
Hey Lee,

My Dad lives in Manning...you anywhere near there? If you need any "help" thining those hogs out I could arrange a trip to get down there and help a fellow out  ;)    :bigsmyl:
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Offline RayMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2005, 08:00:00 AM »
Well...I finally got a hog this year. Man they can be hard to bring down. This pic is me with the little piggie 80 pounds and a trophy for me.

Got it at Shiloh Ranch last weekend.

This is a pic of my son Darren (on the left) and his friend Shawn dragging it out. Darren got this one late morning with a ground stalk. Shawn got a 170 pounder, darn big piggy.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2005, 08:21:00 AM »
Lee, you just holler if'n you need some deputies to come police them criminal hogs. I know a whole passle of GA boys who'll come a runnin, bows in hand, to help you out. Heck, we wouldn't even charge you anything  :bigsmyl:
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Longbowwally

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2005, 08:50:00 PM »
Lee,
Sounds like you've got a problem - one I'd be happy to help you solve  :)  . My SC hog hunt'n has been a bust the last two years because of flooding-I hunt some of the public land on the Pee Dee's. Good luck on getting the problem under control and just let me know if you need some help....
LONG LIVE THE LONGBOW!

Wally Holmes

Offline Lee in S.C.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2005, 10:09:00 AM »
Doug- That is the owl stand, Had to move it when all the foliage came down. The hogs are really moving up and down that bottom.  You not gonna make it down till next Oct?
Yohon- my mom lives near Manning, in Summerton on Lake Marion.
Wally- where are you in NC?

Offline Longbowwally

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2005, 05:23:00 PM »
Lee, I live between Raleigh and Louisburg. I, and a couple of my buddies, usually go down to SC a couple of times a year and hunt hogs on public land. The last two years have not been good, but we had a few good years before that with good success. I love to hunt hogs!
LONG LIVE THE LONGBOW!

Wally Holmes

Offline Lee in S.C.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2005, 09:35:00 PM »
The hogs have taken a beating on the WMA's. Great Pee Dee was flooded and the pigs have moved to surrounding private land. The ones that had alot of pigs were opened to dog hunts. Those guys can thin the herd quick! I usually hunt Santee Coastal Reserve every year and at least get shots, and usually kill a hog. I didnt even see one this year, good side is I saw more deer than I ever have. I heard that the dog hunters killed about 200 in a week long hunt last Feb. Hogs are fun to hunt but they get to be a nuisance quick.

Offline Wandering Eye's

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2005, 03:22:00 AM »
Earlier this week I set out a trail cam, and on the way in I saw 4 rabbits (old railroad tracks).  So Saturday after the foot of snow we got I thought I would give it a try.  Never saw a one.  I think I'll try again today.  

I do have good news for the yank's however.  I did see my first robin of the year!    "[laffsmyl]"

I do not know what that bird was thinking?  I did take a picture and will post when I get it back.  They say thats the first sign of Spring. LOL

Wandering Eye's

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2005, 12:36:00 PM »
Great pictures John. Looks like plenty of places ta strech your legs[ or maybe wear them out] You got a great camp. Thanks for letting me travel a bit this morning  :thumbsup:

Offline Rangeball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »
Took this pic while walking out on my second bowhunt of '05, last of the '04/'05 season-

The woods were beautiful, nice glowing orange sunset which the pic doesn't do proper justice...
Genesis 9:3
Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.  Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Offline Lee in S.C.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2005, 02:08:00 PM »
Here are some game cam pics from earlier this year. I set it up about a week ago overlooking a hog trap I had baited up. Camera took the remainderof the roll (24 exp) and only a few came out. These were the best of the lot. BTW I caugt three hogs in the trap Thursday night. Two boars and a sow.

Offline Lee in S.C.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »
This is the same group I think. Just at a different time.

Offline Stekewood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2005, 06:28:00 PM »
Here's a picture from last week in Florida.  It's a cypress stand that's much drier than usual.

Wildlife represents the difference between rich country and mere land.

Offline Kindred Mark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2005, 01:41:00 PM »
Here are a few shots from my Cam Tracker this year.  Didn't harvest any of them that I caught on camera, but did get a nice one.

web page  
  web page  
  web page
Aim Small, Miss Small

Offline Kindred Mark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2005, 02:05:00 PM »
These deer were moving at night and come October, I will be chasing them again.  Maybe one of these guys will cooperate in 2005. I like knowing that these guys are in the area even if my camera is the only one who sees them.
Aim Small, Miss Small

Offline SuperKodiak38

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »
Thanks for bringing this back TTT. Went skwerlin yesterday, no skwerls but I got this stump pretty good. Beautful day.
"Go afield with a good attitude, respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience.It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person."

Fred Bear

Offline Bearcurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2005, 03:48:00 PM »
I too went stump shooting-squack hunting-turkey scouting. Got to try out my new Catts sidekick quiver. Love it! Beautiful morning here, got up to near 60dgrs. A Longbow, Judo-tipped wood arrows, and a day off from work-Thanks Lord for a wonderful day!! The squirrels where everywhere here this time last year. Haven't even seen one here since oct. A buddy of mine was on the job surveying some land near here. Heard a Gobbler sound off about 8am. Beleive it or not my wifes Tulips are coming up today. Gobbler time will be here before you know it! Love this time of the year!!!!
As for Me and My House, We will serve the Lord.    Josh 24:15

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©