3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Daily Hunt pics and Stories 2006  (Read 41626 times)

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Daily Hunt pics and Stories 2006
« Reply #200 on: July 06, 2006, 01:54:00 PM »
Wow Doug!  :thumbsup:   You had it Zoomed that far and they came out that clear, looks Great!! One of these Days.........Until then I am Impressed!!  :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #201 on: July 06, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »
This little camera continues to amaze me... and so do these silly antelope. We were in the buffalo pastures putting out mineral this morning and let the Jack Russels out to chase gophers. When the goats see these dogs they will run right up to them. Got as close as 50 yards from the truck.

Guess you could say I was scouting for this fall  :thumbsup:  

Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #202 on: July 06, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »
Great pics Doug....looking forward to your hunting stories this fall....missed them lately   :readit:
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline David M. Mathis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #203 on: July 10, 2006, 04:53:00 PM »

Offline Frank AK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #204 on: July 15, 2006, 08:37:00 PM »
is that a little spike?
130lb Alaska State and Regional Wrestling Champion.

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #205 on: July 17, 2006, 12:30:00 AM »
I did a little scouting for a upcoming Elk hunt in sept.  My camera quit on me after two pictures and I didn't get any digitals of the deep canyon (Hells Canyon) This is 2/3 up the side of the Imnaha Canyon going to Hat Point, overlooking Hells Canyon.

The second picture is looking back at the town of Imnaha, they have a anual bear and rattlesnake feed.

I took a few pictures with a 35mm of Hells canyon, if they turn out I'll post them. Should be one heck of a hunt  :eek:

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #206 on: July 17, 2006, 08:23:00 AM »
Hey Rough, that is some interesting country.  Cool photos.  I assume the timber is above you somewhere for the elk to hide in and stay cool.  Is this where you are taking the 2 fine gentleman flatlanders from this site.    "[laffsmyl]"

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #207 on: July 17, 2006, 08:59:00 AM »
Wow Randy... sounds like Robin is gonna be busy this September. Is he takin the "gentlemen" before or after CK and I show up?  :D
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #208 on: July 17, 2006, 09:07:00 AM »
Dang, that first pic looks like it would make a nice brisk walk up and down them little hills for Charlie and CK.  ;)
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #209 on: July 17, 2006, 10:01:00 AM »
Randy, Yep, plenty of timber on top. Hells Canyon has some really nice benches with timber. Lots of critters call them home.

I've hunted the upper end of Hells canyon but this was my first trip to this part. Pretty cool driving along the deepest canyon in north america. Think tem miles in granny gear, half in 4 wheel drive.

Not sure but this contry would knock the gentle out of most gentlemen.
There's a place called frezeout saddle in case CK gets to hot, an we can flip a coin for who gets to go down to the river to get water  :D

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #210 on: July 17, 2006, 02:47:00 PM »
I'll go fetch the water but if it gets cold down there you guys are gonna get thirsty! I'm headed south for winter! LOL!

Beautiful country! I'm assuming you have Charlie's 4 wheeler gassed and waiting.  "[tunglaff]"   Better make him take the horse! CK

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #211 on: July 17, 2006, 05:19:00 PM »
Y'all need someone to watch Charlie's hubcaps?  :bigsmyl:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #212 on: July 17, 2006, 08:39:00 PM »
Kathy, I've been trying to figure out how to install grease zerks in my knee caps for years.

Hope to have some more pics back by Thursday from my 35mm.

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #213 on: July 17, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »
OH MY....OH MY...Robin did you REALLY mean to say that where you are taking those two is DEEPER THAN THE GRAND CANNYON  :eek:    :eek:    :scared:    :scared:

I'll start looking now for a JOLLY GREEN or a SKY CRANE.....Just make sure ya got plenty of skillets   "[tunglaff]"    "[tunglaff]"

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #214 on: July 19, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »
Yep, they aint callin that country Hell's for nothing. You get to the bottom CK I recon your gonna be close enough to hell to be plenty warm an if that don't do the the climb back out will  ;)  Cool pics Robin!

Was up on top messing around this morning and got these guys attention. Thought is was a pretty cool pic.

Got pretty close to this ol gal and her younguns too.

Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #215 on: July 20, 2006, 12:11:00 AM »
Dang Doug I was gonna offer up a trade till I saw that Photo. That is for sure a First Class shot of them BOYS   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  

Saw these younguns while I was out with a client Monday

I could only get SO CLOSE to this ole Gal

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2006, 12:13:00 PM »
Awesome!!!

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #217 on: July 20, 2006, 09:50:00 PM »
Really cool pics Doug & Vance, can't beleive how tall that grass is Doug.

I got some pics back of the Snake river side of the hill, they aren't the best but the only ones I got.
First one is looking down Temperace Creek.

This next is just passed the North Fork of Temperance Creek, you can just see the Snake River in the center of the Picture.

The last picture is looking down Saddle Creek, I think Hells canyon gets real narrow just above this Creek.

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #218 on: July 21, 2006, 12:27:00 AM »
:eek:    :scared:    :scared:  

I'm hideing when CURTIS looks at these.

SNOW ain't gonna be no more problem nor is below 70 deg.   "[tunglaff]"   "[tunglaff]"  

Them Elk there must die of old age pretty young.

OH by the way thems some AWESOME photos, who was the pilot.....................vance

Offline merciful silence

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #219 on: July 21, 2006, 08:09:00 AM »
We have had a really cold snap of weather in the past 8 or so days and its got many of the Stags rutting or at least given them a kick along
I don’t think that more than 30 minutes would have passed without one calling out like a little donkey Braying.

I crawled into some Grass on the spring side of a patch of black wattle about 50m from the deer and took out my Binoculars to have a closer look.

There were quite a few of them more than 20 at a guess with some smaller stags nothing to amazing in the antler department. As I watched an old stag His antlers broken and rubbed white wandered towards them and was almost immediately challenged and turned out of the timber by a youngStag then another joined in and pushed him out a little further. I watched as he tried twice more to join the group with the same result.

It was a bit sad to watch he was out gunned by the young blokes even though they were smaller antlered and immature I think he was just to old to hold it against them any more and after they pushed him around for about half an hour
He came over to the next closest patch of black wattle for a breather and lay down about 14 yards in front of me.

I took the shot at him laying down and got penetration up the feathers , he jumped up and ran like a greyhound back behind me about
60 yards then did a big flip and that was it , while I was laying there one of the younger fellas from the group must have seen all this and
Came over for a closer look , I took this photo from about 10 yards , he was looking at me for about 5 mins before he decided
I was no good and cut for it, it made for some great photos.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©