3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Daily Hunt pics and Stories 2006  (Read 41582 times)

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Daily Hunt pics and Stories 2006
« Reply #380 on: September 27, 2006, 10:10:00 AM »
Man, this thread always has the coolest pics! Thanks everyone for posting them.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #381 on: September 27, 2006, 05:40:00 PM »
Here's a few scenes from TBG Cohutta 2006 Hunt.

Tuff hunting, lots of weather changes, great food and better friends......

Yep, this is lunch time.....and time to head down the Mt for some visability to even hunt.

Definately a knot conglomerate

Full size wallow showcased by Dan....

Yes, we have proof that the sun did shine one of the 4 days....

I told ya we had great food.....the wheelbow guys next door were amazed that we actually do kill things with our bows.....Buff Burgers, Antelope Steaks, Antelope Tenderloins, and Elk Tips.

Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Noelkman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #382 on: September 27, 2006, 06:07:00 PM »
Hello everyone. I've been lurking for awhile , finally got something to post. Used my Matlock Predator X2, cedar arrow from Milt at Wildcat Canyon and a Magnus 2 blade. First and last elk with this bow, I have to switch to left handed shooting due to eye troubles.
It was fantastic to have this bull walk by me just 8 feet away, "Never mind that lump next to the oak, I'm looking for that cow". When he had passed I turned just hoping he wouldn't spook too badly. He jumped, ran a few steps and stopped at 20 yards.
He was a "pit-bull" among elk. Broken tines, both recent and old scars on the shoulders and neck and a fresh tine hole on his forehead just below the left antler. Heavy antlers but short on top. It was an honor to share the mountain with him.

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #383 on: September 27, 2006, 06:56:00 PM »
Noelkman, it looks like you might have to change your handle, eh?  Congratulations on taking such a fine bull!  Eight feet, huh?  Great stuff!!!    :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #384 on: September 27, 2006, 09:39:00 PM »
Congrats Richard,  :thumbsup:  8 ft thats close.

Knife river is right going to have to change your handle(thats a good thing)

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline merciful silence

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #385 on: September 28, 2006, 04:13:00 AM »
Richard

Mate well done on that great Bull elk , that is Brilliand at that range to take an animal so old and in tune with its patch , you must and should be very pleased , congratulations , One of those a lifetime is plenty to reflect on , but I wish you many more.

Simon

Offline Tim Kosteczko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #386 on: September 28, 2006, 01:04:00 PM »
hey guys, here is a pic from last winter of my first harvest with traditional equipment (except for a few carp) im pretty proud of it and thought i would share. what i think adds to the story a little more is that my father and i were both successful that day, and we were both shooting super kodiaks.

Offline mike hall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #387 on: September 28, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »
Very cool Tim! Nice shooting and great times with Pop.
  :thumbsup:

Offline T. Downing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #388 on: September 28, 2006, 11:17:00 PM »
Richard aka Noelkman, Congratulations on the bull elk! My family and I own 5 Matlock longbows and we love em all! Same goes for Milt's beautiful arrows.(Milt is a Guru) Good luck with your switching to a left handed bow. God Bless, T

Oh you ought to change your name to Gotelkman!
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
Psalm 127 4-5

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #389 on: September 30, 2006, 09:13:00 AM »
Bow season opened here in Mo on Sept 15...I got lucky on opening morning, and then again the next saturday am, both does, on different farms. First doe was shot at 13-15 yds, second was shot at 10 yds. Now all the family is set on jerky meat for awhile!!!

Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline merciful silence

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #390 on: September 30, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »
Great work Fireman and nice photos as well , thats a very nice way to get the season open , now its time to get the seasoning out and get to work on all that meat.they are both very healthy looking heavy girls.

Were you hunting from a stand or off the ground ?

well done I hope your season continues this way.

Simon

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #391 on: September 30, 2006, 10:21:00 AM »
Simon, thanks! Both deer went to relatives that LOVE deer jerky, so they are fixed up for now...plus they give me a bag to boot!!! Both deer were killed from 15' ladder stands. Good cover this time of year with the leaves still on! I have some trailcam pics of a nice buck, I'm hopin to see him in the daylight, from my stand!!! Here's a look....

Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline merciful silence

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #392 on: September 30, 2006, 10:42:00 AM »
Mate I can see why you might like to find him in the day time , best of luck to you , that would be a grand way to use your tag.

He is nice and tall and even It would be great to get at him before he gets to do to much fighting with those tall tines Hey !

I have only just started to give stand hunting a go this year , its not that big here in Australia but I have had some good hours up off the ground and got my first deer from it a little over a week ago.

Good luck on the big buck I will watch out for a photo of you counting those points.

Simon.

Offline Sacchoromyces

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #393 on: September 30, 2006, 12:16:00 PM »
Went out for archery opener today. Saw one that is probably 130-140 class. He kept his distance beyond 45 meters, and walked off onto posted woods. I'll be back, and we have four months of archery...

Realize though that there are no deer in Ohio. Hunt PA or MI. They both have too many.

BH
A well formed wort being necessary, the rights of the people to consume malt beverages shall not be infringed.

Offline GrayRhino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #394 on: September 30, 2006, 10:47:00 PM »
Fireman, congratulations on your two does!  I'll be looking for another photo of that bruiser, this time with you in the pic!  Gotta love that Black Widow!
God  now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.  Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good,  some are just real good!"  Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along."  Glenn St. Charles

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #395 on: October 01, 2006, 09:05:00 PM »
Although this isn't the best photo in the world, here is a pic of the doe I took with my Osage Widow on September 25th.  I took a second with Rover Gal Hope yesterday (30th), however,  that pic is posted within the Faith and Hope thread.  Now all I need to complete the package is something with some headgear!

Claudia

Pinecone

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #396 on: October 02, 2006, 08:16:00 AM »
Congrats to all! I could not go messed up my index finger.  I was twisting some wire and the pliers slipped, pinched my finger but gooood.  :eek:    :banghead:

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #397 on: October 02, 2006, 11:43:00 AM »

I shot this rabbit on August 19th...my 18th birthday. It was a dead-center shot at 28 yards. Couldn't think of a better way to end the days excitement...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #398 on: October 02, 2006, 12:17:00 PM »
:thumbsup:

Offline randy grider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #399 on: October 02, 2006, 12:31:00 PM »
got this doe opening day on my farm in ky. 54# predator recurve, 500 gr goldtip with magnus 2 blade. dropped her at 10 yards

its me, against me.
member KTBA,MCFGC,UBK,NRA

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©