3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Daily Hunt pics and Stories 2006  (Read 41573 times)

Offline GrayRhino

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Daily Hunt pics and Stories 2006
« Reply #500 on: October 15, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »
This is Fiji stump, er...coconut shooting.  Great fun for my two Jr. Robin Hoods.

God  now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.  Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good,  some are just real good!"  Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along."  Glenn St. Charles

Offline GrayRhino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #501 on: October 15, 2006, 04:03:00 PM »
While out scouting for pigs I enjoyed some stump shooting with Black Widow PMA II, 64", 49@32.

God  now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.  Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good,  some are just real good!"  Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along."  Glenn St. Charles

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #502 on: October 15, 2006, 11:28:00 PM »
Just spent a week bowhunting SW Iowa...planning a return trip, since I didn't fill the tags this trip...2 of us hunted from monday evening thru sat evening, and saw 13 bucks, 120 class or better including one beast of a 10 pointer that had to be over 170"! So many does you can't count them all! I'm going back the last of october, rattlin horns in hand! Here's a couple of scenery pics for ya!

Hunted whitetails on the corner of Elk Avenue!!!

Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #503 on: October 15, 2006, 11:52:00 PM »
Lord, Fireman, you're still hunting deer??? Didn't you just take three of them. I tell ya, some guys have all the luck...  :bigsmyl:
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #504 on: October 16, 2006, 12:02:00 AM »
You know what they say, rather be lucky than good!!! After having a heart attack last spring, then having to have a defibrillator/pacemaker put in, I'm just living my life to the fullest!!! Of course, it helps that my wife loves me and lets me go anytime I want!!!!!lol...you know, I wear the pants, long as she tells me which pair...hehehe
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #505 on: October 16, 2006, 12:34:00 AM »
Oh man, that just made my day there, Fireman...  :D
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #506 on: October 16, 2006, 12:41:00 AM »
And I almost forgot to mention...being lucky only takes a person so far. It's there skill (which you seem to have a LOT of) that gets them the rest of the way...
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #507 on: October 16, 2006, 06:33:00 AM »
Fireman..you marry that good looking Harley Riding girl?

There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #508 on: October 16, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »
UK Bowman,  I told you the bugs were bad there. LOL.  Sorry you didn't get anything but it's a neat place to be.  We used to own land just outside the border (1000 yards outside) and I would walk in there to surf.  Great place, as close to being marooned on a deserted island as I've ever been.  It looks like the beach had just had a bad blowing storm with all that seaweed on shore.  Is that after the NorthEaster blew through?  No pics of the wild horses?

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #509 on: October 16, 2006, 03:07:00 PM »
Ferret, yup, sho did!!! Even got her shootin one of the old recurves...Plus, she was with me when I arrowed my 3rd doe of the year, helped me track and drag too!!! Heckuva woman...now if I could jus' giter to field dress em fo me....lol!!!

And thanks for that pic, it's now her wallpaper!!! See ya next july bud!

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #510 on: October 16, 2006, 03:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bowspirit:
And I almost forgot to mention...being lucky only takes a person so far. It's there skill (which you seem to have a LOT of) that gets them the rest of the way...
I'll still blame luck...lol. I do have some fair huntin spots, spend ALOT of time in stands, been lettin the little bucks walk for many years, specially with a gun...I keep thinkin I'm due for "Mr Big" with my favorite recurve...but I'm purty happy with those does, specially the 3rd one...lol. Just the same, thanks for the kind words!!! Ever make it to Mo, look me up!!!

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #511 on: October 16, 2006, 04:38:00 PM »
LUCKY...LUCKY...LUCKY..Fireman ya done good son!See you in July.
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline UK Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #512 on: October 16, 2006, 04:40:00 PM »
No Picks of the Horses... I was still hunting along the edge of a thicket and the horse blew at me. I almost crapped myself, it took me by such suprise.
I also saw some horses on the truck trip out. It was wild there, like you said, just like an island. It was cool to hunt somewhere different.

Adam

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #513 on: October 16, 2006, 04:57:00 PM »
Thought I'd post some pics of my hunting ground behind my house.

This is the view on the way up the mountain.

Here's a different exposure

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #514 on: October 16, 2006, 04:59:00 PM »
Here's the views from the stand I hunted in Sat. night.

East: looking back at the mountains which are washed out in the pic.

North: Where the doe came from too late.

South: where they were heading and where I saw three nice bucks opening evening.

Offline merciful silence

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #515 on: October 16, 2006, 09:49:00 PM »
What a great looking back yard you have there Talondale , I hope you have one of those big fellas walk under your stand soon , it looks like a sure fire spot and a down hill drag to your back porch (Handy)Its not quite so green down here at the moment we are in one of the country's longest droughts ever but the animals seem to cope and move about to suit.

Good luck

Offline Two Hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #516 on: October 17, 2006, 08:27:00 AM »

Here is a little buck that fell due to contact with a magnus II and a Desperado Mtn Bow which I helped build.What a good feeling it is.Sorry for the small pic maybe I can talk Nook into putting a real size pic in here for me later
An Angel once wrote: Many people will walk in and out of your life,but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart!!

Offline Two Hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #517 on: October 17, 2006, 09:17:00 AM »
Well I surprised myself it actualy worked correctly,now I can tell the story;
   Got in the treestand well before daylight,after settling down I could hear the rustling of the leaves and the crunch of the footsteps of a decent sized deer.Since I was hunting over a fresh scrape,I figured he was coming to that.
    Although it was still a little too dark i could make out that he was of decent size.The excitement was great,about 45 minutes later a spike came into the area and was feeding 10 yds to my right.The shot was high and behind the shoulder alittle farther back than I wanted.
     The buck ran about 75 yds and piled up,It was good to follow a blood trail even a blind man could follow.The reward at the end of the ftrail ia always priceless ,just ask ole Nook.He also shot a nice buck that same day.I am so glad to be back in the woods again.My peace and serenity.Hope to share more of the moments again soon...............
An Angel once wrote: Many people will walk in and out of your life,but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart!!

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #518 on: October 17, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »
She's a beauty, two hats!!!  :thumbsup:
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #519 on: October 17, 2006, 11:08:00 AM »
Sorry bout that...he. Dang typing errors!
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©