3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Daily Hunt pics and Stories 2006  (Read 41566 times)

Offline Hunter John

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Daily Hunt pics and Stories 2006
« Reply #560 on: October 24, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »
Heading out from home and look whats coming

Upon entering the bush theres lots of evidence of deer feeding on raspberry canes

Other evidence as well

I am a man
and I can change
if I have to
I guess.

Offline Hunter John

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #561 on: October 24, 2006, 12:03:00 PM »
her is the aforementioned ground blind

behind me is a creek and waterfall and the deer usually avoid the opening and come up the hill in front of me

the only one to keep me company was this squirrel

and thats all right with me
thanks for letting me share.

John
I am a man
and I can change
if I have to
I guess.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #562 on: October 24, 2006, 07:06:00 PM »
I posted a few pics on Highlights 2006...Bamboo and I spent a weekend bowhunting in the Mtns.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline uncowboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #563 on: October 24, 2006, 09:11:00 PM »
Thats hunt'n ! You have seen more bucks in one day than I have seen in 5 years. J.Michael

Offline flntknp17

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #564 on: October 24, 2006, 11:14:00 PM »

Here is a pic of how my evening ended today......used another one of my doe tags.  The point is one I made in June and (for those who are interested in archaeology) is clovis in style.  These were the very first points in use in North America (as far as we know) and were made between 14,000 and 12,000 years ago.  Still work as well today as they did then!  Went through both lungs and lodged in the off side scapula.  Hafting broke upon the deer taking off after being hit.  She ran about 35 yards and piled up in less than 10 seconds.  Bow was my old favorite osage selfbow (63# at 26" and 60" nock to nock) that is celebrating year ten in the deer woods with me!

Matt

Offline SSGA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #565 on: October 25, 2006, 05:55:00 AM »
wow again, that is worth the congratulations!!!

SSGA
"Arrows: not just signs by the road"

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #566 on: October 25, 2006, 09:02:00 AM »

Another shot from our moose hunt.
hunt it

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #567 on: October 25, 2006, 09:15:00 AM »
Hunt it aka david stinson moose hunt pictures

Great pictures, nice Moose   :thumbsup:

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #568 on: October 25, 2006, 09:50:00 AM »
Thanks Tex, I figured out what I was doing wrong!
hunt it

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #569 on: October 25, 2006, 10:39:00 AM »
Now you tell me  :bigsmyl:

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #570 on: October 25, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »
The Cohutta Wilderness in N. GA ......

Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #571 on: October 25, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »
Mikuta still a virgin...missed a turkey today. Posted a few more pics under Highlights 2006...

"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #572 on: October 25, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »
That be a cool looker of a pic Terry. Might see you in GA one day.

IN Oz,al
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline droptine59

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #573 on: October 25, 2006, 04:09:00 PM »
I had taken 2 does with black pwder on the eastern shore of Maryland Sat. morning. Drove 3 hours home miday to get em hung up to butcher. I was about 1 mile from home and decided to stop by a farm i hunt to see what was up as I still had 3 hrs of daylight left. I had my recurve with me so i high tailed it into a bottom and up my tree to wait in ambush by an area with 3 intersecting trails. I was not on stand more than 23 minutes and was blessed with a perfect 8 yard shot. Home by 5 to eat dinner with the family. What a day.

Offline Little Tree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #574 on: October 25, 2006, 08:20:00 PM »
This morning I was on my way with just a hint of a glow on the eastern horizon. With the rare Southest wind, I thought I may be able to utilize a stand where only such a wind works. As I reached the top of my stand I heard a doe blow at me from about 100 yards. I knew she couldn't see me, so I hit my grunter in a feeble attempt to make her think I was a four legged..off she went for good. It drives me crazy to get busted on the way out, often I spend a half hour or so covering a few hundred yards just to make it on stand without the unecessary drama. As my logical mind was doing its best in convincing my spirit that this hunt was over before it even began, the hunt was indeed ON.....apparently my grunting convinced a buck that I infact was one of the four-leggeds, and in he came crunching away like a kid in a bowl of Lucky Charms. In a matter of moments, here he was, right down my chosen fenceline... right into my shot window, 12 yard shot....just 10 minutes too early, It was indeed to dark to pick a spot. Another day I thought, as he made his way about 150 yards across an open field to the far woodline to freshen up one of his scrapes. Then I see him.....the big guy... coming out of the woods 20 yards from the other buck. They exchange a short greeting as I pick up my rattling antlers, and start cracking away. I think I was cracking a bit to BIG as they both looked my way as to say, "no thanks"! So I tinkeled them together as if I was a couple teenagers, and in he came...and fast. Within moments he was at 35 yards and looking for me. I softly hit my grunt tube, and over the fence he comes heading right up my shooting trail. After stopping right before my shot window(of course), he enters front quartering.......I decide not to shoot....shot window is small......one more step and he will live another day.......what a beautiful buck......And then it happens..in a flash he turns as if he was on a lazy susan, quartering away, and the next thing I knew he was crashing through the brush with what looked  like MY arrow sicking out of his side! Am I dreaming?....He trots into the open field, stops, looks at the arrow,flicks his tail, walks slowly for 20 yards, stops, looks at the arrow, flicks his tail, starts into his trot again, then falls over in a heap. Death blow...........then that almost erie quiet. Today I am blessed.

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #575 on: October 25, 2006, 08:40:00 PM »
Brad that is a great story and great buck.
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Offline Hunter John

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #576 on: October 25, 2006, 09:54:00 PM »
That is a great story.way to go on a great buck.

John
I am a man
and I can change
if I have to
I guess.

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #577 on: October 25, 2006, 11:33:00 PM »
Wow! It's really bringing a smile to my face to see so many fine people with so many fine deer...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #578 on: October 26, 2006, 02:42:00 PM »
My father took this nice Indiana buck this morning about 7:50 at 20 feet.  Nice quartering shot which double lunged him and only made it about 60 yards before rolling up.

Weighted in at 209 lbs at the check station.  No wonder we had a hard time getting him into the back of the truck. dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #579 on: October 26, 2006, 03:23:00 PM »
Beautiful deer guys!
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©