3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Daily Hunt pics and Stories 2006  (Read 41560 times)

Offline merciful silence

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Daily Hunt pics and Stories 2006
« Reply #660 on: November 12, 2006, 02:26:00 AM »
Nice one Ben , Yep a sprint at this time of year will knock you off your feet for a while , looks like you are enjoying that Blackwidow long bow , they are famous for those recurves but if more people knew how sweet those sticks were Im sure there would be more of them out there.

I have an LAG 63 @ 28 and there is just something about it , its a joy to shoot and being a takedown its super handy as well.

Keep up with the great shots and Pics its good to see another Ozy out there doing it.

Offline merciful silence

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #661 on: November 12, 2006, 02:34:00 AM »
Joe Skip

Boy that ASAT looks like it was made for that country you were hunting in there with all the leaves on the ground and the fallen timber.

I hunt in that gear quite a lot down here but I don't think I have ever seen it look quite as at home as you do in it there.

Its very effective Camo Isn't it , I had my doubts at first but I have had enough up close experiences now to know that what the designers say is true , to animals your very very hard to see.

If you flicked those photos to black and white you would be gone in a couple of them.

Nice photos to by the way .

Simon

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #662 on: November 12, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »
Thanks, Simon! I'm a fan of your stories in the magazines! Thanks for all those adventures you've shared with us! Cheers, Ben
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Bryan Burkhardt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #663 on: November 12, 2006, 08:39:00 AM »
Had some fun in Ohio on Nov. 5th.      
You can increase your wealth by counting your blessings

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #664 on: November 12, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »
Nice Bryan!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #665 on: November 12, 2006, 09:11:00 AM »
Well yesterday was opening day of gun season here. I always go out with in law with my Model 70. He could only go out for about an hour and a half in the morning. So I watched some does and a lot of hunters for the morning. At lunch I went home and caught a shower, it was 70 degrees here yesterday which is crazy. Since the afternoon was solo, I grabbed the LB and decided to hump in a ways and get away from the crowd.

I went to a spot that has been good to me before, an oak ridge an a 40 foot cliff that has one trail running up it that leads up from another with a thick bedding area. I was a little concerned with the lack of scrapes and rubs with all the talk of the rut going on elsewhere. About 3:30 a large storm front rolled in and the woods got really dark. Perfect!

About 4:00 I caught a little movement in my peripheral vision and through the tangle of scrub brush I could see a head rubbing a tree. Buck! better yet a legal one! Dark is approaching real fast so I'm pulling for him to feed across the ridge and sent check where some does crossed earlier.

After what seems like forever he starts moving across the edge of the ridge toward s the one shooting lane for that trail. (there are four trails here and I set-up at a spot that gives me shots from 40-5 yards on each). I now see he has a large doe feeding in front of him, he already has a date! She starts feeding through a tree-top straight for me while he continues along the trail. The wind has been pretty dead so far.

Time is running out, I need him to clear one last tree to get a shot and I need it before the doe busts me. The breeze tickles the back of my neck and it is real close to being to dark(I still have 25 minutes of legal shoot time but the cloudcover has really made it dark). He moves his front quarters out from behind the tree and the arrow is gone before I even think about it. I here the loud crack of steel hitting bone and he is gone! No running off, just gone, like he was never there.

I head down to where I shot to see if there is any blood while I can still see a little and watch two deer moving away through the brush. I missed or didn't hit as well as I sounded I think. Move down to where I last saw him and there he is! The arrow caught him in the spine and is no where to be found(I think when he fell it went over the ledge, he hit the ground so hard he broke his shoulder).

As the saying goes, now the work begins and 3 1/2 hours later is what you see in the picture above.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #666 on: November 12, 2006, 09:35:00 AM »
Way to go David!  :thumbsup:  To do it on the first day of rifle season makes it even sweeter, good job.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #667 on: November 12, 2006, 09:54:00 AM »
Dang Brian...   :eek:   ...you Mich boys quit coming down here and shooting all our big bucks.. heck when I go to Mich I'm nice and don't shoot any deer    :rolleyes:   Nice pic BTW! Congrats ..that's a dandy    :notworthy:  

Way to go Ben...heck at 40 degrees I'm wearing thermal underwear. Must be a different kinda 40

Vermonster...way to go bro!    :clapper:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #668 on: November 12, 2006, 01:12:00 PM »
Wow!  Great critters all!  Congrats to Dave, Bryan, and Ben.

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #669 on: November 12, 2006, 02:10:00 PM »
Very Nice Guys, VERY NICE Indeed  :thumbsup:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #670 on: November 12, 2006, 08:11:00 PM »
Dandy bucks!!!   :clapper:
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Offline shawns

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #671 on: November 12, 2006, 08:24:00 PM »
My first traditional harvest. This morning .  
Shawn Simpson
Tuscaloosa , Al.
Martin Hi-Speed 58"recurve 50@28
Bob Lee 58" TD recurve 44@28
Martin Rebel recurve 50@28

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #672 on: November 12, 2006, 08:53:00 PM »
Good for you Shawns! First of many!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline LUCKY MAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #673 on: November 12, 2006, 09:09:00 PM »
Good Stuff !  Congratulations to all.
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way
you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Offline eagle24

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #674 on: November 12, 2006, 10:36:00 PM »
2006 is underway with a little meat for the freezer and a whole lot of fun in South Alabama.  Thursday evening I set up on this white oak that was raining acorns and hot with fresh sign.

At about 3:30 this girl showed up for a snack.  
Friday morning was a bummer.  The deer did'nt move at all and it was hot and muggy by 7:30.  Friday evening I saw the "Big Boy" that probably did this, but he was well out of bow range.  
Saturday was not good for me.  I apparently did'nt smell good to the deer since they blew and promptly ran away both morning and evening.  This morning I went to a favorite scope of woods that always have this eerie green cast to them.  
Around 8:30 I got another shot opportunity.  
No horns, but lots of fun and some good eating.

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #675 on: November 13, 2006, 05:53:00 AM »
Congrats and good shooting. Alan

Offline juneaulongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Fannin Texas
« Reply #676 on: November 13, 2006, 11:24:00 AM »
What's that bow you're shooting?

Offline eagle24

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #677 on: November 13, 2006, 11:56:00 AM »
juneau,

The first deer was killed with a reflex/deflex longbow built by Lynn Harrelson.  It has bamboo/carbon limbs 55# @ 29" and shoots very hard.  My main bow for the last 4 years.  The bow in the other pics and the one I shot the second deer with is an all wood bamboo and osage laminated bow also built by Lynn Harrelson.  He calls it his "kolomi" longbow.  It is not as fast, but may be the smoothest and quietest shooting bow I've ever shot.

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #678 on: November 13, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »
Everyone...great shooting.
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator (retired)
Southeastern Illinois College
NSCA Level III Instructor
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Offline PWP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #679 on: November 13, 2006, 04:27:00 PM »
Well, no deer with my bow yet, but, this little piggie went to market.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©