3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Daily Hunt pics and Stories 2006  (Read 41550 times)

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Daily Hunt pics and Stories 2006
« Reply #760 on: November 29, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »
Dang Old Ways, heck of a story! Way to stick with it. Congrats.
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #761 on: November 29, 2006, 06:04:00 PM »
Excellent
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #762 on: November 29, 2006, 07:06:00 PM »
Good stuff guys...some great buck!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline David Hewitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #763 on: November 29, 2006, 08:59:00 PM »
Way cool...great job, that's a memory for life!

Woody

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #764 on: November 30, 2006, 06:39:00 AM »
Simon,
That is simply awesome, your blessed to have witnessed one of nature's wonders, thanks for sharing.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #765 on: November 30, 2006, 07:14:00 AM »
Originally posted by Huntrdfk:
Simon,
That is simply awesome, your blessed to have witnessed one of nature's wonders, thanks for sharing.

David
No doubt, sounds like an amazing day...thanks for sharing!!!
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #766 on: November 30, 2006, 08:57:00 AM »
very cool. Thanks for sharing.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #767 on: November 30, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »
Man I love to see all you bowhunters from different countries. It makes the world a bit warmer place to live. Thanks for taking us along. Watching the birth of the fawn is awesome.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #768 on: November 30, 2006, 11:13:00 AM »
Simon:

Great pics and a great kill....

Can you tell me what you mean by "hard velvet".

Thanks
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator (retired)
Southeastern Illinois College
NSCA Level III Instructor
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #769 on: November 30, 2006, 01:36:00 PM »
Simon, sounds like a perfect day in the field.  Beautiful arrows, by the way!  Are the blossoms from some kind of eucalyptus?  And the grass looks like it'd catch fire if you just looked hard at it...  Is that one of the areas that the aborigines used to burn yearly?  Sorry for all the questions but I'm very curious about your part of the world!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline merciful silence

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #770 on: November 30, 2006, 04:43:00 PM »
Huntschool , when we talk about hard velvet its talking about when they are tipping out of it or its starting to split on their antlers with the antlers fully formed and hard underneath.

These guys fight like the devil as soon as they rub free their velvet and often break points and even main beams doing it.

A rack shot with velvet still on it is perfect and undamaged and still has all those little pearled points on it that the deer rub off during the year otherwise.

Knife River , No mate that's not a eucalypt tree to be honest I am still not sure what it is , but it was a stand out in the brown.

There were a lot of Aborigines in this area but I dont think they burnt it as they do and did in the Northern Territory , this area dosnt have the rainfall to sustain big burns and regenerate as it does in the top end of the country.

There are a lot of Grass ticks about when its like this and I got hammered this trip (bites all over) but I did very greatfully avoid two strikes at me from an 8 foot brown snake on Friday afternoon (what a way to start a trip)
they hiss like a cat when they are angry and this fella was very emotional.

They are Beautiful arrows I agree , they were a gift and one greatfuly recieved !! that Widow loves them as does my Robertson, I have busted one and lost one now but both in the very best of ways in the job they were designed for.

That little fawn was so neat , the little legs were out like a tripod for the few moments but Mother had it walking within the hour , she would move away a few steps and the little one would follow , then go back , she was so alert and had her head up looking for Dingos or any threat to her little one the whole time.

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #771 on: November 30, 2006, 04:47:00 PM »
Very cool MS   :thumbsup:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline SSGA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #772 on: November 30, 2006, 05:59:00 PM »
MC when you headed down south on the Sambar?? You really have a talent with the bow and the written word! Watching anything special like the birh of a calf, flowers in a drought, etc. just makes you realise how lucky we hunters are!

Speak soon

SSGA
"Arrows: not just signs by the road"

Offline merciful silence

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #773 on: November 30, 2006, 08:10:00 PM »
You are so right SSGA we are blessed there is no doubt about that , I have hunted Samba twice now and I know I will again some day , I had a Mega stag only 12-15 yards away on the other side of some dogwood bushes but I could not get a clear shot so I let him go without taking one never to be seen again.

Everytime I step into the bush it seems something good is waiting to be experienced , a day after I get home I am wondering off in my mind and wishing I was back there again.

This is how I left the worlds newest Chital deer the other day , you can just see his little head in the grass wishing his mum would slow down.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #774 on: November 30, 2006, 08:14:00 PM »
Wow, you guys have been BUSY!!!!!

Congrats to all....and thanks a bundle for sharing your hunts.    

Outstanding!!!    :clapper:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Leland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #775 on: November 30, 2006, 08:17:00 PM »
Love it !!! Great pictures!!

Offline BamBooBender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #776 on: December 01, 2006, 12:36:00 AM »
Simon, Wow! That's what I call wilderness hunting. You witnessed the beginning of a life, and had a brush with death. Not to mention you got your quarry. That's some awesome stuff man.     :thumbsup:       :notworthy:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Goodbye Shiner you were always a good dog.

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #777 on: December 01, 2006, 03:41:00 AM »
Terrific stuff, Simon! Don't you have cane-toads where you hunt in Queensland? I would've thought they'd have done more of a job of sorting the browns out, as they've done here to a large extent. Last Sunday, whilst out hunting pigs, I paused to water the horse, and had a chuckle when a little blighter slithered out from the target patch of grass - he objected to getting rained-on! Cheers, Ben
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #778 on: December 01, 2006, 09:25:00 AM »
You guys have some NASTY snakes in Australia.   :scared:    :scared:    I'd be one nervous dude there.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #779 on: December 01, 2006, 10:54:00 AM »
Simon:

Thanks "mate" for the "hard velvet" thing.  We call it hard antler here.  Thought that was what ya were talking about but wanted to be sure.

Close call on the brown snake. I think I would have to Bow hunt your country with a loaded shotgun in tow.  I might never get an animal with a bow.  Too much noise from me blowing the various Mr. No-shoulders to bits! Please keep those damn snakes over there......
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator (retired)
Southeastern Illinois College
NSCA Level III Instructor
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©