3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Daily Hunt pics and Stories 2006  (Read 41656 times)

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Daily Hunt pics and Stories 2006
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2006, 08:21:00 AM »
Pretty country Derek, thanks for the story to.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Jeff Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2006, 09:41:00 AM »
That sounds like a fun bear hunt.  I'm interested in what's on the trail camera film.....
"He has also made me as a select arrow, He has hidden me in His quiver." - Isaiah 49:2

Offline Bard1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2006, 11:32:00 AM »
heh.  turns out that the only thing on the trail cam was ferns blowing in the wind. I am going to run up there this weekend and put a camera back up, and hopefully aim it a little better. ;-)
got arrows?

Offline alimoche

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2006, 05:03:00 PM »
Hello everybody,

I have been hunting for a few days looking for roedeer in Spain, also for some wildboar. I saw a few roedeer but nothing big enough. Just one buck, but it was in the first ligth of the morning, and he saw me first. Couldnt do anything, he stoped at 45 yards, but I dont shoot at those distances..

I tried a decoy made by myself, and it work! to deer came at 40 yards of my treestand. But it was a doe and spike.   http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/alimoche/IMG_0927.jpg  

The last day was the day! It was a beatiful forest, very good grass inside, and a lot of hogs and roe deer in it. Ten minutes later, I saw four hogs 100 yards away from me, I didnt doubt a second, and started my stalk. I was getting very closed while there where feeding calmly. I was about 20 yards away!, waiting for one of them to show me his ribs, because he was behind some brushes. When suddenly another hog rised his nose up and..bufff!! Alll of them went running..I was so excited..!!ahahha

I continued walking through the woods, and wait a moment, what is that... a hog! There was another one feedin just at fifty yards from me. He was at 20 yards from the road now and was heading it, so I hurried up to try to win some yards. Now my heart was going to jump from my chest. He was behind a tree, 20 yards, I started thinking and triying to concentrate on the shot,and there he came, he step on the road, I picked a spot (maybe the hole boar, I dont know!hahaha), I draw and..zasss!!! between the legs!!!hahahahhah!! he started running and stopped at 35 yards to look back and think in what have just happen... I picked another arrow as  fast as i could, draw and release! Miss!!!hahaha I dont know here that arrow went, only remind the sound of the arrow hitting the rocks!

He as fast as he could! I went to find the arrow, and there was him again!!!! at 400 yards inside the forest eating calmly. I started the stalk, and when I was at 50 yards of the boar a roedeer appear(a doe), it was going to be tuff!, because they are really clever! and you know, 4 ears are better than two! So I continued very slowly and finally reach a tree that was only at 20 yards from the boar. Wait 10 seconds behind it to think in all the things to do a perfect shot.  All ready... I went out of the tree, and he was there! 20 yards broadside, I now really concentrate on the shot, until the boar rise his head and looked at me, it was so beatifull that i dont know what i did, I maybe anchor on my chest or something, but i miss it by far!!haahha

I was behind the right tree and the boar was just beside the small tree..

After the three misses..
   http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/alimoche/IMG_0931.jpg

It was a beatifull morning, I really enjoyed it! And learn a lot of things! Hope you enjoy it!!!

here it is some hog sign   http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/alimoche/IMG_0924.jpg

Have a nice day and good hunting,
Pedro

Offline Firstarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »
Great story Alimoche!

Sometimes those things happen to the best of us.
Being first, making a mark and being part of
something great!
Rich

May you keep the wind to your nose, have the patience of Job, and have your Firstarrow fly true.

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2006, 05:37:00 PM »
Pedro,  Been there!  I enjoyed your story and pictures very much.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Bard1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2006, 06:33:00 PM »
Thanks for the story Pedro!  That was a great hunt!  wow!  I can't wait to read more of your adventures!
got arrows?

Offline NorthShoreLB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2006, 02:56:00 AM »
Cool story pedro,...and pics
"Almost none knows the keen sense of satisfaction which comes from taking game with their own homemade weapons"

-JAY MASSEY-

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2006, 09:09:00 AM »
Thanks Pedro, very pretty country.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2006, 10:38:00 AM »
Pretty country, Gracias.

Offline Hunter John

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »
Ok I will play to.These are some pics from this springs shed hunting adventures,most of wich was done with my son Jack who is 2 and loves the bush.

We saw quite a few deer

Some not so lucky

more signs of spring

we found a fort some kids made

Jack deciding he wants to walk and lead the way

looking for the sheds that did this but no luck yet

John
I am a man
and I can change
if I have to
I guess.

Offline Jumper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »
Pretty cool guys, thanks for sharing!
"With God, all things are possible"

Offline kojac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2006, 07:04:00 PM »
I had seen this critter here before but never had a camera. Today I had one but the battery was all but dead. I turned it on and took one picture and the rechargable battery died.

not a great photo but it gives you an idea of what a badger looks like.

Brian

"Hunting...is about the Sights, Sounds, Smells, and  the Hunted...All the hunter has to do is show up"

Offline alimoche

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2006, 08:27:00 PM »
beatifull animal, and the photo is excellent!!!

Thanks everybody, hoping to can tell you the end of the story one of this days!hahaha

Take care,
Pedro

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2006, 07:11:00 AM »
Pretty Badger. She looks nice and clean like she doesn't stink at all. Yea right! There just isn't anything that stinks worse than a boar badger!

Sometime I decide to hunt ol' man style and spend the evening hunt relaxing and catching up on my education.

Other times I like to sneak around and see what I can find. This day I found where a big Sow and her newly born offspring had been quelling the heat with a dunk in the mud.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2006, 07:31:00 AM »
The drought here has gotten so bad that the animals that do find water to drink sometime get stuck in the mud and die before their thirst is quenched. It's gotten so bad that the water isn't drinkable do to the unspeakables. You can see the remnants of this pig which fell victim to the mud and was later pulled out by hungry coyotes. The saga of life continues. Rain is falling now as I type. A much needed relief after 9 months without. CK

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2006, 08:18:00 AM »
Here's a shot from the past. One evening bunny hunting, me and Terry. CK

Offline alimoche

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2006, 03:46:00 PM »
Nice picture, seem that you have a lot of rabbit there!!! I have seen your web, and there are a lot of pics with them.Must be awesome.. Have you ever got Spanish hunters?

Pedro

Offline Coachy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2006, 03:50:00 AM »
Here is my Goat I got today . Bear Grizzly 55# @ 28" POC shaft , hand cut Feathers and an Aussie TUSKER JAVELIN Head .Shot at 10 yards

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2006, 06:57:00 AM »
hay coachy nice goat! do you guys eat them over there?
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©