3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Daily Hunt Pics and Stories 2007  (Read 37392 times)

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Daily Hunt Pics and Stories 2007
« Reply #420 on: October 21, 2007, 05:03:00 PM »
That small 6pt I saw was acting like he wanted to chase those does a little. Seeing scrapes pretty regulary here in Oklahoma. Congrats on the bucks guys!
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
Operation New Dawn Iraq 2011,
Operation Enduring Freedom 2018 Afghanistan.
NRA Life Member.

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #421 on: October 22, 2007, 08:27:00 AM »
It was warm and windy here over the weekend. Not much activity deer-wise. I had a skwerrel come within 8 feet of me before he realized I was there in my ground blind. He hopped up on a trunk and barked at me for 5 minutes. It would have been an easy head shot, but I wasn't going to waste a vintage Bear Razorhead on him. I had to throw a stick at him to get him to go away.   :rolleyes:   The temps dropped 30 deg overnight last night though!  :thumbsup:
Got wood? - Tom

Offline hawk22

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #422 on: October 23, 2007, 08:47:00 PM »
Razorsharp,

Offline hawk22

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #423 on: October 23, 2007, 08:47:00 PM »
Oops, anyways what kind of bow is that?

Offline mcowie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #424 on: October 23, 2007, 09:04:00 PM »
She stopped broadside at 7 yards oblivious to my presence.  I drew and just as I was about to release she turned to check on the rest of her party.  I had to wait until she turned back to quartered away at 18 yards.  First from the ground and first with a homemade bow.

Offline mparks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #425 on: October 23, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »
I got home from work tonight and felt that little chill in the air and I had a real good feeling.  I hiked back to my stand 1/2 mile from the house and was settled in by about 5:45.

About 6:15 I saw a group of does heading down the trail in front of my stand.  They were moving right along and I wasn't quite sure at first if there was a shooter but the lead doe looked to be pretty long in the snout.    :)    

The doe stopped in my shooting lane I had lots of time to draw and focus on the spot.  The arrow blew right through but hit high and back.  I didn't like the shot placement too well at all but she headed in a direction where I could watch her pretty well and within 60 yards and about 1 minute soon she was down.

I was shooting a 50# Super Shrew with Carbon Express 150s, 100gr insert and 150gr Woodsman.  I hit the bottom of the cartilidge where the ribs meet the backbone and it curled that Woodsman up pretty good(sharpened to a needle point).  I missed the liver but got the top of the off side lung.  I was happy to have a heavier arrow for this shot than my normal cedar and 125gr Woodsman.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #426 on: October 23, 2007, 10:03:00 PM »
Great job Mick!!  Good to see you getting your season off to a good start with meat in the freezer.  I will be hunting a farm in Clio this weekend that my dad and I have permission to hunt.  We have hunted there over 20 years and ever since I moved I always look forward to making home a couple weekends to hunt.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #427 on: October 24, 2007, 08:34:00 AM »
I shot this little 7 pointer last evening. He passed me out of range looking for does I guess and I made a few calls with the "can" and he came back and stopped 7 yards from my stand. I saw him fall. I used a 52# Great Northern Fireball and a 690 grain larch arrow with an Eclipse broadhead.

PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #428 on: October 24, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »
Way to go Jack.  :thumbsup:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #429 on: October 24, 2007, 06:44:00 PM »
congrats Jack!
Bob Lee Hunter Recurve 55# @ 29''

Offline BaldingEagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #430 on: October 24, 2007, 11:28:00 PM »
Nice job, Jack!
"It is the difficulties of archery that make it so interesting to true archers."
Archery-Badminton Library

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #431 on: October 25, 2007, 08:28:00 AM »
Yes, I thought I was going to have a hero pic of me with a doe on here this morning. Oh so close! I saw plenty more but I had 6 nice does out in front of my ground blind, no more than 10 yards away! That's a little nerve racking when you have that many pairs of eyes looking in your general direction. I'd had been playing cat and mouse with 2 of them for 20 minutes. They'd move a little closer to the blind each time they came back, then, finally, 6 of them walked right up to my blind location. I'm patiently waiting for one of the fatter ones to turn just right when they all lift their heads and perch their ears in a direction over my left shoulder. Then I here the unmistakable steady plodding of a buck coming our way. The brush is too thick to see him but he's coming. I think "Oh great, now they got me surrounded." (chuckle) He picks up his pace to almost a trot and that's all they needed to hear. They didn't snort, but they all got out of Dodge quick! Last I heard of him, he was moving through the wooded ravine, in their direction. I waited for dark and watched my shadow as I "snuck" across the corner of the pasture under the full moon. Exciting night.
Got wood? - Tom

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #432 on: October 25, 2007, 05:46:00 PM »
Wow Tom - what a great evening. :-)

Offline luv2bowhunt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #433 on: October 25, 2007, 06:07:00 PM »
Here is my most prized trophy ever... a small spike but taken with the Little Delta Bow! I got him on October 24th in the evening on a most memorable hunt.

The full story can be found  here.

Kevin.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."

Fred Bear

Offline ratgunner

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #434 on: October 25, 2007, 06:54:00 PM »
Congrats.  :clapper:
TGMM "Brotherhood of the Bow"   "Family of the Bow"

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #435 on: October 25, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »
Congrats Kevin.  :thumbsup:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline Aeronut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #436 on: October 25, 2007, 08:34:00 PM »
Great!  Congrats again Kevin!!

Dennis

Offline Brute killer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #437 on: October 26, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
Congrats on the Little Delta kill.
Here is Mr Stout's Ol' Buck after the second miss.  :(  

Martin
"The first deer that gets close enough and I'm goin Womack on his ass!! " Charlie Lamb

Offline Jeff Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #438 on: October 26, 2007, 09:32:00 AM »
It's been a good year for Tradgangers - nice photos and stories.

I'm out of vacation time but I slipped down to southern Georgia for a day in the swamps with my TBG friends on an unofficial group hunt, searching for hogs and deer.  I spent more time driving to/from than hunting, and I'll have to work tomorrow to compensate, but it was worth it.  As usual, my friend RC didn't disappoint and showed me some honey holes along the river...

This man can hunt and is very successful on public land, which we were hunting!  If he ever offers to take you hunting, you would do well to accept the offer.  I was happy to breath in the fresh air after a welcome rain, hear the sounds of the lowcountry, and see the palmettos and huge cypress trees...

We saw some turkeys, a few deer but nothing close, and had 3 chances at putting a hog or two in the cooler.  Early RC pushed a young boar to me from a small river island, but standing shots have been challenging for me lately so I didn't even consider shooting as it charged past me.  Later we had a  group of about a dozen porkers feeding towards us, but a stray breeze foiled us near this bottom..

We ended the day by spooking one last boar while searching for Indian pottery fragments in an overgrown foodplot.  What a short but sweet hunt!
"He has also made me as a select arrow, He has hidden me in His quiver." - Isaiah 49:2

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #439 on: October 26, 2007, 10:10:00 AM »
Watch it Jeff  :D    RC is cutting you off...you better strike out on your own..Biggie says he's a master at using guest to push him hogs!!!!!!!  :goldtooth:
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©