3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Daily Hunt Pics and Stories 2007  (Read 37393 times)

Offline stalkerhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Daily Hunt Pics and Stories 2007
« Reply #440 on: October 28, 2007, 05:24:00 PM »
the hawk in the pic is a immature redtailed hawk

Offline Old Ways

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #441 on: October 28, 2007, 11:40:00 PM »
I envy you guys. I wish I could go hunting. I decided to become a fire fighter/MFR and with work, schooling and being on call I can't find any time to hunt. It is 4 weeks into our archery deer season and I have only been out for one morning hunt and one evening. How depressing. I usually live in the woods this time of year. Oh well, at least someone gets to be there.     :(
"You dishonor an animal if you take it's spirit without knowing  and respecting the way it lived."

Offline kasey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #442 on: October 29, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »
im with ya old ways im in Florda and i don't have any place to hunt here.

Offline flightmedic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #443 on: October 30, 2007, 02:11:00 PM »
this is my first whitetail off the ground, shot her from a double bull blind, it worked like a charm, even used the shoot thru netting which i was very scared of doing but i had no ill effect at about 18yds. i used a Striker Stinger at 50# with a homemade wood shaft with a magnus 2 blade 125 grain. she went about 40yds and piled up it was a good october day in the woods

Toelke ( Troll)

Striker bow (stinger)

Compton Member
PBS MEMBER
"In the wind he is still alive Fred Bear "

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #444 on: October 30, 2007, 05:56:00 PM »
Way to go, flightmedic!

Offline ratgunner

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #445 on: November 01, 2007, 06:49:00 PM »
Good job,flightmedic.  :thumbsup:
TGMM "Brotherhood of the Bow"   "Family of the Bow"

Offline Plug

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #446 on: November 02, 2007, 11:14:00 AM »
Kinda cloudy so work at the grain elevator I manage was slow. Snuck out a little early to sit a tree ahead of the forecasted high winds.

Got settled in about 4:50. Watched a fox stalk some squirrels while things calmed back to normal. Then about 5:05 I softly grunted two times. Not a minute later a nice 8 point materializes out of the thick stuff about 50 yards away.

He walks toward me about 10 yards then stops under a white oak to suck up some acorns. After about 3 or 4 minutes he resumes heading my way then suddenly veers off. I quicky fish the grunt call back out of my jacket and give a couple of soft toots. That straightens him out and suddenly he's moving through my shooting lanes. A 22 yard shot with the old recurve passes through him taking out both lungs and the top of his heart. He tears off and a few seconds later I hear him crash. Wait about 15 minutes then find him after following a 120 yard blood trail a blind hippie could follow.

I was a little bit more excited about the whole thing than my grandaughter, Cadence.

Bow - Robertson Prarie Falcon, 60# @ 29". Black locust limbs. Built for me back in '84 and it's made a lot of meat since then.

Arrow - Laminated birch

Broadhead - Magnus I - 2 blade

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #447 on: November 02, 2007, 11:36:00 AM »
Big congrats Plug!  Very nice for an after work hunt!  :bigsmyl:
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Offline Buckhorn47

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #448 on: November 03, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »
Nice job, Plug. Congratulations. That laminated birch is good stuff, isn't it, of course, the whole setup sounds great.

Offline Plug

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #449 on: November 03, 2007, 10:48:00 PM »
horn mojo...

After I finished working up the buck I wrote about a few posts back, I contemplated on what to do with the rack.  I decided they were just about the right size for a set of rattlin’ antlers.  So today, after a morning shower allowed me to close the business at noon I hustled home, whacked the antlers off the buck's head, got my clothes changed and gear together, grabbed my new set of “rattlers” and headed for the woods.

The wind was blowing I’d say about 15.  A  little windy for good rattling success, but knowing I had nothing to lose, about 4:00 I beat them together.  Nothing responded.

About 5:00 I tried again.  I had only hung the horns up for maybe 3 minutes when I saw a nice 8 point coming through the woods at a fair pace.  True to form for rattled in bucks he came right up to my stand,  stopped and stood there looking for the action.  Down to my last buck tag and realizing the deer had the potential to be a real bruiser someday, I decided to pass on the 8 yard  standing broadside shot.

After a half a minute or so he started to move off.  However, I guess he was still wanting a fight or to at least watch one because he only made a short loop and came right back in again, this time stopping broadside at 12 yards.   Enough already!  I figured the Lord must be wanting me to shoot this deer.   So I shot him.  A picture perfect double-lunger.   After following another copious blood trail for 90 yards he was mine.  Kinda cool to kill him by rattling him in with the antlers of a buck I shot just 2 days before.

Cadence still hasn’t caught Pop-Pops’s excitement.

Same gear as last time.

Offline DW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #450 on: November 04, 2007, 08:27:00 AM »
Maybe he recognized the sound!!!!! Congratulations on an excellent week..Don and Skyler
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #451 on: November 04, 2007, 08:55:00 AM »
:bigsmyl:    :notworthy:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline ratgunner

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #452 on: November 04, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »
Nice one and a good story,thanks Plug.
TGMM "Brotherhood of the Bow"   "Family of the Bow"

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #453 on: November 04, 2007, 11:15:00 AM »
First off, Thanks to Trad Gang & Striker Bow's for letting me spend a little time with a vary special Bow.

I love hearing about every ones hunts, so here's whats been going on in southern California this season.

A little high country 11,500 feet only got sore feet.

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #454 on: November 04, 2007, 11:18:00 AM »
St Judes Rover Gal...Miss Hope.

Once again, thanks to Rick Ellis of Stiker Bows for offering these bows for this years effort

14 yard shot out of a tree I climbed to get off of the ground [ I just stood on a branch about 20 feet up ]

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #455 on: November 04, 2007, 11:25:00 AM »
This buck was awesome to hunt.

Here in SO Cal. he is a monster, we just don't have giant deer here.

But we make do, this is a black tail, they call it a Pacific Hybrid.

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #456 on: November 04, 2007, 11:28:00 AM »
Yes, I am smoking another cigar when this guy came in.

I think if they do smell it, it dose not scare them, it's just smoke.

But I always hunt the wind, It is funny though and I can tell which way the wind is going all the time.

11 yard shot with my Habu recurve, 55lb, 530 gr. arrow with 200gr. Grizzly

Offline kasey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #457 on: November 04, 2007, 12:11:00 PM »
nice

Offline Plug

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #458 on: November 04, 2007, 12:50:00 PM »
Great pictures Kingwouldbe.  Not trying to be rude but could you edit the pic down to 600 pixels wide?  It makes the all the posts on the page hard to read.

Originally posted by Admin:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE TRAD GANG CRITERIA FOR POSTING IMAGES

We do NOT allow posted images wider than 600 pixels! You MUST edit all larger images down to 600 pixels or less in width. There are no exceptions to this rule - if we find a posted image that's WIDER than 600 pixels, we reserve the right to delete it without warning or explanation!

Offline BOFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #459 on: November 04, 2007, 04:41:00 PM »
Plug,
What experiences and hunts. I see the first picture has an arrow Cadence may use.    :D  

Kingwouldbe,
Beautiful first pic. Great deer!! Your smile says it all. Way to go!!!    :thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©