3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Daily Hunt Pics and Stories 2007  (Read 37437 times)

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Daily Hunt Pics and Stories 2007
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2007, 03:49:00 AM »
Just found this website and it rocks.
this is some hogs killed Jan & Feb the story is else where.

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2007, 09:18:00 AM »
Ohhhhh man, them's some big pigs...  :scared:
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2007, 08:04:00 AM »
Little Big Hog! I've now got three wild hogs as pets. These two little fellas weigh about 2-3# each. I've been bottle feeding them and all they do is follow me around the Barnyard squeeling. They want me to hold them all the time. They came out of the swamp where there were literally hundreds of hogs. CK

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2007, 11:33:00 AM »
I got this picture the other day,on my new job. This bull had a injured hoof and made his last stand in the water. Pretty cool to read the story in the snow.
A big Tom lion made several attempts to get thru his head gear and get his neck broke. Then couldn't get him outta the stream, had to feed on him by sitting on top of him.

Both animals have my highest respect, it don't get much more real than this.

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2007, 05:33:00 PM »
Man thats cool Rough.  Too bad you couldnt let loose on that Tom.     :wavey:

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2007, 05:56:00 PM »
Wow,Thanks for sharing Robin.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2007, 01:47:00 AM »
Littlefeather got this one 9 months ago, same thing he will fallow me every where.
He's about 150 now and loves to push on me, I rap my arm with a beach towel and fight him, he loves it, my only problem is he's getting to big, he could kick my but he just doesn't know it yet.

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2007, 12:54:00 PM »
LOL!....that is good stuff! A "domesticated"..."wild" hog in a California housing tract!! Man it doesn't get any better than that!! Good for you Kingwouldbe!  :thumbsup:

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2007, 01:59:00 PM »
When he was just about the size of a football I would water the front yard and smoke a cigar and all my neighbors would come over and play with him and he would chase the kids on the lawn, some people driving by would stop and ask what kind of dog was it, I'd tell them, it's a wild boar we caught and thy-ed park their car and come and see him.

He would sleep with my son in his bed, and he was house broke, he got to big and my wife kicked him out.

So people still come and see him almost every day.

But his time with me will be coming to an end soon, when I go into his pen he just wants to play and he's kicking my a, I have dislocated my shoulder twice while playing with him.

He has vary little tusk and he wackes me with his head, so when he gets his tusk he'll tare me up and he'll just think he's playing with me.

His name is PUTTSY, and I don't eat anything I name, so he gets a reprieve, he gets to go back to the wild, just don't know how I'm going to get him back.

I was thinking of getting him drunk so he wont fight us putting him in the truck.

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2007, 04:41:00 PM »
Man that is cool!  :biglaugh:

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2007, 05:33:00 PM »
Lets hope he's not a mean drunk!!! LOL
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline buck-tamer00

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »
i cant raise a spieces and hunt it as well,
i get a sick feeling if i would do that.
I belive kids are the future....unless we stop'em now!!!!!!!

elchen recurve bow 47lb @28"

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2007, 09:27:00 PM »
swp, Lets hope he's not a mean drunk!!! LOL

I never thought of that, he could be a brawler.   :banghead:

Offline Coachy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2007, 02:42:00 AM »
This is what I did today    :)    :D

Offline Coachy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2007, 02:43:00 AM »
This is what I did today    :)    :D    
     http://www.bowhunter.com.au/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1050&highlight=

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2007, 10:15:00 PM »
those little piggies are awesome my girlfriend wants  one!!!!
St. Joe River Bows

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2007, 06:49:00 PM »
Had a good time this weekend. Place: Choppers Wild Hog Adventures  www.birdsandboars.com  in Hollister California.

I got parked about 4:00 or so and started into my spot i found a place that had some trails leading to a creek looked good so i ploped down in a rock pile about 4:30 and started my wait.

Here is where it gets good. About 5:10 a big black boar with a white band around his chest comes down the hill, starts to nose around and gets to about 15 yards from me, my heart is going of course, he turns quartering away and stands there as to say go ahead and shoot me if you can. I draw hit my anchor and zip it all felt good arrow was on its way to the sweet spot. Well right about the sound of the bow going off the boar dips his right sholder pushes off with his frount feet and #^$#$$#, missed by that much. It was a perfect shot the arrow went right where i wanted to, the pig was just not there when the arrow got there.

So now im trying to calm down and about 15 min later i hear noise behind me. I start to turn, get about half way around and im busted by a boar about 12 yards away i freeze and about 15 pigs come over the nobb. The one that busted me snorts and trots about 4 or 5 yards and stops. It looks like i have a shot at a black boar about 20 yards off and i decide to take it, Im getting ready to draw and they start to spook so i rush to draw and anchor and zip right over his back, this one was my bad, if i would have made a good shot there would have been one in the cooler the first night.

So now im trying to get my pulse down to a normal level. 20 min goes by and about 8 more hogs are on there way feeding right to me and we all know what happens now, the wind, it switches and there off to the races.

By now it starting to get dark and who do i see but the black boar with the white stripe, he decides he wants to try again, he feeds his way in behind a bush and tree about 8 yards from me, I am at half draw waiting for him to clear the tree and $%#&^%$ he spooks and is gone in a heart beet.

Its to dark to see so off to the truck i go and for the first 50 to 60 yards i can hear hogs all over the place. i get to the cabin and stories and food abound. Get to sleep and yes i dream about hogs.

Im up early and off i go back to my spot i get there a little late, its about 5:40, sun starts up and there is just enough light to see. I hear some noise comming and i stand up to get ready, as soon as this hog clears the trees he looks right at me, i freez he takes 2 steps and stares at me then 2 to 3 and looks again then he does it, 2 steps and stops with his head right behind a tree, I come to full draw he takes a few more steps and zip right through the good stuff, he turns runs right back up the hill, loops around comes back down and dies right in the middle of the road, THATS RIGHT 0 DRAG, got to love it. here is what he looks like:

TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2007, 11:21:00 PM »
Nice Boar wtpops

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2007, 03:39:00 PM »
Man that's AWESOME! Congrats! I'm still trying to get my first hog under my belt.  :banghead:  Well done pard!

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2007, 07:45:00 PM »
nice story sounds like my hunting experiences
St. Joe River Bows

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©