3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Old Duffers were young once.  (Read 43831 times)

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Old Duffers were young once.
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2005, 10:46:00 AM »
Ron, It looks like you are amazed at the size of that group   "[tunglaff]"  Looks like one of mine!  OK, maybe you were standing a little further away from the target.  ;)  

Love the old pics guys - as has already been said, this is a thread that needs to stay around.  It really is a classic.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2005, 01:25:00 PM »
Looks like the 30 yarder on a field round. Longest shot for a 12" target face. Gets pretty small at that range barebow.  I was happy with a 12 or better  :wavey:  ....Van
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2005, 02:00:00 PM »
Ron... didn't eat the porky. Probably should have. By the time I got done skinnin, I was a little tired of looking at him.

Once put a few quills in my hat band cause I thought it would look cool... it did! I also "pinned" my hat to my head one day while puttin on my shoulder quiver. Duh!!   :knothead:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2005, 02:03:00 PM »
By the way Ron, we've only met once. At a shoot in Michigan I think. You and Jay Massey were sittin on the tailgate of a station wagon having a "beverage". I ended up sharing a BIG bottle of wine with Jay and the night got to be real fun.    :D

Hope we can visit one of these days.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2005, 02:57:00 PM »
That must have been the GLLI. Jay came to several of those and we always had a good time.

You should come up here to Michigan again, either the GLLI or the Compton Rendezvous. Heck Missouri isn't too far from Michigan.    :)

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »
Really love this thread guys, super pictures. Shore wished I'd a taken some a few years back.

No chance of me lookin like Warren so I'd settle for actin like him, or Charlie or Ron and the list go's on  :bigsmyl:

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »
"That must have been the GLLI. Jay came to several of those and we always had a good time."

Hey Ron,

You mean like the one where our buddy Tim Cosgrove took on Dick Robertson in the wrestling match and later that night Jay Massey took on G. Fred in a debate about an entry into Pope and Young by a certain Alaskan bow hunter?
   ;)
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »
Ya Ray, those were fun times. Almost as much fun as we have now at the Compton Rendezvous every year.   :bigsmyl:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2005, 06:05:00 PM »
Ray... that was EXACTLY the get together! I always felt a little responible for Jay and Fred's "discussion" and if I remember right, ended up in the middle of it.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2005, 06:12:00 PM »
Charlie,

I still remember that conversation and can picture the scene. I left out the name of the individual on purpose (no one that visits here by the way). It would be good for you to come north for a visit again. The Comptons shoot is first up on the schedule.   :thumbsup:
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Rico

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2005, 06:58:00 PM »
Enjoyed those old pics thanks for sharing. I wonder how many old pics will survive the digital age, you know the ones stored on a computer instead of in a shoe box. I've already lost a few that I forgot to transfer,or deleted by mistake

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2005, 07:20:00 PM »
This one's from 1965, the year I broke my wrist and figured out a way to bowhunt. It wasn't easy, I had to cut down the brush and weeds for a shooting lane because I was so close to the ground. I had several shots that year but didn't connect. At least I was in the woods and not sitting home feeling sorry for myself.    :)    

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2005, 07:38:00 PM »
ron looks like a lot of FUN
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2005, 07:58:00 PM »
Ray and Ron... I'd love to get up that way again. Not sure of the dates and more than likely will be huntin.

Here's a snowshoe hare pic. Like Ron I've spent my share of time on snowshoes. About as good as it gets.

Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2005, 08:47:00 PM »
Ron...Cool.  My Dad did it later.  Must have copied you   :bigsmyl:  1989

Here's an old one of my Dad with a big doe.  68" Bushmaster bow with socks, barrelled and footed POC, natural turkey feathers, with a suicide bow quiver.  Man those were the days   :bigsmyl:  

I love this country ;-)

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2005, 08:53:00 PM »
Me and my Dad loadin' a deer in the pickup.  Dang, what's up with that tie?  "[laffsmyl]"    "[laffsmyl]"  ....Van

I love this country ;-)

Offline Desert Rat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2005, 09:23:00 PM »
This thread keeps getting better.  Thanks guys!  I love this stuff.  I need to take more pictures.  We can repeat this thread in 20 yrs.  :)

Brad

Offline Chris Steele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2005, 09:43:00 PM »
Troy,did you ever hunt or shoot with C.L.Wilson from Chelsea,I went to school with Ricky and Wade Yates.I never knew their dad shot bows,C.L. got me started bow hunting,I used to go with him and Jerry Simmonds hunting ground hogs.Do you know Ron Coleman he was an other bow hunter from Chelsea.Chris
Chris Steele

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2005, 09:49:00 PM »
Here's one a guy (Kelly) sent me a couple of years ago that he found in an old Archery mag.  I had never seen it and don't even remember it.  It's heck gettin' old   "[laffsmyl]"   I must have been 15 or 16 years old ...Van

I love this country ;-)

Offline Flinttim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2005, 07:38:00 AM »
Love this thread. I would put up some old pics of me and archery but they would only be about 4 yrs old. LOL. We don't save enough stuff like this. I have tons of pics from my early muzzleloading days and think I know where they are, but you never know for sure.
 For you guys with the old pics, I'd suggest you burn them into CDs and that way have a back up of the old stuff.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©