3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Old Duffers were young once.  (Read 43773 times)

Offline StanM

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Old Duffers were young once.
« Reply #420 on: June 02, 2005, 06:07:00 PM »
Charlie,

I'm getting the same message instead of a picture.

Stan

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #421 on: June 02, 2005, 06:09:00 PM »
Poop!!!
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Tracy McQueen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #422 on: June 02, 2005, 06:24:00 PM »
I don't think I have ever enjoyed a thread more! At least not since "Bow test on a dead cow"...
All the best to you,

Tracy McQueen

Please help support the Boy Scouts of America. Get a kid involved in Scouting!

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #423 on: June 02, 2005, 07:49:00 PM »
Charlie, reduce the resolution of your pics to 72 and then set the width to 600 pix  before loading to Photobucket (if you haven't already)  You can load a bunch more pics for free and the quality when posting is not effected   :wavey:   .....Van
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #424 on: June 02, 2005, 07:57:00 PM »
Here's one.  Wish Dan Q was posting here.  He's probably got a bunch of photos  :saywhat:    :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:  

I love this country ;-)

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #425 on: June 02, 2005, 08:03:00 PM »
Here's the last shot of the Wingshooting tournament.  This is 20 yards mind you...at a fast moving target from a machine  ;) ....Van

I love this country ;-)

Offline Archer 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #426 on: June 02, 2005, 10:55:00 PM »
Van, The doc's name in the photo is "Doctor Jim Smith" Did I get it right?
John.
May Your Feet Always Make Happy Tracks.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #427 on: June 03, 2005, 08:30:00 AM »
For you guys that want to see charlie's pics: right click on where the pic should be, click properties, then highlight and paste link showing...you can see them that way.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline OH at work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #428 on: June 03, 2005, 09:07:00 AM »
Charlie,
Where was that camp located at?

Joe

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #429 on: June 03, 2005, 02:57:00 PM »
Raven, Stan had it right, the guy in the vest is Norm Blaker. For several years Norm and I did shooting demonstrations together at various events shooting targets from unorthodox positions including shooting stuff out of the air. For the Grand Finale we would shoot an aspirin tossed in the air.

If you go to the main forums and click on Vintage Videos, then click on my name, then Saco Speed Round, you can see Norm and I shooting a speed round together.
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Raven

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #430 on: June 03, 2005, 03:03:00 PM »
Thanks! I did a search on the net and found out more about him. Sounds like one heck of a guy!  :thumbsup:  You two need to find a "Time Machine" and get back home.  ;)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #431 on: June 03, 2005, 03:48:00 PM »
Here's a younger looking Glenn St Charles and also a younger looking me at a PBS banquet about 15 years ago.

The late Glen Parker in front of his broadhead collection at the same banquet.

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Ranger58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #432 on: June 03, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »
What an awesome thread!  You all are to be commended!  Thanks for sharing in your history and saving it here.  Sure wish I had all of my family's old photos; but, they were lost in a fire that destroyed my parents home 5 Jan 1990.  Love the old black and whites!  Wish Jack Howard would put some more up, I'm sure he has a bunch that he's holdin on to.  Thanks guys, keep them coming....
L8r
Gary
Stickbows, Sidelocks and Flyrods, anything to make it more of a challenge!

Bear Kodiak 50@28 “the girl”
Palmer Classic w/ 50@28 and 56@27 limbs
58 Kodiak 45@28
Kodiak 59'er 50@28
1958 Pearson Hunter dual shelf 45@28
and my original longbow I used as a kid.

Offline Ranger58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #433 on: June 03, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »
Hey Charlie,
What happened that you surpassed your bandwidth on Photobucket?  I can't see your posted pics.  Anyone have an answer?  Would like to see his pics, too.
Stickbows, Sidelocks and Flyrods, anything to make it more of a challenge!

Bear Kodiak 50@28 “the girl”
Palmer Classic w/ 50@28 and 56@27 limbs
58 Kodiak 45@28
Kodiak 59'er 50@28
1958 Pearson Hunter dual shelf 45@28
and my original longbow I used as a kid.

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #434 on: June 03, 2005, 08:12:00 PM »
Just a scan of an old piece of paper filed away in the scrapbook.  1962 NFAA National shoot.  I'm on the practice butts waiting to start but Dad is walking around BSing with archers carring around this piece of paper and having folks sign it.  I don't know why but glad he did.  If you are young you will recognize a few names.  If you are old you will recognize more.  Right Ron?    :bigsmyl:

I love this country ;-)

Offline Jim Spencer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #435 on: June 03, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »
I just wanted to chime in and say thanks guys,I've really enjoyed this thread....Jim.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #436 on: June 03, 2005, 09:03:00 PM »
Right Van.   That's quite an impressive group of  signatures.    :)  A whos who in 62.   ;)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #437 on: June 04, 2005, 07:10:00 PM »
Here's a picture from the early 1980's taken at Anderson Archery Bowhunters Clinic in Grand Ledge Michigan. The picture was taken by Roger Combs of Bow & Arrow Magazine and was printed in the Magazine.

They had a chronograph set up and a long line of people with compounds waiting to shoot through it. In those days Compounds didn't shoot much over 200 FPS and some didn't even hit 200. I got in line with my longbow. Mine was the only traditional bow  in the line and nobody expected much out of my straight stick.  I had my 104# Big Horn longbow shooting port orford cedar. When my turn came it put three arrows through at 218,220, and 222 FPS. That was better than most of the compounds had done and as I pulled my arrows and walked away a fellow said, "what weight is that bow?" and I replied, " one hundred four pounds" everybody laughed, I supposed because that explained why a longbow outshot so many compounds. Later I wished I had said it was 50#...that would have left them scratching their heads.     :D    

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #438 on: June 04, 2005, 07:18:00 PM »
Another picture of the 104# bow I called "Brute" having fun shooting a 38" "mock" elephant arrow.

Offline Raven

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #439 on: June 04, 2005, 08:12:00 PM »
:eek:    :eek:    :scared:    :scared:    :eek:    :eek:  Big bow and a BIG arrow................Raven

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©