3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Old Duffers were young once.  (Read 43834 times)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Old Duffers were young once.
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2005, 05:51:00 PM »
A picture of my son and I with some of the fur we took one fall. That little boy is a 44 year old man now.    :eek:  

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2005, 05:52:00 PM »
ron i found some howard hill pics thank youuuuuu
ron
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2005, 08:20:00 PM »
and he said, "right click?...how do you right click?" ...  ..  

Ron, that's funny   :scared:      :bigsmyl:  

Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2005, 08:49:00 PM »
Here's a pretty old one.  My Dad shooting indoor Chicago Round.  He was a pretty good target archer.  Just didn't have the time to devote.  Had too many mouths to feed   :D   41# Palomino, Microflite #5's.....

....Van
I love this country ;-)

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2005, 09:16:00 PM »
Van,

I sure hope that was a clip on tie  ;)  I know if I shot my bow that dressed up, the boys would be picking my head up near the target.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2005, 09:41:00 PM »
Van, I shot with your dad at the Howard Hill shoot in Alabama and at the GLLI in Michigan. If I remember right he was left handed   :confused:  Did he switch?
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2005, 09:45:00 PM »
Steve, not a clip on.  Don't know why but grown ups for some reason dressed up for everything back then. (Well, maybe not Ron) It's really strange  :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:  .....Van
I love this country ;-)

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »
Ron, I was wondering if you noticed.  My Dad hunted all his life lefthanded but he was right handed and right eyed. In the late 50's when we got interested in tournament shooting (though he had shot target archery in the 40's) he switched to right hand target bows but continued to shoot lefthanded hunting bows.  I sort of did the same thing but later in life except I was left handed and right eyed.  Some times I put the shooting glove on the wrong hand   :bigsmyl:  

He loved the Howard Hill and GLLI shoots.  I got some pics of y'all there   :wavey:   ....Van
I love this country ;-)

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2005, 11:30:00 PM »
Did a lot of my own dark room work in the day. Here's one I got in the carrier upside down and it makes me look left handed.

Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2005, 11:35:00 PM »
Van,

Thanks for confirming that I'm not losing my memory, not totaly anyway.

Your dad was a real gentleman and I enjoyed talking with him. One time at the GLLI he had a big box of Pearson Deadheads. I liked the Deadheads and had taken a lot of game with them but they were hard to get after they stopped making them. I ask Sterling where he got so many Deadheads. He just smiled and said, "Ben Pearson was a friend of mine."   ;)  Then he gave me a handfull of them.   :D

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2005, 11:40:00 PM »
An old photo of the St. Louis Bowhunters. I think these were the winners after a tournament.
In the group are Tom and Owen Jeffrey.

Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2005, 11:49:00 PM »
Road? Ya mean the frozen creek?
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Online Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2005, 01:56:00 AM »
GREAT PHOTO'S
is my imagination but doesnt Ron look like the original Grizzly Adam..  :bigsmyl:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2005, 07:39:00 AM »
is my imagination but doesnt Ron look like the original Grizzly Adam.   :bigsmyl:  
When the Grizzly Adams show was popular I was long haired and bushy bearded. I got called Grizzly Adams  quite a lot. I don't know what Dan Haggerty looks like today, I wonder if he got fat and grey too?   :bigsmyl:

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2005, 07:56:00 AM »
Here's one from 45 years ago, me with a good mess of Red Horse suckers

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2005, 08:45:00 AM »
Here's one of a weasel... shot a bunch of those little beggars over the years.

Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2005, 08:50:00 AM »
Had to shoot a porcupine...cause I'd seen Fred Bear do it. Killed a couple in those early years. Even skinned one... ONCE!

Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Blue Moose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2005, 09:47:00 AM »
Great thread. One of my regrets is that I didn't do a better job of documenting my hunting life. NOTE TO YOUNG FOLKS: Take pics! 40 years from now they'll be cool like all these;) TM

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2005, 10:30:00 AM »
Charlie, you said you skinned a porky once, did you eat it? If not you should have, they're mighty tasty.

When I was a kid I used to shoot them and my grandma would cook em in the oven. I nailed the skins on the outhouse and dang near had it covered until they made me take em down.   :knothead:

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2005, 10:35:00 AM »
Here's a couple more 1966 and 1959

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©