3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The do everything bow 3d and hunt  (Read 368 times)

Offline kevman37

• Trad Bowhunter
The do everything bow 3d and hunt
« on: December 31, 2007, 04:01:00 PM »
Well...... you know how we are. This year has been has been a great year for horse trading ;however, I have found that my shooting has suffered.I have decided that Habu vyper Kahns are my choice.I currently shoot one and I have one on order. It should be here .....some time with in the next couple of months. My goal is to have two sets of limbs hunting and 3d.I'd like to tune each set up so that the arrow length and speed are the same. The Idea is that what ever you 3d with has the same sight picture/cast and visa versa.I prefer 50 to 53 ish for hunting.How much weight would you drop for your 3d set up.Some say shoot what you hunt with ,but for wear and tear issues "the 300 + arrow days" I'm considering dropping some Lbs. I just don't know how much most people drop.I'm guessing 5 pounds or so.Just looking for some of your opinions.

Kevin

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The do everything bow 3d and hunt
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 05:26:00 PM »
Kevin, I do that with most of my bows and can get them all around 190fps. with different spined carbons and adjusting point weight, some arrows are 9gpp and some are 8gpp but roughly the same speed. I would drop around 8-10#s from  the 53#s. I notice that 5#s does not make much of a difference in terms of shooting a lot of arrows, but 8 to 10 does. You should be able to shoot a light carbon like the carbonwood 2000 out of that 43-45# Habu with around 175 up front depending on arrow length and get 8gpp and that would be a smokin' arrow out of that bow. Shawn
Shawn

Offline kevman37

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The do everything bow 3d and hunt
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 03:38:00 PM »
Thanks Shawn it will take a little tuning ,but I feel it's the best way to practice year round. I'll look at the carbon wood arrows. I'm currently shooting the Beman mfx 500 full length with  175 up front  47 @ 27" limbs .I pull 47 on the nose.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©