INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: New Custom Knife Sheath Combos  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
New Custom Knife Sheath Combos
« on: February 05, 2011, 10:51:00 PM »
Well I finally have some ready to show! I had Terry Knipshield a knife maker for 30 years make some knives to my specs. Terry is from Rochester MN and he builds some very nice knives his fit and finish is at the top! I am serious these knives are some thing if you know Dozier Knives and the quality behind them I would have to say Terry's are just a little nicer. After receiving the knives I built a custom sheath to go around it. These sheaths are built for these knives and they balance perfectly. No more nice knife generic sheath this is the total custom package! This sheath is a horizontal cross draw type. The benefit of this sheath is it is never in the way and very easy to take out and put up.
  The knife specs are as follows. Over all length is 7" blade 3 1/2". Micarta handle with birds beak, nickle bolster and stainless lanyard hole. Blade is high carbon stainless CPM 154 CM  with a Rockwell between 59 and 61. The advantage of this steel is it takes an edge well and holds it! It also takes a very fine finish. I have disassembled a couple elk with just this knife and never really had to touch the blade!
  The sheaths are made from 8/9 oz Herman Oak saddle skirting. There is a full welt to protect stitching. They are oiled to depth of color with pure olive oil. They are then antiqued and finished with a satin lacquer. They are form fitted and provide an excellent friction fit to the knife. The only way you will lose your knife is if you don't stick it back in the sheath!
  I will tell you a little about why I use and prefer this knife. First I carry a knife every day. I want it big enough to do a job, do it safely, but not be in the way. The knife I carry has to do many things well. There are knives designed to do certain things well such as skinners, boning and capers but fail at doing multiple tasks well. When guiding I have to do all these things and I refuse to carry a barrage of knives. This blade has enough belly for skinning it is slender enough for boning and severing joints it has a precise point for accurate cuts such as in capping. It has the back bone to cut through heavy rope.
 The sheath design aids in making this knife complete. With this type of sheath your knife all but disappears you will forget your wearing it. No more adjusting your knife when getting in the truck or sitting any where for that matter. If you spend a lot of time a horseback as I do it's out of the way until needed. It's by far easier to extract and put up than any design I have ever used there is no awkwardness about it!
 I have two knives ready to go, one with black micarta and the other natural canvas. The sheath options are plain or stamped (basket shown and geometric). Prices are starting out at $265.00 plain and $290.00 stamped. Shipping and pay pal extra. I will be getting more but as for all hand made things they take time. If you have something different in mind for handle color or if you want wood contact me. The micarta comes in all the earth tones and we can get some nice woods. If there is something special in the sheath you want we can talk about it. I am finding it easier to talk on the phone when trying to discuss special wants. It's just faster on the phone than emailing. My phone number is 307 587 9979 if you get the answering machine it will say Wyoming Wildlife Artistry.
  My arm guards are doing well people are seeing and feeling the difference. Thanks to all who have purchased one. Now here are the pics of the custom knife sheath combos. I can also make a belt to match. I am exited to here what you think. Thanks Scott.

Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings
Honesty is something you cant wear out. Waylon Jennings

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Custom Knife Sheath Combos
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 09:46:00 AM »
Both knives are still for sale! The sheaths are getting a lot of attention! I have had several orders for sheaths and just wanted to say I can build you one for your favorite knive. Some knives dont lend themselves to this type of sheath but we can talk opptions if you are intrested. For most knives I can build a plain sheath for $100.00 and tooled for $125.00.

Thanks Scott
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »
I want to get some of these combos out there so you guys can see how nice they are. I am willing to take off $30.00! Heres the deal if you get it and don't like it send it back I will refund you as long as it is in unused condition. If you do decide to keep it I just ask for a little feed back so other Trad Gangers can get a feel for what my products are.

Thanks Scott

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 08:24:00 PM »
These knives need a home.

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 09:11:00 PM »
ttt

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »
ttt

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 06:27:00 PM »
These knifes are sold. But we can take custom orders!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©