3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Attn Carbon Shooters  (Read 412 times)

Offline waiting4fall

• Trad Bowhunter
Attn Carbon Shooters
« on: January 01, 2008, 07:32:00 PM »
Check This Out!!!!  

What do you think?

Offline carlr2s

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Attn Carbon Shooters
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 07:38:00 PM »
Well they shouldn't break, but they're too stiff for me.

Offline penetrator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »
yea,should be tough,but i agree with carlr2s.a little too stiff.

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »
Don't shoot vanes
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 09:23:00 PM »
not available is 150
John

Offline dan ferguson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 10:56:00 PM »
I recieved fishing rods from fenwick built from this product, very lightweight and was supposed to be tough, I totally destroyed 3 of these rods on hooksets, I quit using these rods because when they broke they went all to heck and about put my eye out. Hope the arrows are better, CAUTION

Offline cajuntec

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 11:25:00 PM »
Yep, I know exactly where Dan Ferguson is coming from.  As an avid bass fisherman, I've used a few rods of a different brand than the one he mentioned that had Aramid fibers for "strength".  The following year, that same series of rod was "sans Aramid fibers".... with no explanation given.  Wonder why?    :rolleyes:  

I too, think they need a lighter spine if they are going to get more of the trad crowd in on these.

I've heard tons of good things about Carbon Express Heritage arrows for traditional shooters, but I've never been a huge Carbon Express fan - although I have yet to try the Heritage (this year I'm going to).  The ones I had were the CX series.  I used to split nock ends all the time on those arrows, on two different spine weights that were actually the right fit for my bows.  Then, shortly after that timeframe, Carbon Express comes out with that "Bulldog Nock Collar".  It's almost like they know they have a problem, but instead of fixing the problem, they put a band-aid on it (the Bulldog Nock Collar).  I may be totally off base with this, and I am not trying to offend any Carbon Express fans, so please do not take it that way - but I fail to see the purpose of that nock collar if the carbon was strong enough.  Nobody else requires it on their shafts - why does Carbon Express?

I bring that up, because that nock collar is on these new arrows.

All the best,
Glenn
If at first you don't succeed.... buy newer / better equipment!

Greywolf Custom Longbow  
Chek-Mate Custom Hunter 56 Recurve

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 09:18:00 AM »
Originally posted by cajuntec:
I used to split nock ends all the time on those arrows, on two different spine weights that were actually the right fit for my bows.  Then, shortly after that timeframe, Carbon Express comes out with that "Bulldog Nock Collar".  It's almost like they know they have a problem, but instead of fixing the problem, they put a band-aid on it (the Bulldog Nock Collar).  I may be totally off base with this, and I am not trying to offend any Carbon Express fans, so please do not take it that way - but I fail to see the purpose of that nock collar if the carbon was strong enough.  Nobody else requires it on their shafts - why does Carbon Express?

I bring that up, because that nock collar is on these new arrows.

All the best,
Glenn
Glenn, no offense...a CE fan here. I split the nocks on any carbon I've ever tried, CE Terminator hunters the least though so to me they are the toughest shaft made. Sadly, no long made (but I'm always looking for them!).

Curious to see if the bulldog collar will make their rebel hunter shafts even more durable than they already are.

As far as the new aramid shafts...have you guys seen the prices for them? And at their very light weights and lower spines, not usable out of many of my bows....I'll pass.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©