INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: A few knives for sale  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
A few knives for sale
« on: May 23, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »
Thinning out the collection to make room for more. These were all made by my father and have been in a case or drawer since they were finished.  They've been sharpened, but I haven't cut anything with them and I don't think Dad did before giving them to me.

A bunch of people on TradGang have knives my father has made over the years and they're all holding up great.  The knife he made me 17(18?) years ago is still going strong and has seen more abuse than I care to remember.

Prices include shipping and the pictured sheath.  If you'd like to dress one up with a nice beaded sheath just let me know and I'll get a few designs drawn up for you.

$80 shipped for this nice little hidden tang knife.  Looks like paduak center with maple slabs; brass guard, pins and lanyard tube with fiber spacers. 3" cutting edge, 7-1/2" OAL
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A few knives for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 01:46:00 PM »

Full tang with curly eucalyptus slabs, curly birch dovetailed up front and a mosaic pin adding to the other brass pins.  Filework on the spine.

3" cutting edge, 7-3/4" OAL

sold
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 01:55:00 PM »

I like this stout little hand forged knife.  Whitetail, nickel silver and fiber with a mosaic pin backing up a blade that was etched after the final polish to give it a nice patina.  It was clay coated during the quench to differentially harden it, but there's not huge difference to how it responded to the etchant.  Polishing it further would highlight the difference, but I like it how it is    :)  

3" blade, 7" OAL

$100 shipped

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »

A nice smaller bowie with a leopard wood and antler handle, steel guard with fiber spacers and filework on the spine.  The sheath is a bit fancier than Dad's earlier work too. 4-1/4" blade, 7-1/2" OAL

SOLD

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »
#2 is SPF

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »
#2 and #4 are SOLD

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 08:17:00 AM »
#1 and #3 are still for sale

and

you can knock $10 off as a Father's Day special  :D

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 11:36:00 AM »
ttt

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 09:22:00 PM »
#3 is sold.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©