INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bamboo Backed Ipe Bow Blanks For Sale  (Read 858 times)

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
Bamboo Backed Ipe Bow Blanks For Sale
« on: July 26, 2011, 12:50:00 PM »
62" Bamboo Backed Ipe Bow Blanks with Osage handle blank. You choose what length you want and I'll do it for you. The one pictured has a rosewood lam in the center, but future blanks will be straight Osage one piece handle unless other arrangements have been made. Total handle thickness from the bamboo backing to the belly of the osage handle is 1 1/2" and length tapers from 5 1/2" to 9" long at the fades.

Ipe dimensions are 3/8" thick throughout, 1 1/4" wide at handle, tapering down to 1" wide 9" from center toward the tip, then tapering down to 3/4" wide 19" from center, then finally tapering down to 3/8" wide at the tip.

I can make these up to 66" long and any thickness you want up to 7/16" at the thickest. Bamboo backing is approximately 1/16" thick throughout.
The only thing I can't do yet is belly taper, I'll leave that up to the buyer.

No riser shelf, no tillering, or any other finish work has been done other than what you see in the pics. Buyer does all tillering and finish work.
This will allow you to make a straight handle shoot off the knuckle type long bow, or cut in an arrow shelf for a more modern style bow.

I can add reflex if you desire or a straight profile. Blanks are made to buyer's specs after the order is placed, full payment expected before the blank is completed.
The one pictured may be for sale if anyone is interested. I am only going to make a few of these for now until I see how much interest there is in them.

I may also be offering some Bamboo backed osage blanks in the future as well.

BBI bow blanks are $125 as pictured or $100 straight Bamboo/Ipe without handle, please PM or email me with questions or placing an order.
Email address: [email protected]

~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©