3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Quinn Stallion... very cool  (Read 618 times)

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
Quinn Stallion... very cool
« on: January 02, 2008, 06:45:00 PM »
I just received my 'new to me' Quinn Stallion. 50#@28", 60" AMO. What a bow. She's plain and black and shoots like who'da known it. I've never shot so well with a new bow. I've been wanting to try one of these bows, just to see what their all about, and when this one came up on the classifieds I jumped. The best money I've spent in a long time. There is enough mass to the riser to stabilize it real well. Pulls smooth to my 28" and easily shoots with my bows costing three times as much. If you can get past the fact that you don't have all those pretty veneers to look at while on a stand this would make most anybody a real nice hunting bow. I will replace the string as recommended by the original owner which might give a few more fps but either way you would not go wrong owning a Quinn.
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Offline Shape Shifter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quinn Stallion... very cool
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »
Quinn's bows are dollar for dollar one of the best buys out there. I have a Quinn's Longhorn Classic Takedown Recurve with diamond back skins that I put on and it has been my favorite bow for sometime now.
"Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit"

Offline Joe Russell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 07:12:00 PM »
I agree, just received my quinn stallion 45@ 28
and it shoots great.

Offline pseman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 09:07:00 PM »
I got one about a week before Christmas and love it. It is 45@28 so about 48# at my 29" draw and is very smooth. The grip is a perfect fit and I immediately saw improvement in my arrow groupings. It shoots Beman mfx 500's or Axis 500's very fast and was the easiest bow to tune that I've ever owned. It literally took me about 2 minutes to tune the bow to shoot. I plan putting a camo job on mine soon and it will be hard to beat as a hunting or 3D bow.

I agree, best $200 bucks I've spent on a bow, ever.
Mark Thornton

It doesn't matter how or what you shoot, as long as you hit your target.

Offline RodL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 09:24:00 PM »
I own one as well, got one of the Stallion classics last year for Christmas. 45lb @ 28". First recurve I've ever owned so I can't compare it to anything but at this point I don't really need to because it shoots so well. I shoot off the shelf with 3555 goldtips and razorcaps. I have one question for you stallion guys, have any of you tried an elevated rest? If so, which one? I don't mind shooting off the shelf but I'm just curious to see what everyone is using. Great bow at an unbelievable price!!

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 10:06:00 PM »
Shooting mine off the shelf. Like has been said, tuning was a non-issue. Just set the nock 1/2" high and it was straight as well, er, an arrow. I was thinking of putting some skin-eez on mine but now I don't know. It has it's own simple beauty. But it does beg to be customized, painting is out for me, I goof up everything with paint. I have searched and found a few nice custom jobs though.

Offline pseman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 12:20:00 AM »
RodL, just get you a Bear weatherest or similar stick-on rest. They work very well and are only $3-4 each. Just stick it on, adjust your nock set and give it a try. Alot of people that I have talked to shoot an elevated rest on their Quinn. I am shooting mine off the shelf and can't imagine any better arrow flight. You can more easily shoot vanes if you have an elevated rest however, if this is something that interests you.
Mark Thornton

It doesn't matter how or what you shoot, as long as you hit your target.

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 11:31:00 AM »
Skin-eez are a piece of cake to put on...add some of Franks antler limb bolts  :thumbsup:  and it dresses up one of the best values in trad bows out there.

"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Offline Ia Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 01:52:00 PM »
I've been shooting a Quinn Stallion for over two years now. I've been shooting bows for 50 years and have owned many top line exspensive bows, and the Quinn shoots as good or better than most.
I could buy any bow I want, but have not found one (even at 3 times the price) that shoots better  then a Quinn !)

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 02:59:00 PM »
Yohon - Sweeet...
I may give the skin-eez a try soon. My wife doesn't think it would look good. I'll show her your pictures. I bet she'll change her mind.

I had my heart set on another custom bow before purchasing the Quinn. Somehow I'm just not as enthused anymore. Could it be fear that I won't like the custom as well?

Mine is shooting so well off the shelf that I'd hate to fool with a rest. Although this could make a heck of an inclement weather bow if you stuck one on and used vanes.

Offline LocDoc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 08:00:00 PM »
Performance wise, is there any difference between the Stallion and Stallion Classic?
'Aim small. Miss small.'

Offline bwillhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 08:51:00 PM »
Who sells the quinn bows?  do they have a web site?

Offline JSimon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 09:07:00 PM »
I also shoot a Quinn Stallion and love it. I use a Bear Weatherest on mine and I also gave it a paint job that you might be able to see in my avatar. I shoot feathers off of the rest, but I would like to experiment with plastic vanes this year. Their website is:

http://www.quinnsarchery.com/quinn\\'s_archery_001.htm

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 10:22:00 PM »
One of the sponsors here sells them:
 http://git-r-donearchery.com/quinnbows.htm

LocDoc, I don't think they have any performance difference or if there is it must be very small because I've never seen it mentioned. I know the bubinga would be nice but for the money I like the black glass. It seems to go with the theme of the metal riser (for me anyway). I was told by the former owner of my bow that performance would be enhanced by a new string. I believe him because I think this is an eighteen strand on it now. I tell you though, it is quiet and dead in the hand as it is.

Offline cajunbowhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 12:50:00 AM »
I've tried a bunch.You won't find a better bow for twice the price.

CB
"Forget your lust for the rich mans gold all that you need is in your soul...Find a woman and you'll find love and don't forget son,there is someone up above...Ronnie Van Zant "simple man"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©