3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: In need of turkey feathers  (Read 1187 times)

Offline BKA

• Trad Bowhunter
In need of turkey feathers
« on: January 31, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »
Hey Gang,

I don't post much and don't know under what topic to put this, but here it goes. If anyone out there (and some of you are way out there)LOL.
have any covert turkey tail feathers that you want to get rid of,(The shorter ones in front of the main tail feathers) I need them. How is this archery related? Well the feathers are to be painted and used as awards for the 2007 ATAR shoot. I receive many tail feathers after each spring season, but I am running low and need to start now because of the time it takes to paint each one. To those that have been to the shoot you know what I mean. If I where computer savy. I whould post a pic. I think Bernie posted some on another thread but I don't know where. Anyone that has won one might help out by posting a pic of thiers for everyone to see what I'm bableing about. If you can It would and will be greatly appeciated.

Thanks in advance to the greatest bunch of people in cyber space.

Brian K Aliff

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: In need of turkey feathers
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 08:30:00 AM »
Brian if you can't get any check out Custom Feathers. They will probably have what you want and are very nice people to deal with. Jack
 http://www.customfeathers.com/contact.htm
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Offline Art B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 11:50:00 AM »
Hi Brian, thought I would help you out with a picture. Good cause here folks, and as you can see, Brian's quite the artist. I'll check my stock too, but I usually don't keep the smaller ones. Will check Jeff's stock also and get back with you. This particular feather in the pic measures 8 1/2", should give you all something to go by. -ART B

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »
Brian,

I have a bunch in my shop,let me look and see what I have that may be useful to you.
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Offline tpoof

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 03:30:00 PM »
You paint that on the feather itself!!

Wow! Thats a first for me! I've never seen anything like it! Very impressive I must add!

You must have to size the back of it with something to be able to paint those barbels like that, without splitting the feather,,,,, again

Wow! very nice,,, :)

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 06:26:00 PM »
Checked my stash.....unfortunately all mine are wing feathers and the primary tail feathers,no secondary tail feathers at all.They're yours if you want them anyway,just let me know.
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Offline Art B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 07:15:00 PM »
Same here Brian, all primary tail feathers for fletching. Jeff says he only has one fan intact, all others are primaries. Will keep checking though. How many you going to need? -ART B.

Offline BKA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 08:58:00 PM »
Thanks for looking around for me gang. I got a few from a man this morning, not enough to do all 34 awards,but plenty to get started and still fill my orders until this turkey seasons stock trickle in.

Art B, looks like your not so primitive after all You can post a pic on these contraptions.
P.S. keep the small ones this year.

Jack , thanks for the web contact. I seldom buy feathers I just try to breath new life in to those that are going to be thrown away anyway.

Tpoof, no sizeing, all natural. The paint will stiffen them as you paint but you start with a light touch and chase them a bit in the beginning.

Brian K Aliff

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 09:17:00 PM »
I have a full fan in the basement. It's yours if you want it. Just let me know.
Bob Lee Hunter Recurve 55# @ 29''

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »
Senidng ya 6 in the mail tomorrow..Hope it helps.
Jim
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline Adam S. Daugherty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 12:09:00 PM »
Brain,

Sent you a message.

Later

Offline BKA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »
Thanks a bunch twosheds if you want to get shed of it (pun intended), But gang don't take any thing Your displaying or keeping as a trophy etc, I'm not in dire need. With the ones I got yesterday and Kingstken sending some I can get started, and thats all I was really after.

Adam got your mail and returned.

Thanks again,
Brian K Aliff

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©