INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Two Tracks Wool. In time for Christmas.  (Read 1095 times)

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
Two Tracks Wool. In time for Christmas.
« on: December 13, 2013, 09:45:00 AM »
I told my wife that my Camp vest and my Headband have been saving my bacon out in the field these past few weeks.
She said "Well, Lets offer them at a sale price. In time for Christmas"
So,

You can now save on these two items, they are in stock and ready to ship.
We have plenty of HeadBands but only two XL camp vests. So if you ever wanted a great wool vest, now is the time.

http://www.twotracksbow.com/store/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=175

With a few threads going on wool right now it got me to thinking about what I do and why I do it.

I LOVE my LongHunter vest. It is my got to hunting garment for warmth AND stealth. With the large pockets, it also helps me carry my gear.(The pockets on the Camp vest are a tad smaller but can still serve as a place to store things and keep your hands warm).
The Longhunter stays on as the outside layer unless I toss a rain coat over it. Sweater(s) are my under layers.
I will most of the time wear my Camp vest under a jacket. This keeps my core about as warm as can be imagined. I also noticed that if I do wear anything over top of my Longhunter, I will start to cook with little effort.
Our felt is thick and soft and builds a lofty layer of insulation between your body and the cold. In addition, the nature of the felts construction will make it inherently more wind resistant than a woven fabric, and softer to the skin as well.
All in all I think that the closer the wool is to your skin the better it will work for you. That is from over 25yrs of wearing wool and over 10yrs of making and wearing wool felt. I love it.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©