3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: R Zwickey 4-blade bleeders sharpenable?  (Read 305 times)

Offline Labs4me

• Trad Bowhunter
R Zwickey 4-blade bleeders sharpenable?
« on: January 03, 2008, 07:43:00 PM »
Gang:

Over the years I've bounced back and forth between shooting Magnus and Zwickey 2-blades. The past couple years I've been hunting with Woodsmans. This year I'm thinking of giving Zwickey 4-blades a try for a  fall bear hunt. Here's my question: Is it possible to re-sharpen the bleeder blades on Zwickeys? If so, is it difficult to get the bleeders hunting SHARP.

'lil :help please!
"You must not only aim right, but draw the bow with all your might." - Henry David Thoreau (Before the advent of compound bows with 85% letoff)

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: R Zwickey 4-blade bleeders sharpenable?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 07:53:00 PM »
Hey Labs4me..go back to the Main Forums and find the "How to -resources". Go down until you find  Terry Green's video clip showing ya how to do it!
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline Emmons

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 08:22:00 PM »
Also in the how section I have a how to using a lansky sharpener.  If you are shooting wood arrow you need to dismount them and mount onto a broadhead adapter, sharpen then remount on your woods.  The bleeders are much easier to sharpen then the main blades. Terry's how to works great also.  I use the lansky because I have a tuff time getting the main blade sharp with a file, but I can get the bleeders really sharp, really quick using a file.

James

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 09:01:00 PM »
Yes, the bleeders are easy to sharpen. Like SuperK said, Terry has a great tutorial on the How-To section.

Offline Labs4me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 09:08:00 PM »
This site is su-preme. Ask, and ye shall be schooled...

Thanks,

Labs
"You must not only aim right, but draw the bow with all your might." - Henry David Thoreau (Before the advent of compound bows with 85% letoff)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©