3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Vintage Bows- shoot or not to shoot?  (Read 809 times)

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Vintage Bows- shoot or not to shoot?
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2008, 05:50:00 PM »
That was a hypathicale story...Good griff if I were to have broken that bow I would still be hiding out somewhere in Brazial.Just wanted to make a point about stringing some old bows.Sorry if I scared ya.(The insurence on that one is more then I make a year)I got that same pic 3" X 5" hanging above my work bench with my kids and grandkids pics.I look at it everyday.Just touching that bows was bouts good enough for the old doc.Ya gotta love it huh??? the days of wooden bows and iron men...... bd

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 06:52:00 PM »
Scared me - yeah! I felt instantly sorry for the bow, me, and the rest of the world (not you - if you were guilty   ;)   ) when I read your post ... Ufff! Better so!   :D     :D     :D  

And of course - being able to touch "Simba Blood" would be a real feat (?word) for me.
Thanks Don, for explaining ... lucky man!  :notworthy:

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2008, 07:02:00 PM »
I can't do it, I have a longbow my grandmother shot in highschool in the 40's still with  original string and I can't bring myself to pull it to full draw for fear of it breaking.
Bob Lee Hunter Recurve 55# @ 29''

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©