3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tiller Tree  (Read 302 times)

Offline Thaihunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Tiller Tree
« on: January 04, 2008, 12:32:00 PM »
Anyone have a good plan for one?  Thanks in advance.

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tiller Tree
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 12:34:00 PM »
Check the "how to" section,there's a plan for one there.
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 05:16:00 PM »
There's one on my site. The one I use is portable. All you need is some wall space. Make the shelf for the bow at eye level. Attach a pulley below the shelf -about 3 ft or so below. A stout string attaches to the bow with a clip of some sort, runs through the pulley and is held in your hand. You can make a loop to hold. You can attach a spring scale to the loop. I use  Hanson Hand held scale. The weight registers and stays. See Bow Making Directions on my site. Jawge
 http://mysite.verizon.net/georgeandjoni/archer.html

Offline Thaihunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 08:11:00 AM »
Thank you to both

Offline threeundr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 09:01:00 AM »
Joe, I have a friend named Sam Harper. He has a great website for beginning boyers. Here is his web address:  http://www.geocities.com/salampsio/index.html  
If you scroll down to the place that says: Red Oak board bow build along and click that. Then go to page 6 and it will give you instructions on building a tillering tree. I just built one a little over a week ago. There are many good resourses and links on Sam's web page. Best of of luck with your endeavors.

-Leonard-
-Leonard-

Offline Glenn Newell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 03:24:00 PM »
Thaihunter, when you make a tiller tree it's best to make one that holds the bow where your hand will be on the bow and most importantly the string is drawn from the same position where you will draw the bow from. I don't like tiller sticks as the bow is placed centre of the stick  and pulled down from the centre of the tiller stick, which defeats the purpose because when you draw the bow from your normal shooting position which will be different because it is not physical possible to shoot a bow from that position you will pull the bow out of tiller straight away.
The tiller tree will allow to replicate the bow hand position and the drawing position and see the true tiller of the bow when you draw it...Glenn...

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 05:46:00 PM »
Here's some plans Tim Flood made.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©