3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: PSE Radial X Weave STL Hunter Shafts  (Read 339 times)

Offline ks_stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
PSE Radial X Weave STL Hunter Shafts
« on: January 04, 2008, 09:12:00 PM »
Anybody ever shoot these? My girlfriend got me a dozen of these shafts for christmas, and will be bringing them down with her this weekend when she come for a visit.

She bought me the STL Hunters in 200 spine. No idea how PSE spines thier arrows. I want to make up some front loaded arrows...anyone know the inside diamiter?

So anyone know about these?

Offline Stringdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: PSE Radial X Weave STL Hunter Shafts
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 06:06:00 AM »
I was shooting those arrows out of my 50# Kota longbow.  You will need to keep them full length, and add 175gr up front to start.  What is your draw length, and weight?  I draw 27, so I was pull ing 47# shooting full length with the 175 up front.  They flew perfect, and bare shafts hit exactly with my fletched.  I will admit they were not the most durable arrows, and on the light side I delieve 6.7gpi.  If you have any qusetions when you start to tune them feel free to PM me, and I will do my best to help.  Oh I'm not sure what the inside diameter is.

SD
" FEAR THE MAN WITH ONE BOW "

Offline Gehrke145

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »
Ive shot them and didnt have any problems with breaking shafts and Im hard on arrows.  They are a little on the light side though

Offline ks_stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 04:27:00 PM »
my draw is 26.5 and usualy keep my arrows around 27.5" to 28". I'd like to get some weight tubes, and some 100gr brass inserts. I think that would make a pretty nice heavy [enough] arrow.

I will be shooting it from a widow (cut past center) at ~43 lbs.

I'm hoping the wight tubes will increas the weight and the spine enough to cover the extra 100 grain up front.

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 06:55:00 PM »
I got a couple about 2 years ago and like them. The 200 is 3555 I think, that is what I was told when I bought them to try.

I had them cut at 29.5" and used the standed insert, don't remember what they weighed, I think in the low 400gr. with 175gr field point.

I shot them with a 56lb recurve at 29" draw.

Alan

Offline ks_stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »
If the 200 spines same as the 3555 that would be perfect...I;ve already got that formula!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©