3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Old Bear VS New Bear  (Read 897 times)

Offline Pasty Face

• Trad Bowhunter
Old Bear VS New Bear
« on: February 01, 2007, 08:05:00 AM »
How do the new bear bows compare to the old ones. I have a 70s bear griz and I have to say it is a sweet bow, are the new ones as good?

Offline jeff w

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Old Bear VS New Bear
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »
From what I have read, there seems to be differing opinions on this.   I have shot the old and new Super Kodiaks and the Takedowns.  I thought the newer bows shot as well as the older ones, maybe even a little better.  Considering the price of just about all decent bows, I think the new ones are a pretty good buy, even though I know some will complain about the expense of the TD compared to custom bows.   That being said, I still like the Grayling Bears for looks and sentimental reasons, and as long as I can buy a SK, Kodiak Hunter or TD for less than the new models that is the way I like to go.

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 09:13:00 AM »
I have shot Bear bows for years and mostly Super Kodiaks. I have owned both Gainsville & Grayling bows and as much as I like the old Grayling bows the newer Gainsville bows are much faster and smoother, of course that is my opinion  :D
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline bowdude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 04:52:00 PM »
My 55# Super Kodiak commemoritive shoots identical (within my abilities!) to my 54# Check mate Falcon Deluxe.

Offline Pasty Face

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 08:44:00 AM »
Thanks for the info guys

Offline Robert Honaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 01:49:00 PM »
If you drwa past 28,don't get the cheyenne or super kodiak.I owna Super Kodiak and it stacks like crazy over 28in.Owned a Cheyenne,smooth hard shooter,but broke the upper limb at the fade out.55in bow/29in draw=busted

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©