INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Canon HV10 anyone use one  (Read 1272 times)

Offline wifishkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
Canon HV10 anyone use one
« on: November 30, 2006, 03:43:00 PM »
Anyone use this camcorder. It looks like it would be small enought to have in my pack all the time. does it have professional quality footage?

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Canon HV10 anyone use one
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 08:05:00 PM »
Adam,

I'm gonna move this one to the Photography Q&A Forum....there's a few guys that check in there regularly.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Chris O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 01:39:00 AM »
I sell them at best buy. I'm not a big fan of its shape or feel and i'll take a closer look tomorrow but I don't think it has a shoe for a light or an HDMI output. Other than that it seems like an excellent camera. I've had several customers who were very pleased with them. Personally I like the sony HC3 a little bit better.

Offline Chris O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 01:04:00 PM »
tsk tsk no HDMI output. I am upset with cannon about this.

Offline Tom Mussatto

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 11:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by Chris O:
I don't think it has an HDMI output.
It would depend what your destination is going to be whether this would be a problem. If all you want to do is view your HD video by hooking your cam directly to your HDTV then you need this output.

If you plan on putting the video on DVD, VHS tape, or use on the web, you have to downrezz the video to SD. Present DVD technology is standard definition. By the time you transcode the HD from a consumer cam to SD from a 3 chip cam you really gain nothing in resolution or picture quality.

SD will be around a long time yet and we are still 2 or 3 years (or more) away from HD being practical for consumers. Unless you plan to broadcast you really have no where to go with HD right now and it's an editing nightmare. The same money will get you a lot more cam right now in SD than presnt day first generation HD. HDV, the format used in the Canon, is highly compressed MPEG codec and is already being superceded by solid state aquisition P2 and AVCHD. In 2 or 3 years when HD is more practical, the cams will be better and cheaper, and most likely be solid state aquisition rather than unreliable tape. Panasonic already has the jump on this with their P2 aquisition and after the first of the year AVCHD. Editing suites for HD will also be better and less expensive in a couple years.

For the same money or less than the Canon you can get a very nice 3 CCD SD cam with more useable features.
Tom Mussatto

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©