INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Canon Powershot A640  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
Canon Powershot A640
« on: March 30, 2007, 05:51:00 PM »
Hello all,

I'm looking for a pocket point-n-shoot digital.  The Powershot A640 looks like a decent contender.  Anybody have any experience with it?  Pro? Con?  Durability?  Ease of use? Image quality? Other better choices in comparable price bracket ($300)?

Thank you for any feedback.
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Offline kojac

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Canon Powershot A640
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 10:25:00 PM »
I would recomend the Canon Powershot A710 7.1 MP compact. It's the same basic camera as the a640 with a few extras. the a710 is a 6x zoom with optical IS, (If i remember right the a640 does have a bigger zoom).  

take a look at your options and go with what ya like best. I bought mine last month on amazon.com for $345 witch included a printer/xtra ink/case/rechargable aa-batts/more memory/and shipping.

good luck
Brian

"Hunting...is about the Sights, Sounds, Smells, and  the Hunted...All the hunter has to do is show up"

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Canon Powershot A640
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 11:25:00 PM »
Thanks Brian - good suggestion.

It looks like the trade-off/differences are: a 6x optical zoom,image stabilization, and 7.1 megapixels  or  a 4x optical zoom, no stabilization, and 10 megapixels.  The 710 is a few grams lighter as well.

Between these two then, is the OIS and additional 2x worth trading 3 megapix?  I'll look into that.

Thanks again
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©