3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Muzzy Phatoms  (Read 216 times)

Offline stuckum

• Trad Bowhunter
Muzzy Phatoms
« on: January 05, 2008, 09:40:00 PM »
What do you think off them. Pro's/Con's ???

Offline bm22

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Muzzy Phatoms
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 10:03:00 PM »
if you hit it in the right spot it wont matter what you shoot. the phantoms are just to big for my tastes, i hit a pig in the shoulder and it stopped it cold, i have had stingers and grizzly's cut threw like a hot knife threw butter.

my good friend loves them, he has shot quite a few critters with them, they sharpen up good. and make a great hole. but it takes alot it push a phantom threw an animal even threw the ribs.

blood trails on them seem to depend on the animal, he shot a buck and cut all the arrteries above the heart an double lunged the buck and it barely left any blood, the he shot another buck high threw the lungs and ray charles could have followed the trail.

i think it is a good well built head but there are better out there. jmo

Offline stuckum

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 10:08:00 PM »
bm22 When you say "To Big" what are you referring to? The length or the width? Thanks

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 10:14:00 PM »
I have killed a few deer and pigs with them and also a Turkey. I did not get pass throughs on all the pigs but at the time I was shooting a 49lb longbow. I did get very good blood trails. I would recommend them to anyone shooting 45lbs and up with good arrow weight.RC

Offline bm22

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 11:28:00 PM »
well i like a 3 to 1 broadhead or something similar. on the phantoms the 1 in. bleeder blade is the same with as the main blade. therefor in my opinion you have a 1 to 1 broadhead, which leaves for poor penetration, and poor penetration is what i have seen alot with the broadheads, now what do i know, fred eichler, mike palmer and a bunch of other people better than i am swear by them.

like a said before they are a strong well built head, and i think if you want a 2 blade head they are great, but if you put the bleeders on they are just too big and need to much energy to push a head like that threw an animal. my buddy that shot the deer in the ribs " heart" and lungs the deer ran off with the arrow, yes it made 2 holes but i like to go pick my arrow's up of the ground, and that was just the ribs that were hit.
again jmo you may love them.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 09:53:00 AM »
My wife shoots four blade Phantoms out of her 45# bow and gets pass thrus on deer and bear. Although I have taken a liking to the Razorcaps I still use Phantoms and consider them one of the best penetrating heads out there.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline aYak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 11:32:00 AM »
This year using a 48# Kodiak Hunter with a 220g 4-blade Phantom, got about the best blood trail on a deer that I have ever had, with ANY broadhead, with ANY style of bow. Arrow was still in the deer (BH hanging out the opposite side) when I found it.  Still though, it's all about shot placement.  
**O**H**!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline dagwood64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 01:03:00 PM »
I have shot them and they shoot great and straight with my Beman Max-4 Hunters. They are sharp (passed the rubber band test) and look like they will do the job. But I am going to wood arrows, so I have 3 packs (3 in a pack) of 220gr Phantoms, 2 packs unused and 1 pack used for practice (that can be resharpened) that I am selling $45 TYD CONUS (they sell for @ $23 a pack).
DEER THE OTHER RED MEAT!

62" Sasquatch T/D Hybrid 47@28
64" Sasquatch T/D Static Tip RC 50@28
64" Flatliner Stealth 45@29
64" Thunderstick III 55@29, for now.
60" Big Rock Black Hunter 35/40@28 (Daughter's)

Sirach 2:1-11

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 06:28:00 PM »
I shot two deer with them this year and love them :0)
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©