3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Broadhead Pro & CC Knife/BH Sharpener  (Read 328 times)

Offline Labs4me

• Trad Bowhunter
Broadhead Pro & CC Knife/BH Sharpener
« on: January 06, 2008, 07:23:00 AM »
In my never ending quest to find the worlds most effective knife/broadhead sharpener, I stumbled across a couple new ones (new to me anyway). One is called the "CC Knife/Broadhead Sharpener" and is sold through Three-Rivers. The other is called the "Broadhead Pro" and is offered through Alaska Bowhunting Supply. Both appear to be of the same design using carbide blades and may in fact just be the same tool, but marketed under different names. BOTH claim to be effective at putting a razor sharp edge on any head including Wensel Woodsmans. Does anyone have any experience using either one of these products? My inability   :banghead:   to CONSISTENTLY put a razor sharp edge on my Woodsmans has me contemplating going back to 2-blade broadheads which I have no trouble putting a scary-sharp edge on  by finishing them off with an Accusharp.
"You must not only aim right, but draw the bow with all your might." - Henry David Thoreau (Before the advent of compound bows with 85% letoff)

Offline beyondmyken

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Broadhead Pro & CC Knife/BH Sharpener
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 07:42:00 AM »
I think the 3R works as well as any carbide V shaped sharpener. I have read that it works on the WW but have not tried it- seems like a lot of metal is removed on a vented head.  I don't think it is easy to use the honing side as the device is too small, esp for knives but maybe I have a bugaboo about moving a sharp edge near my fingertips.

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 08:00:00 AM »
What beyondmyken said.

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 08:08:00 AM »
I should add that the "Accusharp" is the same concept. They work, but do so by cutting off metal.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©