3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fred Eichler?  (Read 938 times)

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
Fred Eichler?
« on: January 06, 2008, 11:52:00 AM »
Now that Fred has wrapped up the Super slam, any chance at him penning a book?  Similar to Chuck's "Super Slam" but a trad version that would be cool.  I would pre-order right now!!!  Maybe someone has an inside hint they would like to share.  Not just the stories of the hunts but also the equiptment used.   :pray:   Probably make for some real good readin.  Any title suggestions?    Joe
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fred Eichler?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 11:57:00 AM »
Since Fred is the second guy to do it, I would think the 1st guy would have an inside track on a book about it.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 12:02:00 PM »
I'd buy it, I'd buy them both, Freds and Mr. Duggans for that matter. 2 different people, 2 different points of view and a bunch of different hunting experiences.

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 12:14:00 PM »
I think Fred could do a much better job of it if he tells about his hunts and leaves the measurments of each trophy out of the picture. Chuck may be quite the archer and has accomplished alot in his days but his book turned me right off. There's a measurment for everything but his you know what in that book! Every other sentence has a measurement/score. I measure success differently than Chuck, I don't need a ruler/tape to feel big.
hunt it

Online Ybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 12:41:00 PM »
I love Mr. Adams book. Hopefully Mr. Eichler will share his adventures as well.
Steve.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 12:44:00 PM »
Fred I believe used Palmer bows exclusively, could be wrong but I think so. He shoot around 55#s give or take also. I would love to read a book by both guys who have done it, different stories on how they took each animal and ya could kind of compare the two. Shawn
Shawn

Online Ybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 01:48:00 PM »
"ENOUGH ALREADY"?????
enough what? Harvesting animals legally with archery equipment?
hunters against hunters, that is better?
Steve.

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 02:07:00 PM »
Not to get off topic and not defending anyone here (I understand the ego thing) but if you read Chucks book "Life at Full Draw", you'll see he catches hell both ways.  For many years he did not enter any trophies in PY and got pumbled for that.  They called him unsupportive etc.  Then I think he entered over a 100 animals, and got pumbled for that also (now he is a show off).   Public opinion (trial) is a rough way to go about anything, someone is always going to disagree.  I personally got to talk to him and he didn't seem like a bad guy,  regardless it's a hell of an accomplishment.   I'm new to Trad so I'm not sure who Mr. Duggan is, any links to read about him. Thanks Joe  I hope this doesn't get locked.
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 02:40:00 PM »
I have read stuff from both of them, IMAO Fred does a better Job of writing, plus he is more like a everyday person...

Offline threeundr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 04:08:00 PM »
JoeM, there is a pretty good article on Mr. Duggan in the Dec/Jan2007 issue of Traditional Bowhunter. Maybe that will help.

-Leonard-
-Leonard-

Online Ybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 04:17:00 PM »
Never thought of it as celebrating? He hunts, and writes for a living. And is doggon good at it.
Steve.

Online Ybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 05:06:00 PM »
I have not meet him. I can understand your thoughts more after your encounter.
One thing i cannot tolarate is a me, me, me person.
           Steve.
Steve.

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 05:22:00 PM »
Guys get over it it is a real challenge wheather you use a wheel bow or a trad bow both fred & chuck are real good hunters and both deserve there own point of view and yes I also like to know what each animal scores as do others By the way Chuck has probably more book animals than any other hunter in history  :banghead:
Gord

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 05:22:00 PM »
Thanks Leonard  Joe

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 05:36:00 PM »
i quite like fred, smeams down to earth and comes across as having a good time.
i find it incredible how many trophy animals Chuck has killed. never figured the guys that the first thing they do is pull out the tape measure when they recover the animal, it aint for me but i judge success and trophys diferent to others and i realise they see it different to me.  :rolleyes:
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2008, 05:59:00 PM »
Try to get us back on track here  ;)   What about a book on a TRADITIONAL bow hunters experiences and stories of taking evr species in NA.  Maybe we could call it "Somethin JoeM is never gonna do book" by Fred Eichler  :p   or "I lost so many arrows Dale Karch can retire,"  you know somethin like that.  Everyone take a deep breath (Bob   ;) ) , old Chuck is like a lighting rod.  Joe

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »
I think Fred would write an interesting book. I have hunted where Chuck has; and I am sure his books don't relate- to how he hunts.

I would like a book told from the perspective of someone that learns to hunt the hard way..that is from making mistakes and figuring out why they happened. And too what kind of clothing they wear; what failed them; and why.

It wouldn't take a person with a single P&Y entry to do it though- would it  :)
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2008, 06:04:00 PM »
I would absolutely love to share a hunt with Fred Eichler. No matter what it is, he gets just as worked up. I'm the same way. I get just as excited about a yearling doe as I do a big buck.
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline Bob Macioch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 06:08:00 PM »
I PEASONALY WOULD READ BOTH TRAD GEAR SAGAS.

BTW..I THINK every ANIMAL HARVESTED WITH A BOW AND ARROW LEGALLY IS A TROPHY!

BEST
BOB
Hunt for you! Dont worry what others will say,if your happy with what you shoot who really cares what anyone else thinks.You will be happier in the long run and hunting will remain the fun way to get meat for your entire life.Enjoy the journey

Offline Bob Macioch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »
JOEM

"What about a book on a TRADITIONAL bow hunters experiences and stories of taking evr species in NA. Maybe we could call it "Somethin JoeM is never gonna do book" by Fred Eichler  or "I lost so many arrows Dale Karch can retire," you know somethin like that"

THATS FUNNY I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE!

BEST
BOB
Hunt for you! Dont worry what others will say,if your happy with what you shoot who really cares what anyone else thinks.You will be happier in the long run and hunting will remain the fun way to get meat for your entire life.Enjoy the journey

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©