3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fred Eichler?  (Read 940 times)

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fred Eichler?
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2008, 07:01:00 PM »
Scoter67  an ACCOMPLISHMENT yes, a trophy????
nahhhhhhhhh
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2008, 07:01:00 PM »
I have to say, I would definitely read a book Fred put out.  I watched his Mexican big-horn sheep hunt this morning.  He gets so excited, I think he would be fun to hunt with. Never can have too many trad friends!

-Charlie

Offline Bob Macioch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2008, 07:14:00 PM »
Biggie

I know your a trophy hunter and thats great for YOU but please don't put your trophy values on anyone but YOURSELF.What might not be a trophy in your eyes doesn't mean they are not in others..

Best
Bob
Hunt for you! Dont worry what others will say,if your happy with what you shoot who really cares what anyone else thinks.You will be happier in the long run and hunting will remain the fun way to get meat for your entire life.Enjoy the journey

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2008, 09:50:00 PM »
I thought Biggie was just haveing fun Scooter. But if he was bothering you let me know and I`ll talk to him about it the next time I give him shooting lessons....RC

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2008, 09:54:00 PM »
Fred is sponsored by Hoyt and He will probably start shooting compounds more , Ive seen it already....I guess money talks...(
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Butts2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2008, 09:57:00 PM »
Enjoy Eichlers shows immensely. I have heard Rick Duggan give a presentation just about a year ago. The man was remarkably entertaining and one of his stories about his Grizzly hunt took you right there with him. I would buy his as well as Eichlers book in a heartbeat
Schafer Silvertip 58" 61@28
Hunter Safety Certificate
Bowhunter Safety Certificate
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Associatio
Pope & Young Club

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2008, 10:09:00 PM »
I've said for years that if Monty Browning wrote a 300-page book on watching the grass grow, I'd buy it and probably enjoy the heck out of it. I put Fred's writing in that category too. He's got a way of telling a story that could make anything entertaining.

Offline Jim Boettcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2008, 10:14:00 PM »
Your right on about Monty Browning. Saw him speak once at the Trad Expo. About his brush with death and a mamma grizz. When he was done, most everyones mouth was hanging open and a few tears shed. Jim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »
Jim,

I remember when he told the bear story at Kalamazoo. You could have heard a pin drop in that room. He definately had someone looking out for him on that encounter.

Offline Jim Boettcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2008, 10:40:00 PM »
Yeah, amazing story.

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 07:13:00 AM »
Fred wrote a few articles for TBM before and they were good. I enjoy his show and videos, he seems very honest, not real concerned about "trophies", and is certainly a knowledgeable hunter. He has been a respected outfitter for a long time.

Fred definitely does not whip out the tape measure after the shot. He shoots whatever is legal and even argues with his outfitter on one show to shoot a caribou cow (which is legal). The guide is like, no way man we are looking for a big bull! It is hilarious and you can tell both are dead serious.

I enjoy Monty's writing as well. I do not remember reading anything from Rick Duggan but I bet he has some stories to tell.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2008, 07:26:00 AM »
How did smilin Chuck get into this?

I know Fred personally and I LIKE Fred, I was somewhat dismayed when he did shoot cows and small bulls/bucks just to fulfill the species slam.

I'd buy his book as well, but would read Mr Duggan's book 1st  :-)
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Rico

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2008, 08:06:00 AM »
I was wondering if you could use either sex could be used, Chuck Adams took some nice animals I would like to meet him someday too.

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2008, 09:07:00 AM »
It was me Biggie that dragged Chuck and his little man syndrome into this. I just stated that,if Fred pens a book, which I hope he does. That he would not go off on the size of everything but his you know what every other sentence. I respect Chuck for what he has accomplished and admire what he has done. I own two of Chucks books, both were gifts. I was so turned off by the measuring of everything ,every other sentence that I did not even read the second book! I just do not guage my accomplishments by the tape. There is so much more to the hunt and the animals we pursue than the size. Just my opinion.
hunt it

Offline Rico

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2008, 09:21:00 AM »
Everybodies got different goals some big animals some harvest a particular species. Hats off to anyone that completes their goals.
 Given the choice I'll shoot the trophy and would  smile alot too.

Offline Ia Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 12:29:00 PM »
Chuckie shot his with a compound. Fred  I think ,used a recurve. Big difference ! Sorry, I don't know about Mr.Duggans. Someone enlighten me .

Offline Bob Macioch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »
Ia Hawkeye

Mr Duggans was the first to do the slam with a recurve

Best
Bob
Hunt for you! Dont worry what others will say,if your happy with what you shoot who really cares what anyone else thinks.You will be happier in the long run and hunting will remain the fun way to get meat for your entire life.Enjoy the journey

Offline thetroutguy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2008, 12:39:00 PM »
Mr. Duggan used a Chastain recurve for his super slam.  Fred used a Palmer recurve for his.

I have never met Chuck Adams, or Rick Duggan so I can't speak to their character.  However, anyone who has the perserverance to accomplish the super slam has a lot to teach the world.  Not just the bowhunting community.

I have however, met and hunted with Fred Eichler.  I can say this about him.  He is the same person at 4 in the morning as he is at 4 in the afternoon.  He is the same in his own living room as he is on camera.  He gets just as excited when someone ELSE shoots something ethically as he does when he shoots something.  Fred is the genuine article.  You can't help but repect him for that.  Fred is a great ambassador to our sport, and a great friend.
***TGMM Family of the Bow***

Offline jerrod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2008, 01:21:00 PM »
I have also met Chuck Adams and he is no stranger to stick and string he started out that way just like a lot of us, some continued others prefer modern equipment.  He is a very down to earth guy.  I really think hunters in a whole, ethical hunters need to stay united.  I would like to remind you that Fred Eichler also shoots a compound bow.  I would love to read a book about his traditional super slam.  Lets all stick together!
John 3:16

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »
Something else I like about Fred's work (as well as Denny Sturgis') is that he gets excited no matter what kind of animal he shoots. If he kills a doe or small buck, he doesn't downplay it with excuses about cull bucks or whatever. Every animal in and of itself is cause for celebration -- something I can relate to.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©