3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Twig Archery  (Read 476 times)

Offline GregD

• Trad Bowhunter
Twig Archery
« on: January 06, 2008, 07:57:00 PM »
Does anybody shoot their pass-thru hardwoods? Are they compressed ramin? Any input appreciated  Thanks  Greg

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Twig Archery
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 10:07:00 PM »
I haven't bought any since '06, but then they were a hardwood called melawis from Borneo. They are very tough, take stain well, easily straightened (I use a hook), and are heavy. I bought several dozen mainly for stumpers. They take a beating better than ash. My buddy uses their 5/16" for hunting and really likes them.

John knows shafting and is great to deal with.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 10:08:00 PM »
I shoot his 5/16 ramin.  Good shafting.  Makes for a tuff arrow.  I don't think they are compressed though.  I agree with RED about John.  If you have any questions, give him a call.
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 11:16:00 PM »
ones i got were ramins, but very good ones,they are not compressed. he culls like 80% of the ramin shafts to get what he sells, John is a very good person to do buisness with. I have bought quite a few cedars from him as well.
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline Dirty Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 12:44:00 AM »
Are they still in business? I was buying shafts from them when they first started. I have to look them up now...   :campfire:

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 05:52:00 AM »
Good folks. Never had a bad dealing with Twig. Their arrows are probably the best I've ever shot.
N/A

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 07:54:00 AM »
Alot of guys I know here in Ohio shoot TWIG arrows. He has a good following. I shoot carbons but would give them a call for wood if needed just from their reputation.

Offline McGeeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 12:16:00 PM »
I have been using Twig shafts for years. mostly cedars. Great to do business with and very helpful. It's nice that I live 45 minutes away from him. In the summer he holds a Friday night shoot for customers and a big Friday and Saturday shoot at the end of the summer. great guy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©