3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who did NOT kill a deer this year?  (Read 3702 times)

Offline va

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who did NOT kill a deer this year?
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2008, 04:15:00 PM »
Ooops I meant Aeronut.

Sorry Dennis
Poor folk with poor ways, but rich just the same.

Offline Can Hahaka

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2008, 04:16:00 PM »
This was my best season ever! After more than 40 years of chasing. Why, 'cause I got a new MLL longbow, got on these threads and learned the "how tos" and put it all to work. I hunted a specific deer on public land - I had him at 15 yards in thick brush. No shot. I also found a great little bedding area and caught a little eight going in one morning. I am on the ground and he got to 8 yards, but no shot.

Then the snows came and it was even better. All this is due to all of the members of these sites, their help and passions for hunting. Thank you.
Mississippi Lake Longbow 55#@28"
Woodcraft Equip. 30#@28"
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

GENESIS 27:3 - Now therefore, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow and go out to the field and take me some venison.

Offline uncowboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2008, 04:17:00 PM »
Well I didn't kill a deer in two years. We had a big deer kill with the EHD sickness so I really didn't hunt too hard but I did want one to make some sasauge. I saw two does buck week and that was all. J.Michael

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2008, 04:30:00 PM »
Zip here. First year in many that I haven't killed a deer or  two or three.Work got in the way and the of the three shots I had- I clean missed 1 and branches jumped out on the other two-one about 9 feet off the ground. After that deer looked up at the thwack and walked off I almost fell out of the three chuckling.
 Yes, I had a great season but next year no passes!
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline Jeff Sample

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2008, 04:42:00 PM »
Passed up several small bucks, then missed a beaut at 12 yards when my moment of truth came. Would have made quite a story, as he was standing in the same spot where I shot my first and only book WT (picture to left) in 2005. Looks like he made it through the shotgun season, so hopefully I'll get another chance in '08!
Jeff
Give me oysters and beer, for dinner every day of the year and I'll feel fine – Jimmy Buffett

Offline TFM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2008, 05:09:00 PM »
I could have shot a lot of deer but they are just too cute!!

If you believe that, then pm me for a great deal on some lake front property

final score deer 10 me 0
GO AHEAD AND BUY IT, your wife can only get so mad

Offline Bill Leeming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2008, 05:40:00 PM »
Goose egg here also. No acorns, few sightings, no shots. Thinking of next year already!!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2008, 07:11:00 PM »
None here (for me) - too darned many acorns. Deer didn't have to move or look around. Squirrels were carrying them to 'em on heaping trays, a leprachaun told me. Didn't see enough Deer to spit at, and only got one shot op at legal ones - missed that one. I really am pretty dog-goned happy when I just see Deer every now, and then and this was my worst year ever, I think. Next year will be better - is it time yet???
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2008, 07:18:00 PM »
"Finally got to a quarter-draw before the buck took off.

If I keep this up I'll get to miss a shot in a couple more years." ~va

Too funny!  :biglaugh:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline GAstumpshooter

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2008, 07:25:00 PM »
Life got in the way, I think time is  speeding up some how.I only got to go a few time seen deer but no shots.
Mike Clark
TGMM Family of the Bow

Daddy the chickens are laughing at you because you keep missing. Connor age 4

Offline nel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2008, 09:38:00 PM »
I couldn't even pull my bow...can't pull it yet.

Was on chemotherapy from April until October then had gut surgery first week of December.

When you can't do something, you obsess on it all the more...I'm gonna be ready for spring turkeys!!!

Offline marshall brown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2008, 10:00:00 PM »
Just wasn't my year either. I was in a car crash in late Aug and broke my left foot and right heel. Had surgery on my right heel a week later and was on a long rode to recovery. Around mid Oct. I was able to shoot again from a chair and by the last week I felt like I just had to at least get into the woods. I was getting around fairly good with crutches and went to my fathers property where I knew i would only have to go about 40 yards downhill to get on the downwind side of some trails. With my bow strapped to my backpack down I went. Boy what a challenge. As I sat on a treeseat my father had placed for me and about an hour before dark I had my first encounter. Although it was not a legal buck in PA I couldn't have felt more alive. What a rush to have this small buck at 10 yds. crossing right in front of me. I never did release an arrow in 3 more trips to this location but I didn't need to.

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2008, 10:03:00 PM »
Two close calls, still hunting and spot and stalking. Both stories posted. No shots taken.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Danny Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2008, 05:16:00 AM »
Still after 'em in Meade Co. Nothing yet.
DR

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2008, 05:59:00 AM »
I had a huge 12 point with droptines at 15 yards for over an hour and could not get a shot, still haunted by the site of him. Had opportunities at does but wanted the 12 so let them pass. The 12 is still alive so hopefully next time. Zippo on the whitetails this year, but I can always hope to get a Sambar in the jungle here on Guam season runs till the end of March.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2008, 08:07:00 AM »
I have only had 3 deer in bow range this year. And my daughter was the one hunting (with a muzzleloader) She couldn't get the saftey off ufortunatly. So no archery deer so far for me. Ohio has a few more weeks though.  Our new neighbors are constantly out hunting driving trucks and ATV's all over the place. I think they have salt blocks and feeders too. So when gun season came I took out my shotgun. Paid off with my biggest buck ever. I would have rathered it been with a selfbow but I figure myself very fortunate to kill a buck of this caliber.
Jason Lester

Offline McGeeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2008, 08:15:00 AM »
I have not shot one as well. I do until the first weekend in Feb. but I have been moving out of my house for the last three weeks and will finally have that job finished this weekend so I am hoping to get back out there.

I have missed two does earlier this season, have not seen a buck that I would like to shot yet.

Offline tamure

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »
No deer. I'm still trying to tag my first deer. I have an annoying habit of shooting over their backs.
Directions: Hike, camp, hunt, fish, wash, rinse, repeat.

Offline Dirty Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2008, 10:59:00 AM »
Originally posted by tamure:
No deer. I'm still trying to tag my first deer. I have an annoying habit of shooting over their backs.
I know what your problem is. If you would like some help,send me a pm.

Offline Buckhammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2008, 05:17:00 PM »
I passed on some does and fawns in October and a small buck in November during the rut and I've been shut out ever since. Hope to get out this weekend and next week before the season goes out here in Illinois

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©