3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Daily Hunt Pics and Stories 2008  (Read 8668 times)

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Daily Hunt Pics and Stories 2008
« Reply #240 on: October 08, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »
So is it now Danny Dreadlocks instead of DannyTwoHats???Thanks bro.........
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #241 on: October 08, 2008, 06:20:00 PM »
Well, here is mine. First morning out for me this season. Shot her at 7 yards with my Morrison Cheyenne 50@27, CX Thunderstorm shaft tipped with a Woodsman. Looks like there should be plenty of good eatin' on this old girl!!

Way to go Danny!!! Cool Springs rocks!!

Offline FJTOYMAN

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #242 on: October 09, 2008, 12:28:00 PM »
Well I finally got something to post.   :)  
My goal this year was a branch antlered bull.
I shot this guy on 9/24. 25yrds. I watched him fall after a 20 yard jog. I was shooting a Dan Toelke recurve 57 @ 29 and a CX 6075 Terminator hunter arrow. Tipped with a Tusker Broadhead single LH Bevel. Total arrow weight was 620 grains. I center punched a rib about 3" above the brisket. My arrow split the rib and hit the bottom of his heart. I didn't realize how big he was till I walked up to him. He is a 6x7 and is my first big game traditional kill.

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #243 on: October 09, 2008, 02:21:00 PM »
WOW what a way to start. Congratulations.
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #244 on: October 09, 2008, 02:43:00 PM »
Branch-antlered?  You beat that and then some.  Awesome bull.  Congrats.
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Offline nontypical

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #245 on: October 09, 2008, 07:42:00 PM »
WOW nice stories/pics.Lady Luck shined on me a third yr yesterday.Out on an evening hunt and I put a nice deer down.Took this doe from my treestand @ 20 yds slight quartering away w/my SAB 60" 46#.Complete passthru and stuck in the dirt!She ran a 15 yd circle then dropped in sight.

BLACK WIDOWS
MORRISON ILF
TITAN/CENTAUR
BLACK MAGIC/CENTUAR
BOB LEES
BIG CHEVYS

Offline DW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #246 on: October 09, 2008, 09:29:00 PM »
GREAT JOB, Everyone! Congratulations.....Don and Skyler
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tioga

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #247 on: October 10, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »
Some mighty impressive harvests. Trad guys never cease to amaze me. They step up to the challenge and experience much success. I'm impressed.  :)  

I'll be back out there in a few days. Lord willing.  :)
Alleghenny Mtn Bow 48@27
Gold Tips
Wensel Woodsmen

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #248 on: October 10, 2008, 06:30:00 PM »
Congrats to all!  Great pictures and great animals.  Thanks for sharing.
God is good, all the time!!!

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #249 on: October 11, 2008, 11:34:00 AM »
Originally posted by Jack Denbow:
WOW what a way to start. Congratulations.
DITTO!!!!  Outstanding bull!!!!!
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #250 on: October 11, 2008, 12:23:00 PM »
Nice pic's everyone...

Way to go Pete

Offline goosespirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #251 on: October 11, 2008, 12:36:00 PM »
The old DAS Dalaa made meat last night.  Dalaa, 60", 66#@28, Easton axis 400, 125 magnus snuffer with a 75 grain insert. Short blood trail.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/goosespirit/08deer.jpg

Offline kibok&ko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #252 on: October 12, 2008, 04:31:00 PM »
Great pictures and great time to read your adventures  

Congrats to all!
save a cow eat a vegetarian !

Offline saywhat?

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #253 on: October 13, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »
I had a great couple of evenings in the woods chasing turkey.  The first evening I slipped into an area where they like to roost up on a hill overlooking a pasture and creek bottom.  Like clockwork a group of six hens began making their way toward my set up.  About 40 yards out the lead hen let out an alarm putt and stopped them all in their tracks.  Turns out a spike buck just around the bend spooked them.  They apparently couldn't see each other because the deer froze at the putt alarm and the turkey wouldn't move either.  After about 20 minutes, the spike mustered some courage and stepped out a little further.  Once they saw each other they all moved off up the trail...in the opposite direction!

The second evening I climbed a stand over a food plot and waited about 20 minutes.  Soon I saw little blue heads heading for the corn.  It is amazing how fast muscles can cramp up when you get positioned to draw so the only thing left to do is pull the string back.

I would like to say the the old tom tripped over his 12 inch beard at the moment it let the Magnus fly, but I just flat out shot a couple inches too high.  Dead center, but too high.  I can blame that on the cramps and being in a poison ivy covered deer stand, right?

I was just happy to see two groups of turkey on our little place and offer some of my blood to all the skeeters.

Offline IAOUTDOORSMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #254 on: October 13, 2008, 01:24:00 PM »
This was my second year of traditional hunting.  I used a recurve last year and a longbow this year.  I used a Hornes traditionalist with POC arrows and a WW broadhead.

first deer of the year (good eating)

a buck that came in to 25yds

Me with the neighbors kids (who love to help track)

Offline Dan Bonner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #255 on: October 13, 2008, 05:41:00 PM »
Been a good season so far here in TX. Tagged out on doe (2)and killed a nice pig with a new recurve that I just finished building right before the opener.

My hunting buddy Paul (Horneshooter)killed a doe on Friday.

Took some pics from the stand yesterday. This is the view from 30" up a Hickory tree.

Things got more interesting about 5:30pm.

Planned on hunting this stand in the AM but had some Hunnydos. Heres what happened in my absence. Notice the date and time.

heres a better shot of him taken the other day while I was on another stand.

Its been a ton of fun so far and I look forward to reading about all of your successes!

Bonner

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #256 on: October 13, 2008, 06:25:00 PM »
Tom and I hunted Guana this past weekend we had a great time! We saw a lot of deer and hogs. Tom passed on a button buck and the does did not come in close enough. We walked in on a 8 point at Tom's stand on Saturday afternoon all 3 of us were surprised...no shot taken. I saw a lot of hogs...On Friday I shot at two hogs it was a long shot with them butt end to me ...they were facing away at about 28 yars...I just barey missed. On Saturday...I watched 4 hogs feeding on Hickory nuts...ya know even if when you can't see them and when they aren't gruntin and squealing you know it is hogs when you hear the Hickory nuts popping. There is a good crop of Hickory huts and Acorns there this year. Anyway...I shot a black and reddish brown hog about 125 pounds at around 6:30 p.m. All four hogs tore outts there with one doing extra squealing. It was a good shot...heck it was a great shot...right behind the left front leg and buried to the fletching.......but not a drop of blood....we tracked him in head high palmettos until the batteries gave out on our flash lights. We could move in on him and he would start popping his jaws and and sorta growling...it was pretty spooky in those palmettos with the flashlight fading. We tied a white hankerchief to the last area we knew he was in and also some floresent tape to show our way back and went to report in at the check in station. The next morning...I WORE my snakeboots and we stayed in the stand until 9:00 a.m. and then came down and searched and searched for the hog. Unforunately we never did find him. I sure was looking forward to posting a pick of me here with that hog.

There were not many skeeters but LOTSA chiggers, red bugs and ticks and snakes. We saw 3 ground rattlers, a black snake and water mocassin.

We plan to hunt there again and the folks at the check in encouraged us to come back this weekend to see if there were permits available.  We are getting ready for our Missouri hunt...and I don't think we can make it back this weekend.  It sure was fun though!
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #257 on: October 13, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »
Congrats   :thumbsup:  to all
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline kibok&ko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #258 on: October 14, 2008, 04:16:00 PM »
some news from south french alps ... for my last try on a tree stand for wild boar (with all the drive hunt & rifle around on public land the "sangliers" are now almost nocturnal ...

i was lucky just with the last light of sunday afternoon to put this nice one down !!!!!!!!

very happy !!!!

save a cow eat a vegetarian !

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2008, 04:16:00 PM »
wow you guys have been keeping very busy outstanding stuff guys. and Doug your success made my week really awesome   :bigsmyl:    :clapper:
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©