INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Great Pennsylvania Squirrel Hunt 2005  (Read 19203 times)

Offline Ranger58

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Great Pennsylvania Squirrel Hunt 2005
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2005, 02:59:00 PM »
Larry,
Where's your dedication man?  I'll bet if it were an elk hunt, you'd be there in a hearbeat, huh?  Them pesky varmits are even more challenging, you know with the smaller vitals area and all.  And to think, if'n ya get one, ya don't have to stop for the season, ya can keep on flingin those "nutters".  It really ain't that fer..
L8r
Gary
Stickbows, Sidelocks and Flyrods, anything to make it more of a challenge!

Bear Kodiak 50@28 “the girl”
Palmer Classic w/ 50@28 and 56@27 limbs
58 Kodiak 45@28
Kodiak 59'er 50@28
1958 Pearson Hunter dual shelf 45@28
and my original longbow I used as a kid.

Offline Snakeeater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »
LAR43,

Come on man, I drive farther than that to go to ETAR or GATAR!  Jump in the car Friday at 7:00 and you'll be there by 12:00 in time to have lunch with us, stretch your legs and whatever else, and then go skeer some skweerls.

We got room for ya' to spend the night and be all rested up on Saturday.

Snakeeater
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2005, 10:11:00 PM »
George,

Joe and I are hunting in Shawnee on Saturday the 15th. Last day of deer is a good excuse for me to drive over. We will do a bit of squirrel scouting as well.

Doc and Snakeeter, I will tie up a few like we arranged. See, I didn't forget. I will mark your map so you can find them.

I'm planning on hunting all day on Friday. George, I'm sure we will bump into each other somewhere in the park during the morning. See you guys for lunch!

Dave
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline joe sivits

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #143 on: January 15, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »
RED BEAST MASTER AND MY SELF WAS WAS OVER AT SHAWNEE CHECKING OUT THE TREE RAT POPULATION AND WE THINK IT WILL BE A GOOD HUNT . HOPE EVERYBODY MAKES IT .

MR PERFECT

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2005, 03:37:00 PM »
Joe, I was also over between two and three and saw several along the road into the upper cloverleaf.  I'm posting a new thread on meeting time, etc., so everyone will get a look see.
George

Offline joe sivits

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2005, 05:13:00 PM »
RED BEAST MASTER AND I WAS OVER AT THE PARK TODAY AND DID A LITTLE STUMP SHOOTING ON SAT THE 15TH . WE DID NOT SEE ANY GRAYS BUT I KNOW THEY ARE THERE .WE DID NOT HUNT REAL HARD . WE DID NOT SEE ANY DEER EITHER BUT TALKED TO THREE GUYS THAT SHOT AT ONE WITH A MUZZLE LOADER . WE ARE PLANING ON MEETING AT THE RANGER STATION AROUND 8.00 ON FRIDAY SO SEE YOU THERE

Offline Dale Hajas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2005, 09:53:00 PM »
Doc that is my correct address...

wonder why?

Ranger you'll be getting some snail mail...
"So long as the new moon returns in Heaven a bent, beautiful bow,
so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men"

Offline Snakeeater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2005, 02:59:00 AM »
ttt
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Offline Peckerwood

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2005, 12:22:00 PM »
I'm getting my stuff together for the weekend and wondered if anyone knows if there are cooking utensils supplied with the cabin? Is there a microwave, Dishsoap ,Etc. I plan on bringing some deer stew and snacks for Sat. and plenty of arrows. Hope to arrive sometime Fri evening. Looking forward to finally meeting some of the GANG.

Bill
  :cool:
NO matter where you go there you  are !

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2005, 01:16:00 PM »
Bill,

Gary feels he'll have enough stuff for general cooking and such in his camp kit.  One thing that a person might wish to bring is some extra paper towels and cleaning stuff... He doens't know about a microwave.  STove w/oven normally.  

LIghtweight (plastic) cultery, paper plates/bowls, paper towels and lunch fixings might be smart.

Sat. nite will be a "cook off" of shared stuff... or bring your own. Whatever works for you.  

That is what I know...fwiw...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2005, 05:42:00 PM »
Almost all of the modern cabins in Pennsylvania State Parks are supplied with microwaves.   I suspect this house is as well.   George

Offline Dale Hajas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2005, 09:15:00 PM »
Doc what time is dinner for friday nite? Mary Jo is gonna make some homemade soup. She makes hateful good tasting soup.

Jared and I wont be up till around 6 pm I guess.
I think we can stay most of the day on saturday.
If you guys wanna eat earlier than 6 go ahead.
I'm gonna bring my Coleman Tailgating grille. I also will bring some coffee.

I have some old ash wood that's been layin around for some firewood. MAybe I can get some wood from my buddy, so we dont havta buy any...

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2005, 09:29:00 AM »
Friday nite, we'll likely try to eat about 6-ish or so... be hunting till close onto 5...so till we get stuff a bilin and stirred, you outa be there! Ain't no biggie as to time... we'll keep eating till it's all gone and all's fed that wants ta belly up.

We'll be having the spaghetti stuff Friday... but yer welcome to sit a burner on for the soup... might be nice for thems what come in from the COLD Sat. mid day, too.

Wood's good.  You mean you won't be there for the Sat. night cookoff?  And big campfire?   :(

Ok..we'll have to do a fire Fri, too, if'n you're fetchin along some firewood.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline joe sivits

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2005, 10:54:00 AM »
HEY GUYS I AM NOT SURE WHAT ALL OF YOU ARE PLANNING ON FOR DINNER ON SAT BUT I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE UP A STOCK POT FULL OF HAM AND BEAN SOUP .I WILL BRING MY PROPANE COOKER AND GET IT READY FOR DINNER . ALL I WANT IS AN IDEA HOW MANY WOULD BE INTERESTED IF ANY.I WILL DO IT ON A DONATION BASIS . LET ME KNOW

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2005, 12:46:00 PM »
Joe,

Sat is potluck, bring what ya got...sorta thing.  Cabin has a 4 burner elect. stove...we hope for a outdoor fire..might be rightious cold though... I'm hearing in teens at night with snow possible Sat...

If it's too cold, there might be competition for cooking surfaces Sat. night!  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline joe sivits

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »
DOC THANKS FOR THE INPUT I WILL KINDA WAIT AND SEE
WHAT GUYS THINK THIS WEEK AND TAKE IT FROM THERE .THAT IS WHY I PUT IT OUT ON MON TO GET AN SOME INPUT . WERE IS YOU CABIN AT I ONLY LIVE 5 MILES FROM SHAWNEE .

JOE

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2005, 07:42:00 PM »
Brother, Joe,

I hope to blazes that Ranger58 knows..he rented the danged thing from the state in the Park...sleeps 8 and we got more like 10 already...   :eek:   :)  I'm riding wit him!!  :knothead:  

More'd'merrier... so far, only one lass...but snake's li'l gal Sarah can hold her own again any 3 boys...she's got brothers!

I'm figurin that if the weather goes sour, that ole cabin might look like a version of 'animal house' Sat. night! :)Lots of stay overs on the floor!  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2005, 08:59:00 PM »
Doc,

Joe might only live 5 miles from the park but I waited 45 min for him to show up last Saturday! The boy has no concept of time at all. LOL

We did some recon and stump shooting. Didn't see a squirrel to save our lives! I think George is pulling a fast one on us. I know one thing, I'm going with George! He has to have a honey hole ridge in the park somewhere. He's been hearding them for weeks I bet. Probably has plans to limit out by lunch and take all the prizes too. Hmmmmm.

Dave
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline joe sivits

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2005, 10:59:00 PM »
RED BEAST MASTERS COULD NOT SIT TIGHT LIKE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO DO AND WENT DRIVING AROUND THE PARK LIKE SOME KIND OF TOURIST . KNOW YOU KNOW THE WHOLE STORY . I TALKED TO RYAN TODAY WE WILL BE THERE AT 8.00 ON FRI MORN WITH BELLS ON BUDDY AND YOU BEST BE THERE IF YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FOR YOU FELLA .AND I AM NOT KIDDING EITHER . HA HA
  JOE

Offline Dale Hajas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2005, 11:05:00 PM »
I got a story 'bout Shawnee

Shawnee permits pets in a part of the camping area so we took the new beagle pup up there over the 4th of July.

So me-nda-family get to doin some fishun....We go over to the parking lot close to where we is bedding up at the lodge.

I look over to see some fine lookin young lady just layin on the shore, right along the water, right after a hateful storm.

So I walks up to her and ask her if she's ok. I get no reply. Man she's just layin there. uh oh.

No for some reason or nother I have encountered quite a few dead folks in my life, I mean I have found them, on several occasions. Dont know why. God must trust me to do what's right I guess.

Back to the lady. She's a nice looking gal, and in her car is a case of beer and a carton of smokes. Seems she may have been on a date of some sort.

I cant see her move, not even breathe! So I send in my wife and she walks up to the gal and yells at her. Nope nothing. Man this gal has expired!
So A firetruck drives by, and I flag em down... Well they coulda cared less it seems as they looked at the gal without getting out of the truck they keep on agoing! Don't know where they was from but they HAD TO get back I guess.

Next Thing I do is let my wife and kids there and I go chasing Mr.Park Ranger. 'Course I had a devil of a time finding him. Finally he pulls into the lot and there's about 4 other folks just gawking at this lady. My wife and kids told them "Dad says she may be dead".

So this ranger guy walks up to the young lady and in a real low tone- so he doesnt scare the crowd- he say "Miss you all right?"

Well dont ya know that lady just about jumped outta her clothes when he did that! She says she's ok WHY??

Well about this time now I was the one who was in need of some doctorin'.... Yup the Missus and kids wont let me ferget about that neither.

Seems the young lady was quite "ill" and had to sleep it off. So she pulls into the lot and drops right down on the lake shore...  

So wonder if those squirrels are gonna do the same to me now?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©