INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Great Pennsylvania Squirrel Hunt 2005  (Read 19202 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Great Pennsylvania Squirrel Hunt 2005
« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2005, 11:06:00 PM »
WEll, if'n the squirrels (furry ones) ain't active, it might pay to jes sit quiet and watch you two... You related?  Sound like for real brothers! LMAO!

I'm tellin you that this cold will freak em out... I think them tree rats go south... to see Ms. Susan and eat cookies!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2005, 09:32:00 AM »
Dale,

That is an incredible story... but I gotta tell ya..I hope the only dead bodies you enounter on this trip is pesky tree rats!   :eek:  

We're lookin for that soup on Fri and whenever you roll in, we'll fix you a spot!  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2005, 12:21:00 PM »
Dale,

I bet you are an Alice Cooper fan. Did the song "Cold Ethel" come to mind? ROFLMAO

Doc,

I don't claim Joe as blood! He's too ugly to stand next to me in family pictures! We are brothers of the bow though, even if he ONLY shoots Martin recurves.

Brother Joe,

You gotta stop typing in capitals man. I'm getting bug eyed reading your posts.

George,

You have to let us in on the location of your squirrel stash. Maybe if we passed the hat amoung the guys once or twice?
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »
Nu-ugh, Beastie Boy... I get first dibs on the honey hole...I invited George to Breakfast...  :)

Oh...but thanks for Josie Wales to quit "hollarin" at us in caps!  :)

Anyone else note that ole Dale is a concientious fella and never touched the "dead gal" and made his wife do it...  :)  What a gentleman...

Maybe them fireman knew her by reputation and knew she was a boozer...  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Snakeeater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2005, 01:13:00 PM »
Sounds more like wisdom to me Doc.  Hmmm, I can go over there and check on her and maybe get hit with an assault or attempted rape charge...or, I can ask my wife (another female) to go over and check on her. Yep, that has less risk involved in it.

What I didn't understand was why nobody checked for a pulse, unless they were asceered of catching something from her.
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2005, 01:23:00 PM »
I dunno...boot toe sounds harmless enough...

Guess if someone would've cracked a beer next to her ear, she'd have sit right up!  :)

How'd we git on this again?  Oh, yea...squirrel hunt and squirrely woman! I got it now..   :D

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Dale Hajas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2005, 04:26:00 PM »
Snakeeater and Doc- My hands was covered in nightcrawler guts...
"So long as the new moon returns in Heaven a bent, beautiful bow,
so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men"

Offline frankb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »
There went your chance to wipe your hands...

What were you thinking?  

-Frankb
"Until we meet again, may the Great Spirit make sunrise in your heart." ~Author Unknown~

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »
You need to be looking for a house, not a cabin. It is the "only" house on the island between the two bridges.  That is where the main office for the region and their maintenance building sits.
The high for Saturday is supposed to be 18 with possible snow flurries.  Any accumulation isn't expected until starting Sat. evening and right now they still aren't sure.  So far we've had only about an inch of snow in the park.  It may get into the 20's and that's not too bad for January, especially when you don't need snowshoes.  

Dave....two of those squirrels were by the parking lot before you start up the hill to the cloverleaf above the breast of the dam.  They could have just gotten off the squirrel bus, but I didn't see any tire tracks in the dirt.    Our best bet for bushytails is in the brushy areas that surround the old Dietz road...it goes from the dam breast out to Rt. 96.  Up above the dam, there is much brush along that oak flat, and there was much activity in there in late November.  In addition, the triangle of land between the Rt. 30 access road and the east beach has quite a bit of brushy draws there next to the oaks.   I feel sure we will get at least some shooting.  

BTW...All...The grocery store in Manns Choice sells the best bacon in the entire world. Ask for Yoder's bacon...they will slice it for you.  You may never want to leave if you have some Yoder's bacon for breakfast 8^).   George

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2005, 06:42:00 PM »
Remember...the guys on the mountain, Somerset/Johnstown area, have about five times the snow that we have off the mountain here.  We should actually be able to see the ground in some places.  George

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #170 on: January 18, 2005, 10:02:00 PM »
Now George... dang it hoss... I just fetched up 2 dozen eggs, 5# of the best local scrapple and 10# of taters for Sat. breakfast... I'll have all them burners goin and you go psyche them boys up for bacon... Oh, yeah...I got a pound of them sausage links too. Case some miscreant don't eat scrapple!   "[dntthnk]"

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline joe sivits

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2005, 12:07:00 AM »
I CAN NOT WAIT TILL FRIDAY MORNING IT WILL BE COLD AND ALL THOSE FURY LITTLE GUYS WILL BE IN THERE NESTS . I ASKED RYAN HOW MANY GUYS HE THOUGHT WERE COMING HE SAID 50 DOES ANYBODY REALLY HAVE AN IDEA ?ALSO I WONDERED HOW MANY GRAYS WE WILL KILL HE SAID ONE SO ANYBODY HAVE A GUESS ON THE KILL OR HARVEST TO BE CORRECT .

JOE

Offline Phil Magistro

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2005, 12:39:00 AM »
Joe, there's going to be a mess of guys but most of them will be at the cabin cooking, eating and drinking coffee.   :)

The latest forecast is for a low Saturday morning of 12, a high of 19 and periods of heavy snow.  Any squirrel in its right mind will be snug in a den tree or in the attic of the cabin.    :)  

Friday will be cold - 19 - but partly sunny.  The squirrels should be out running around before the storm.  

How many will be killed??  I'm going to say three.  Two on Friday and one on Saturday.
"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best."    - Oscar Wilde

Offline Ranger58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #173 on: January 19, 2005, 06:13:00 AM »
Well, it looks like this weekend is going to be for the hearty!  Just great weather for stalking bushytails!  All's we will need is some wind to aid in the event.  Stumps beware!  The campfire is going to be an event unto itself!  The low is to be around 5 degrees on Friday night.  This had better be a very large bonfire!  Coffee for everyone!  Still I can't wait!  Lookin forward to it all.
L8r
Stickbows, Sidelocks and Flyrods, anything to make it more of a challenge!

Bear Kodiak 50@28 “the girl”
Palmer Classic w/ 50@28 and 56@27 limbs
58 Kodiak 45@28
Kodiak 59'er 50@28
1958 Pearson Hunter dual shelf 45@28
and my original longbow I used as a kid.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2005, 08:22:00 AM »
I kept hoping George would push back Sat.'s start time an hour to let them critters get the arthritis outa their l'l joints and get moving about...

Oh, and the squirrels, too...   :bigsmyl:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Phil Magistro

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2005, 09:00:00 AM »
Doc, You can sleep anytime but you can only hunt squirrels when they're in season.  Just get up an hour earlier.  I heard that old folks don't need as much sleep anyways......   :)
"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best."    - Oscar Wilde

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2005, 10:04:00 AM »
HEY! Whipper-snapper...I resemble that Comment!  :bigsmyl:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline joe sivits

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »
WELL YOU KNOW WHAT LARRY SAYS GET ER DONE . WELL I DONE GOTER DID . I HOPE YOU ALL CAN MAKE IT THIS YEAR I THINK THE WEATHER WILL BE A LITTLE BETTER THAN LAST YEAR .  

JOE

Offline Snakeeater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2005, 03:02:00 PM »
ttt
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Offline frankb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2005, 04:03:00 PM »
Uh......

Anyone bringing any liquid refreshments [other than pop, H20, etc]?

-Frankb
"Until we meet again, may the Great Spirit make sunrise in your heart." ~Author Unknown~

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©