INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Great Pennsylvania Squirrel Hunt 2005  (Read 19012 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Great Pennsylvania Squirrel Hunt 2005
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2004, 09:13:00 PM »
Ranger,

I guess if you got room in that toy truck, I'll bring a stand along for S'n'Giggles.  I like finding arras. Only got 10  nutters ready to go with them special pronged buggars I showed you.   :)  :)

Dunno if they'll fly with the lighter limbs I have on, but hey, like I can hit a squirrel anyway?!  :)

I can go BH from a tree stand anyway...

Blunts are legal so nutters are very blunt... actually downright rude when you get right to it!  :)

If it's this warm, we'll need thermacells!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Dale Hajas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2004, 10:29:00 PM »
When we camped there this past summer, there were quite a few Fox skwerls behint the beach parking lot. They was making fun of the chubby guys in spandex....

While I figure they may want to taunt me in my spandex fancies thus bringin them out of cover.
I'll fix 'em....  "[dead]"
"So long as the new moon returns in Heaven a bent, beautiful bow,
so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men"

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2005, 09:13:00 AM »
Dave...I'll be off work that week from Wed. morning until Sunday night.  We can start whenever you want *^).. BUT...you may want to bring four dozen flu-flus.   I'm going over this Tuesday or Wednesday for a pre-emptive first strike.    George

Offline Ranger58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2005, 08:36:00 AM »
Well guys I got the confirmation on the lodge rental!  We are on!  As I said before, I could use a little help on the payment when you can afford it.  You twelve know who you are, and the cost is as stated in the email I sent out.  
Doc, we need to work on a menu, soon!  Anyone else have concerns about food for the weekend? Let me know, asap!
Frankb, I got some nutters for ya, I'm sure you're going to enjoy!  
I found out I got the weekend off yesterday, and man am I stoked!  
I've been out bunny hunting a couple of times in the past week.  It was a blast; but, no harvests!  I think I have to work on my accuracy just a little bit more.  I was able to send a nutter between the back legs of a running rabbit.  Can you imagine the surprise of seen a nutter coming from between your legs as you're running down the trail?  
Any of you traveling in a pickup, could you throw a couple of pieces of firewood in?  That way we can have a fire outside Fri and Sat nights.  Should be a great time!
Stickbows, Sidelocks and Flyrods, anything to make it more of a challenge!

Bear Kodiak 50@28 “the girl”
Palmer Classic w/ 50@28 and 56@27 limbs
58 Kodiak 45@28
Kodiak 59'er 50@28
1958 Pearson Hunter dual shelf 45@28
and my original longbow I used as a kid.

Offline Snakeeater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »
ttt
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2005, 10:23:00 AM »
I can probably supply some firewood from the woods behind my house.  Got a couple of logs laying on the ground.  Getting closer I can give you directions to my place, it's only 1 1/4 miles from the blinker light in Manns Choice.
Dale, you must have been at the east beach, up on the hill?  I haven't been in that area this year.   George

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2005, 11:11:00 AM »
Dale,

If it stays this warm, that may be the gear of the day!    :)  

Gary,

Give me a call.  We can whup up some stuff pretty quick I'd think.  One big breakfast (Sat), cereal other morning (sun), lunch each person bring their own swamich fixins.

We could do spaghetti Fri nite... nice "carb load" for the heavy work on Sat.  I can get some of the Ragu w/o onions I know about so I can eat.

Then Sat. nite be a BYODM (Bring your own dead meat) cook off outside, weather permitting... inside if not.  

Anyone wanting in on the friday night dinner and Sat. AM breakfast fixings, just anti-up to us that bought? Sound simple enough?

All we need is a count for Friday night eats and Sat AM breakfast.  I'll fetch food along for those two meals. Your ticket to the meal(S) is to pre-register (email me) and show some folding green!

Sghetti and applesauce for Fri
Egg's, Scrapple, toast for Sat AM.  

:bigsmyl:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Peckerwood

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2005, 03:57:00 PM »
Gary, I sent you an email about room payment,but got no reply. I need your address to send the check. Dock, won't be there for Fri. dinner,but you can count me in for 2 for sat. breakfast. (let me know $ or if I need to bring anything) As for sat. dinner If I can bring anything let me know.

Bill
NO matter where you go there you  are !

Online Stagmitis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »
I think cumitavely Beastmaster and Hajas need 4 Hill style quivers each(Or a 50 gal bucket) and 18 dozen arrows.

IMHO.
Stagmitis

Offline Dale Hajas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2005, 06:54:00 PM »
Is you showing up Stagman??? I figgered you be chicken. HAH!

Cmon up! Maybe a 3 hour ride for you. Just off the PA 'Pike too.

HEY! We can shoot THRU Stagmitis's Double Bull again!! Them wasn't ventilation holes that Red and I put in fer ya.

BTW The Beastman hisself carries a 5 gallon bucket O'arrahs. I think he uses them for tracking purposes.

George yes it was on the east side, where a man in spandex is made fun of.... Times have changed... them danged rodents be toast!

I can have the missus whip up some homemade mushroom soup. It's purty fair stuff, but don't let her see anybody makin a fuss over it. She gets paid by "the quality" in my kingdom.   :knothead:

Offline ScottinPA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2005, 08:16:00 PM »
I'm gonna try to get there if only to put a face to the handle (and get a good laugh).  Ain't got no nutters or flu-flu arras so I'll stick to ground shots with judos.
"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear

Offline Dale Hajas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2005, 08:28:00 PM »
BTW I'm bringin' the new digital camera.  :bigsmyl:

Offline Ranger58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2005, 12:46:00 AM »
Scott,
There's no time like the present to put together some "Nutters".  It don't take no rocket science!  Simple job and they fly fairly well too.  Wait till ya see some of my creations, you'll bust a gut!  You make sure you get over come #@!! or high water, and meet everyone.  I think that is going to be the biggest kick of it all.  I've been readin posts from everyone for over a year and I only have one face to a Nick so far.  Can't wait to meet ya'll!  
L8r
Gary
Pecker, sent ya an email!
Stickbows, Sidelocks and Flyrods, anything to make it more of a challenge!

Bear Kodiak 50@28 “the girl”
Palmer Classic w/ 50@28 and 56@27 limbs
58 Kodiak 45@28
Kodiak 59'er 50@28
1958 Pearson Hunter dual shelf 45@28
and my original longbow I used as a kid.

Offline Linc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2005, 04:27:00 AM »
S'getty and applesauce.Never tried that combo?But I'm game.Doc,could you email me your addy?

I'm still waiting to hear from Hackbow.I'll be coming in with him.

I ain't gotno nutters! But I do have plenty of arras to lose.LOL.
Lincoln E. Farr

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2005, 01:37:00 PM »
Guys/Gals,

Don't be counting on me counting up all the posts here for Fri or Sat am mouths to feed, please... PLEASE email me. Just click on my li'l rolodex card up top this post and you'll find my link for email.

Linc,

You want to fetch up salad, or french bread, or vino, you bring it on. I'm just gonna bring some sauce I can eat (allergic to anything with onion in or around it) and few pounds of sghets noodles.  Just gotta get a handle on how many for Fri. and then Sat breakfast!

Then I gotta get a handle on Breakfast.  I'll get a slug of scrapple, few doz eggs and some bread for toast.

Anyone wants to add on to that, feel free.

Whatever it costs, we'll just count the grinning faces and divide.  No money needed in advance.

Course, Ole Ranger got the big bucks for the cheateau on his CC so he'd appreiciate advance payment!

I know you'll pay me when you smell them victuals cookin!  :)  If'n anyone comes to hunt Fri and kilts something...we can fricasse it up with the sghets.   :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline kyle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2005, 01:51:00 PM »
HEY DOC.....who's bringin' the nutters?????  Don't tell me y'all gonna have a good ole fashun skwerril killin and ain't gonna have nutters en mass!!!  Heck, someone needs to go to home depot or lowes and clean 'em out of 3/8 dowels and 7/16 nuts.  You ain't GOT to plane 'em if'n you keep em long enough.  They'll fly....trust me.  y'all need to show them PA bushytails what the power of the nutter truly is.  

GARY-  Now if you truly are the PA GNN rep, then its your responsibility ......nay ....... your DUTY to represent us well.  show 'em how to make nutters.  Bring Nutter Butter cookies.  bash a milk jug around camp with a nutter.  Heck bounce 'em off some trees and BY GOLLY you'd better take out a bushytail with a nutter!!!  Step up and Rep-REEE-Sent!!  Make me proud man.

Kyle
WWJD

Offline kyle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2005, 01:56:00 PM »
Hmmmmm ......how far is this event from Clarksville TN?????
WWJD

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2005, 03:46:00 PM »
Right fer piece up over'n hill and round the first 3 corners or so.

I got some yankee dude nutters...on chundo shafts! I might just as well take pics as shoot long... I think the pics might be half the fun!

:)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Snakeeater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2005, 04:56:00 PM »
Kyle,

Just 10.5 hours to cover the 656.9 miles between Clarksville, TN and Manns Choice, PA.  A nice drive in the country.  I got the numbers from Mapblast.  Ya' didn't think I made that trip every day did ya'?
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2005, 09:40:00 PM »
TTT for them eaters to email me.  

Check in for Friday supper and Sat Breakfast.

George Stoudt--yer my "guest" for both meals for setting this up! Ya comin?  Doh...to the meals, of course!  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©