INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Great Pennsylvania Squirrel Hunt 2005  (Read 19011 times)

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Great Pennsylvania Squirrel Hunt 2005
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2005, 10:56:00 PM »
Doc,

You mean you are actually going to shoot your bow?

I don't think I have ever seen you launch an arrow.

I see you at shoots. You carry a bow. I just thought you walked around talking all the time. ROFLMAO!
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2005, 11:26:00 PM »
Awwww... Lohr, that just ain't RIGHT!  

Asz ok..let me fix ya some special eggs'n scrapple Sat!   :eek:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Dale Hajas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2005, 11:26:00 PM »
Doc I'll be bringin' some home made soup, either vegie or mushroom. We can feed on it either day.

Might even find some pawnhoss-n-syrup to nibble upon!

YUM YUM I'm gettin heartburn already!

Gary please email me!!
"So long as the new moon returns in Heaven a bent, beautiful bow,
so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2005, 11:33:00 PM »
For the most part, brings what  ya wants to eat.

For them what email me, I'll bring enough stuff for Spaghetti on Fri nite and Eggs/scrapple on Sat AM.  We can divvy up the costs for them two meals among what eats...just let me know via email whose fixing on eating with us for them two times so's I can buy enough.

I figure fer lunch, we all can bring what pisin ya like stuffin in yer own gullet.

Sat nite is BYODM (bring yer own dead meat) and we'll cook it off somehow indoor or out.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Ranger58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2005, 12:36:00 AM »
Kyle,
I'm actually taking some "Nutters" for the less than fortunate or the dowel challenged!  I figure that the one with the longest harvest will pick up an extra half dozen.  Maybe the one who harvests the most or the one who looses the most should also get a pick me up half dozen.  You should attend this all important GNN function don't you think!  There's goin a be "Nutters" flying everywhere!  Maybe we can get the local news affiliate to produce a short segment on the comins together of the GNN for this squirrel hunt!  I think the possibilities are endless.  
Dale, sent ya an email!  Didn't know what it was supposed have in it; but, I sent it anyway!  
L8r
Stickbows, Sidelocks and Flyrods, anything to make it more of a challenge!

Bear Kodiak 50@28 “the girl”
Palmer Classic w/ 50@28 and 56@27 limbs
58 Kodiak 45@28
Kodiak 59'er 50@28
1958 Pearson Hunter dual shelf 45@28
and my original longbow I used as a kid.

Offline frankb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2005, 01:22:00 AM »
Anyone know where I can get a blaze orange hard hat...?

Gonna be "raining nuts" here in a few weeks....  :D

-Frankb
"Until we meet again, may the Great Spirit make sunrise in your heart." ~Author Unknown~

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2005, 09:29:00 AM »
Beastmaster...Can you get word to Scotty and Erik?  How about Johnny H. and the gang?  I haven't seen them since I've been overnights at work.  

Others:  There's a market about two miles from the rental house if anyone needs to pick up and extra eggs, bacon, etc.  I know how archers eat when they get talkin'!

Offline Ranger58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2005, 09:50:00 AM »
Frank,
Now you're a talkin!  Somewhere it was said that a "Nutters" weren't for shootin up, I on the other hand like it when my nutters shoot up!  
George.... You better tell them there, to fill up the shelves before we get there!  
Any word on a shirt for this adventure?
Lookin forward to the get together!
L8r
Gary
Stickbows, Sidelocks and Flyrods, anything to make it more of a challenge!

Bear Kodiak 50@28 “the girl”
Palmer Classic w/ 50@28 and 56@27 limbs
58 Kodiak 45@28
Kodiak 59'er 50@28
1958 Pearson Hunter dual shelf 45@28
and my original longbow I used as a kid.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2005, 09:57:00 AM »
Gawd! We;re gonna have to get up at 4AM just to do all this cookin eating and jawin!  :)

I got an email from one guy said it's to be very warm. Bring thermacells or permanone...ticks'll be hatchin!   :bigsmyl:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline kyle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2005, 10:25:00 AM »
Good LAWD....10.5 hours?  I may have to just be there in spirit....plus I ain't eatin no scrapple.  Just can't do it.  Y'all can have that stuff and I'm glad for you'ns that like it.  I'll just be proud known that there's nutters flying and skwerrils .....well....at least duckin.  When is this shin-dig officially kickin off??

Kyle
WWJD

Offline Snakeeater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2005, 10:51:00 AM »
Saturday, January 22nd.  Some of us will be in the woods on Friday afternoon.
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2005, 11:41:00 AM »
Doc,  I'll just be happy not to wade through 25 inches of crusted snow like last year.  Kyle....I've slept 10 and 1/2 hours already and it didn't seem to take that long 8^).   George

Offline kyle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2005, 12:12:00 PM »
LMAO George.  I ain't slept that much in the last two days!!  I've got a little baby in the house tho who seems to think he needs to eat every so often tho.  

I'll try an figger out if there's any possible way for me to get there, tho I wouldn't count on anything just now.  I can handle 5 or 6 hours in the car no problem but sheesh....y'alls a long way from here.

Kyle
WWJD

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »
Now...fer a s'uthin boy, Kyle, yer sorta tickular about yer grits, aintcha?  Scrapple just some hog mixed with cornpone... sorta.

No worse than chitlins, cracklins, fatback and freakin slimy-bad-cold-yuk biled okra! :eek:  

If Van/Tx was a comin, I'd fetch along some "sweetbreads" just for him. Shouldn't take more'n 3 of us to tie him down and hold his nose to make him swaller some.  I'm bettin he'd like er well nuff...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline kyle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2005, 03:17:00 PM »
No worse than chitlins, cracklins, fatback and freakin slimy-bad-cold-yuk biled okra!  
heck I don't eat that cr@p either 'cept fer maybe the cracklins.  Okra is meant to be fried not boiled.  Ain't never et no chitlins, and I never found no fatback I couldn't do without.

Kyle
WWJD

Offline frankb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »
Eat chit'lins... man... can't even stand the smell of them being boiled.  Fried?   Maybe... doubt it though... let alone eat'n um. I'd rather slam my bow hand in a car door... twice.

-frankb
"Until we meet again, may the Great Spirit make sunrise in your heart." ~Author Unknown~

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »
George, I already talked to Scott & Erik. We went "roving" last Saturday, first time in a VERY long time. It sounds like they will be there. I haven't seen Johnny since last summer. I'll tell Scott to get hold of him.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline Nightstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2005, 09:17:00 PM »
George, just sent you an email for particulars.....Yeah Doc, me and Mike are gonna try and make it. Hope your Christmas went well and a Happy New Year to ya.

Mike and I are gonna make that Pennsylvania Longbow Association Cabin Fever Pheasant hunt the 11th and 12th of Feb. We get home that Sunday and we are off to Georgia with some Maryland boys to hunt wild hogs at Horse Creek WMA that Wed.

If we don't see you at the GPSH then we'll be looking for you at Whittingham or Warriors Mark.

You going to make the Baltimore Bowman shoot this year?

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2005, 10:57:00 AM »
Not sure about Baltimore.  I work a wierd schedule and have to pick and chose my weekends with either comp days or vacation time.  Retail management is not for those who like weekends off.

Offline Snakeeater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2005, 11:10:00 AM »
George, the Baltimore shoot runs from Thursday afternoon through Sunday at noon.  If you cannot make it down for the weekend think about coming down Saturday afternoon/evening, share a meal, sit around a campfire with us, and then do some shooting Sunday morning before heading home.
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©