INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Littlefeather hunt update!!!  (Read 10277 times)

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Littlefeather hunt update!!!
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2005, 07:45:00 AM »

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2005, 08:06:00 AM »
That's it! I'm leaving for Texas today, slow trip through MO (UBM) and a dang work seminar in SA, then lookout whatever is left after Curtis and Wes got done. Well come on, did ya find the javie before the coyotes?

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2005, 09:06:00 AM »
Nice story...game hog!!!  :D
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2005, 09:08:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing.

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »
Awe com'on Curtis, heck with all dem hogs and javis, let's see those rocks ya picked up!!   :D    :D
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2005, 10:38:00 AM »
Cccccaaaannnn''tttt sssttoooppp ssshhhhaaakkkkinn....31days, 1hour, 22minutes, 18seconds and counting.

Dang, I needed that update like a hole in the head. I'll never get any work done now.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Jumper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2005, 10:48:00 AM »
COME ON CURTIS, FINISH THE STORY!!!!! What happens next!
"With God, all things are possible"

Offline Rangeball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2005, 10:58:00 AM »
Originally posted by Jumper:
COME ON CURTIS, FINISH THE STORY!!!!! What happens next!
Last thing he posted-  
For now, Im willing to fight for a hot shower. CK
I'm not sure I want to hear what happens next  :)
Genesis 9:3
Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.  Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2005, 11:11:00 AM »
EEEEWwwwwwwww, Rangeball! Ya didn't have to go there!   "[dead]"
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline NEW GUY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2005, 12:29:00 PM »
Yeah, yall are freakin killin me too.  I'm gettin so jazzed up between the florida and texas killin spree, I can't hardly stand it.

Can't wait to hear the rest of the story.
"Good Judgement comes from experience, and alot of that comes from Bad Judgement."

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2005, 01:43:00 PM »
A hot shower was absolutely priceless after all day in the cold, misting rain, mud and wind. I would have traded my most prized bow for some hot water by the time darkness fell.

Wes and I fixed some greasy, hot tamales with home made hot sauce for dinner. No more "Dog Food"! We both lounged around and talked of the hunt we were on and those to come in the future. We talked bow designs, failures and accomplishments. Somehow my mind kept creeping back to the downed javalina and how it was raining lightly outside. My worries ran deep even though I knew the javi had taken my best shot. He had to be right where he had made the death howl.

With all these thoughts racing through my mind, I found sleep a hard thing to acquire. I have lived this same turn of events many times but the wait never seems to get any easier. It is the roller-coaster syndrome that I speak of so often. The emotional ups and downs that keep the soul in a state of unrest. It is the very thing I live for!

Although Wes and I did not set an alarm clock for the final morning, I awoke with the enthusiasm of a kid on Christmas morn. It was game time but it was also raining harder than it had all weekend. Well, this switched my gears back to low and I decided to drink coffee awhile while Wes went and pounded a few water logged bunnies outside.

An hour later Wes and I found ourselves replaying the same series of events from the morning before. Turn the Texas Music up real loud for a navigation aid while in the brush. As Wes covered one side of a little wash I covered the other. It took an eternity of looking through the thickest brush imaginable but somehow we had emerged victorious.

Another hot shower was most certainly in order if I was to avoid hyperthermia. I was as cold and wet as I could get without collapse. No feeling in my hands or feet. It was time to dry out, clean up camp, and head back into a hectic, daily grind.

As Wes and I prepared for our departure from this land of bowhunting magic, our minds swirrled with a jumble of events that ran together into a blurr. Wow, it seems like a far away dream to think back a couple of days ago when we first drove through the gates. I couldn't help but grin ear to ear as I watched Wes hopscotch the mud holes for the last time, on this way to unlock the gates. We had set our sites on adventure months before as we planned this hunt but the adventure we dreamed of was pale in comparison to what we had found. This was a Diamond of a hunt that I wish for all you guys to experience. I wish for all your future adventures to be as good to you as ours was to us. Thanks for comming along for the cyber ride. It was my honor to be your driver. CK

If looking to book a hunt in South Texas please dont overlook Jerry Gonzales @  http://www.pedernalbowhunts.com/.  Tell him Littlefella sent you. Please respect his proberties, pick up your trash, be safe, and save a few critters for me. I'll be back!

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2005, 01:58:00 PM »
Thanks for the story. It sounded like a heck of a fun time.

Offline Dirteater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2005, 02:47:00 PM »
Great story!

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2005, 02:50:00 PM »
Good one Curtis. Thanks for the tale of glory and triumph over hogs, javies and dangerous rabbits. Hope you dry out and warm up.

Offline sidebuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »
I might of missed it but what ranch on they hunting on?

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2005, 03:32:00 PM »
Glad to see you had a good hunt. Perhaps that hog #5 scent you were mentioning was really Javi in heat! Looks like it worked. I dusted off the GPS and will see if I can figure it out again before we get down there. Thanks for the cyber hunt.
hunt it

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2005, 04:07:00 PM »
Im not publishing Ranch names or Ranch owner names. If you wish to hunt this ranch or several others that are available you may contact Jerry. He knows me pretty well now and can help with any special needs. Thanks, Curtis

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »
absolutely cool CK. Thanks for the read along, and congrats on finding the javie!
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Tom D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2005, 06:13:00 PM »
Thanks for the hunt Curtis!

TomD

Offline Viper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2005, 06:21:00 PM »
Curtis,
THANKS for the hunt. You keep this up you'll have enough material for a book: chapter1--camp cooking; chapter2--hog killin; chapter3--javie huntin; chapter4--lectricity.

Dave

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©