INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 2005 Southern NY Bunny Hunt  (Read 31446 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2005 Southern NY Bunny Hunt
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »
Curt sounds good. I can finally shoot and not hurt to bad. The arm is healing. Next weekend will be good, we may even get to shootat a bunny or two!! OOOHHH YEAHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2005, 09:42:00 AM »
I took Sonny out Sat morning after or ski trip Thur/Fri and he found a couple prizes at the end of his loops.They got fried up in olive oil last night mmmmmmmmmmm good!! I,ll try to get a few more to make some bunny jerky again but no promises since I tend to take the bow more than the cannon.Sat I used the cannon so next time it,ll be my LB

Bob, sounds good maybe we can hook up this weekend for a little hound music.Both the bunnies I got Sat were because Sonny brought them around it was very cool waiting for the dog to find his prize at the end of the trail
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »
Tom, that is sweet. We got some snow and I am about to takea little walk and see if I can't kick out a bunny or two. I will have the curve. It is getting late so it will be a quick walk!! Curt, I am ready for the weekend and we have snow and it will be staying around, as it is gonna get real cold. 20 below wind chills tonight. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2005, 05:13:00 AM »
Why does it seem like it gets cold when I come up??  Should be fun.There's a 3D in Saugerties sunday that some Tger's are going to.I'll e mail ya bud.
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2005, 06:02:00 PM »
I could do that if ya want. I am fixin to start getting a list together of who is bring what. Not getting many hits here lately. Are you guys huntin' or what. I have been at least 10 times, but will admit only 3 times with the bow. we have killed 40 or so, give or take a few. I have not even hunted some of the best spots, saving them for the hunt. I have a multi flora rose patch waiting for Swampbuck and me to go in and tear up and vice-versa!(LOL!!) Shawn
Shawn

Online 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2005, 06:13:00 PM »
Shawn,I will be up on sat,working on a broadhead knive for the table..let me know what you need.If you can make it come down sunday a few of us are going to a 3d shoot.WE can brake some arrows together...ED
Put some air under it.

Offline sleepyhollow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2005, 06:50:00 PM »
Hey Shawn, i may be back up again this year, will be coming with a friend of mine that works for the town, depends on if we get snow down here or not that weekend will be the deciding factor if he can make it as he would probably have to plow.
Have an item or two for the prize table as well, save us some bunnies   :thumbsup:

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2005, 07:02:00 PM »
You gonna save us any Shawn?  :smileystooges:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »
Prize table is looking good, but I was talking food. Start letting me know by this weekend, so I can post a list so we do not have too much of one thing. Jeremy, I am trying to get my brothers and dad to save us some, we are hunting different spots so we have some for the hunt. Ed, I am waiting to hear from Curt too see about the shoot. I have a new bow coming and it should be here Sat., if it is I will probably be breaking a bunch of arrows on Sunday. Sleepy looking forward to having ya!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: January 19, 2005, 07:47:00 AM »
Another "new bow"    :scared:    "[tunglaff]"  Dang Shawn how many is that now?? I,ll do up a crock of sausage with peppers and onions like last yr.Actually my wife will do that I,ll just be a transport LOL

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: January 19, 2005, 09:03:00 AM »
Also remember that won,t help for Sat since at this point I won,t be there for Sat,s action

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2005, 08:17:00 PM »
Tom, I only have 6 bows. I was doing alot of trading and stuff, but I have setted in a bit. My Blacktail is unbelievable. Tha is Ok about foo. I will be just as hungry on Sunday. It is a month away and I cannot wait. I new I started this thread too early, it is going slow!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: January 19, 2005, 09:28:00 PM »
Ed, I want to know where the shoot is?? Shawn
Shawn

Offline Nanook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: January 19, 2005, 11:59:00 PM »
Shawn never too early to be thinkin bout a good time. Some of us just been lurken. Will bring something to eat not on the list and a case of soft drinks.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2005, 12:00:00 AM »
Shawn...how about this Saturday afternoon I make the drive up to deliver the goods. I have to be in Saugerties picking up shafts and was going to head up to your area. After Exit 23...how far down and what road do I make the right turn on? I got a short term memory.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2005, 05:36:00 AM »
Joe, I might be seeing Shawn this weekend.Either at his house or at the shoot at highwoods.But it all depends on the weather and work,I'll let ya know if I'm going.Maybe I could save ya some driving.

Shawn, The shoot is in Saugerties.Highwoods sportsman club.
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2005, 12:23:00 PM »
Curt, Ed, Shawn... depending on whether we get this snowstorm Sunday or not. I plan to be at Highwoods Sunday, as well. Hope it doesn't snow.... been looking forward to it.
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »
I've been looking forward to shooting Sunday too.  Every radio station has a different forecast - any where from a dusting to feet of snow.
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »
Joe, Call me Friday night. I will e-mail ya my #. The same as Curt said. If we get the snow Sat. night I will be working Sunday, but Saturday afternoon would be good, if you are coming this way, I could meet ya at my Dads. Curt, do the same, Call me Friday night. I took a walk this afternoon and saw a few bnnies sunning themselves. It was 13 degrees and windchill was 5 below, you gotta Love It!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2005, 04:23:00 PM »
Fran, ya staying the night or ya getting a room with the lady. Mel is coming right?? Cool Beans!!  Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©