INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 2005 Southern NY Bunny Hunt  (Read 31433 times)

Offline Walkingstick

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2005 Southern NY Bunny Hunt
« Reply #280 on: February 11, 2005, 10:54:00 AM »
Yep Hook, I always knew she was quite a gal after we invaded your home and I saw everyone walking over your new hardwood floors. I even thanked her for that if you remember.

Guru.....were those rabbits killed with a bow in one day? You guys must have seen a ton of them. Now I know why when the gang shows up we only move 20 or 30...LOL Dang I am going to miss this event. More especially those secret tree stands. A miracle, maybe a miralcle will happen. I will be keeping tags on you all. Will miss seeing everyone....Mac~
" I always hunt with two other companions even though I mostly hunt alone - God and my dad."
God's love is like an ocean..one can see the beginning but not the end.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #281 on: February 12, 2005, 05:55:00 AM »
SHHHHHHHHH........Be vewy,vewy qwiet(whispering)Don't let the other moderators find out.No,mac that is just a pic to show the potential  of the areas Shawn has to hunt.We killed those the weekend after the bunny hunt last year.I think there was 5 of us hunting.A lot of bunnies got away too! We will be into a bunch of bunnies.  Lets just hope for a little snow before then,and good weather next weekend!!!!!  

I hope I don't get in twouble   :bigsmyl:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #282 on: February 12, 2005, 10:51:00 AM »
WE NEED SNOW!!! PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!! Mac, we saw 40 that day or more and plenty were missed!! We will miss you!!  Shawn
Shawn

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #283 on: February 12, 2005, 03:55:00 PM »
Maybe it's time to start setting a few ground rules for the hunt.Two from last years hunt.

1. No broadheads allowed during the hunt.There's a lot of guys and it's a lot safer this way.Blunts,judos,nuts,homemade bunny busters,etc...

2.It would be nice if everyone wore something that has some bright color.At least a hat.Blaze,red,yellow,orange,whatever as long as we can see ya.Hat,vest,jacket,etc...lets be safe.

Those are 2 I can think of right now.Shawn,can ya think of anything else.Anyone have any suggestions???
Curt } >>--->   

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #284 on: February 12, 2005, 06:03:00 PM »
Orange is good!!! I like Orange!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #285 on: February 12, 2005, 06:45:00 PM »
QUESTION: How Many Arrows Are You Folks Bringing With You????? I'm coming up Sunday for the hunt,My bowquiver holds 5 arrows. Realisticly, Should I bring more??? Are we gonna have a Lunch/Reload time???

Happy Hunting!!!   Chuck
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #286 on: February 12, 2005, 07:15:00 PM »
Swamp, Good news, Bad news. We got in a bad car wreck thursday night.Everones ok just bumps and bruises. I won't be going on the work trip as a result. However I will have to work Saturday until one in place of the person going on the trip in my place. So we can leave after I get home. Let me know if Meats going. I may not be able to shoot my bow much as my shoulder took a good hit but still want to go.
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Walkingstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #287 on: February 12, 2005, 08:58:00 PM »
Bob, Sorry to hear about the accident and glad you are OK.  :thumbsup:  

Curt...sssshhhhhhhhhhh!   ;)  OK Man that's still aload of stew...I would still have beagles if we had rabbits liket that around here. I hope Iwas vewy quiet.  :D  ....Mac~
" I always hunt with two other companions even though I mostly hunt alone - God and my dad."

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #288 on: February 12, 2005, 08:59:00 PM »
No more safety tips, but arrows, you better bring all ya got. I wasted 5 arrows on the steel alone last year. Bob, hope ya are OK!! I am setting some things up tomorrow. It is lookin' good, we may get a bit of snow Thursday. That would really help!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #289 on: February 12, 2005, 09:19:00 PM »
Now when you say "the steel" are you talking about a chunk of plate steel with a circle cut out of it, or a steel target like on a rifle range?  If it's the latter, no prob, I won't come close to hitting it, but if it's the former, I better make another dozen arrows!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Meathook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #290 on: February 12, 2005, 09:43:00 PM »
Bob, glad you all are OK.   I should be good to go.  Just let me know how you guys want to work it.  I can meet you guys somewhere or you guys can come here either way is good.
"Go ahead and run ya gotta sleep sometime." - Meathook's Mom

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #291 on: February 12, 2005, 10:51:00 PM »
Bob, Glad you're OK bud.Scary stuff!!

So,I was just thinkin about what kind of bow you all are bringing.That's half the fun,tryin' out a bunch of bows  :bigsmyl:  .

So,what are you guys bringing????  

Any lefties for me to try???  :wavey:  

Looks like I'll just have my Kwyk Styk(Ol'Reliable).I suppose i could bring my old original Schafer Silvertip(Ol' Painless) that Paul made for me in '86 if any lefties are interested in shooting it.It's an awesome bow!
Curt } >>--->   

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #292 on: February 12, 2005, 11:41:00 PM »
Now That you mention it, Curt. I did not want to brag, but my new Checkmate Falcon arrived friday. I know it is a little light for you 50@28, but man is it sweet and fast.

Bryan

Offline Walkingstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #293 on: February 13, 2005, 12:47:00 AM »
Now he offers to bring all them bows to shoot...I ain't coming. Curt, next time (I know there will be a next time) I would love to shoot one of Paul's Silvertips. I had planned on bringing my treestick from acadian, a Dakota and both my Pronhorns, the recurve and the longbow. There will be a next time. PS Curt, did you send that email? was I right??  Bryan, I would have loved to try that one too. I have a hunter but always interested in trying different ones. I am glad Shawn isn't left handed because from one week to the next I would have no idea what I was going to be shooting...He gets this disease like bow disorder every winter and I have no cure for that other than another bow. Shawn will have owned them all before I ever get to trying them all in my lifetime....Just pickin Shawn..kinda like the treestands....Mac~

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #294 on: February 13, 2005, 02:49:00 AM »
I'll be there for the Sunday hunt...I'll be shooting my Bow River Summit T/D, maybe bring the GN Bushbow and my Stealth T/D for backup. Leaving the Groves and Massie Longbow home....
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Online 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #295 on: February 13, 2005, 06:27:00 AM »
I'll be up sat,will bring my widow sa and my massie longhorn,and plenty of arrows.Getting close boys.  :thumbsup:
Put some air under it.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #296 on: February 13, 2005, 06:33:00 AM »
Ed,tryin to talk Birdman into breakin out the recurve for the weekend.We talked at work today,said "I just might"    we'll see.Good luck today!!
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #297 on: February 13, 2005, 08:42:00 AM »
I think it would be cool to get a little trading blanket going for the weekend.Maybe have a table just trade some goodies.Hmmmm...one table probably won't be big enough....any thoughts???

If it's a bad idea,then I'll be quiet  :knothead:    :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #298 on: February 13, 2005, 08:49:00 AM »
I think that would be a great idea Curt, I'm sure I've got something laying around to trade.  I'm going to have to stay away from that steel plate shoot, there is no way I have enough arrows for that.  :scared:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #299 on: February 13, 2005, 09:30:00 AM »
David,Ya gotta try it at least once   :scared:    "[tunglaff]"
Curt } >>--->   

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©