INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 2005 Southern NY Bunny Hunt  (Read 31428 times)

Offline Mark Fedrizzi

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2005 Southern NY Bunny Hunt
« Reply #300 on: February 13, 2005, 09:33:00 AM »
Bob--Glad to hear everyone is OK..

I will be bringing My Selway LB, dreamcatcher and older kodiak Mag..

As far as arras'--whatever I can fit into 2 back quivers-------That steel plate is brutal--but lots of fun----I would like to see how ash or purpleheart would hold up to it, alum and carbon go to the recycle bin!!!!  :scared:    :(  

Hard to believe we are less than a week away..

Curt---a trading blanket sounds good--I have a couple of things too bring..

BJK, ED (3d Muzzy) Scott (southpawshooter)--what are your plans--if it is the 4 of us we can meet and take my truck---

Mark
Keep Em' In The Kill Zone

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #301 on: February 13, 2005, 06:07:00 PM »
OK Guy, I just got home. I as up to Dads getting ready.I cleaned up the yard and got the shooting area ready. I have some things to run by you all. First, I know there is some nice stuff being donatd, a self-bow(Me), arrows(Joe Skipp) some nice hunting pants(Mom+Dad)a Broadhead knife and a bunch of smaller items. The smaller stuff ie. hunting gloves(6-8 pairs)knocks, blunts, field tips, we will use as prizes for breaking a balloon, or hitting the flying target, but the bows, pants, arrows we will have a raffle $5 an arm length or $10 a wing span and take the proceeds and give them to Thunder, as he does a lot for the kids!!! We should be able to get him a couple hundred I figure. I also have a bow for whoever kills the first bunny and 4 nutters to go with it!! Does this sound OK to everyone?? For the guys staying we will be in good shape, plenty of room, we could sleep up to 30 so we are good. My Dad is making a venison stew and a big pot of venison chili. I am getting a 6ft. sub and some wings. We may hav aguy coming who just found our site and lives in my home town, he owns a bar, so he may bring some cold ones!! The steel is a piece of plate steel with a 3.5" hole in it, we put a balloon behind the hole on a hay bale, break it, you pick something from the prize table. I shot some aerials today with some Flu-Flus Joe Skipp made, oops they did not slow real quick, I put a couple out over the runway!! For you guys new to the hunt, we hunt a small airport with about 60-70 planes and a big run-way. My Dad said "Just shoot this way, they won't go too far" next line"Oh sh$t, you better only half draw!!" I got a new bow for the hunt I figured Mac(Walkingsick)would be disappointed if I didn't. It is a Super Shrew Deluxe and it shoots nice, Frank and I made a trade(Sticshooter) nice bow!! I set up some bales and a deer target and the arrow eating steel. I have also two bags to bring up as well!! I am gonna post some mileage from the Thru-Way and such tomorrow. Wal-marts is open 24 hrs. and I am gonna stop in and let them know some guys may be coming in Sat. Morning for OOS licenses. I will put out balloons at the turns from US-9W and the turn right by my Dads house. I will be back, I gotta go cut he meat for dinner!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #302 on: February 13, 2005, 06:19:00 PM »
Thanks everybody. I will bring my Seven Lakes longbow. Yes Shawn I got it back and am keeping it! Meat do you plan on going up Sat night ? I havent talked to Swamp this weekend. Shawn could you email your dads address ? last year I think Tom and took some wrong turns. Also what is a good time to get there Saturday night ? Not sure what time lights out is. Are you having a campfire ?
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Meathook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #303 on: February 13, 2005, 06:26:00 PM »
Bob, I think the plan is that the three of us are riding together. I can go whenever I am flexable like a rubber band.
"Go ahead and run ya gotta sleep sometime." - Meathook's Mom

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #304 on: February 13, 2005, 06:49:00 PM »
Imay do a campfire, I hav plenty of wood and a nice spot to do it!! So guys do you want a fire?? Anytime is fine, I would imagine we will be in bed anytime from 11 to mid-night, but we will leave a light on for ya, if you are later. The address is 16 Old School Rd. Selkirk NY 12158. If ya get off at exit 23 of the NYS T-way it is only two turns once you are on 9W. I will post directions from the the exit tomorrow!! That 7 Lakes is a sweet bow, and it has been on all the Trad-gang bunny hunts here in NY. It is shaping up as a real good hunt,  could use some snow, but the weather is gonna be good either way. The bunnies better look out!!! OOOOOHHHHH YEAHHHHHH!!!  Shawn
Shawn

Offline Meathook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #305 on: February 13, 2005, 06:52:00 PM »
Man Bob, Tom must have been lost because he said it takes 5.5 hours I would think you can make it in 4 or less but maybe I drive a little faster.    "[tunglaff]"
"Go ahead and run ya gotta sleep sometime." - Meathook's Mom

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #306 on: February 13, 2005, 06:56:00 PM »
OK, I just saw Thunders post!! That kills me, but I will respect his wishes. We will donate any monies to the ST. Judes fund!! Meat, ya can do it in 4, pretty easy!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #307 on: February 13, 2005, 07:09:00 PM »
Meat it was snowing like crazy when Tom and I drove it both ways ! Plus I think we took a long cut.
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #308 on: February 13, 2005, 07:29:00 PM »
Bob, you guys should not have a problem. Type in the addy above and it should bring ya right to the door. It is cool you 3 wll be coming!! Tom, if ya bring Sonny, which you should, just let him pee before he comes in the house, he can sleep with you!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #309 on: February 13, 2005, 09:24:00 PM »
I am bringing this up before bed. The Pro-Bowl is lousy and I am getting tired!! It is less than a week away and I am gonna explode!! OOOHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!  Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #310 on: February 14, 2005, 06:34:00 AM »
OOOOHHHHH YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #311 on: February 14, 2005, 06:38:00 AM »
Here it comes, four more and a wakeup!!!!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #312 on: February 14, 2005, 11:29:00 AM »
Bob,gald to hear everybody,s ok.

My wife and I where out of town for the weekend thats why I didn,t get ahold of ya.I,ll call tonight maybe(valentines ya know LOL)if not tomorrow night.

Shawn I,ve got a doz cedar shafts spined in 60-65 that I,m bringin for the table.I,ll also make that same dish as last yr.
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #313 on: February 14, 2005, 11:49:00 AM »
I'm bringing leather for handle wraps and some of Torges trade points for the table... getting excited just thinking about it!   -Jeremy
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #314 on: February 14, 2005, 12:33:00 PM »
Mark,

Hooking up and traveling together would be great.  Let me know where and when and I'll be there.

Ooooh Baby, it's gettin' close!!!!!
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #315 on: February 14, 2005, 12:51:00 PM »
Shawn...looks like myself and Steve McDonald will be arriving around 7:45 am on Sunday. I don't want to hold up anyone if your planning on heading out earlier...is this too late or are we ok? If you don't shoot those flu-flu's at a 45 degree angle they wouldn't go so far!!! Toss the disk higher...Be talking to ya....
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #316 on: February 14, 2005, 12:59:00 PM »
Hi, Joe.... I don't know whether Chuck is going at this point or not. I hope he still can. But, definitely. I can pick you up at your place for the trip. Never been.. so looking forward to it.
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #317 on: February 14, 2005, 02:59:00 PM »
Steve,Joe, Should be able to let you guys know for sure Friday night. Still thinking possitive though,even got my fingers crossed!!! If I only knew where I put my Lucky Rabbit Foot LOL!!!!!

I'll be in touch, Happy Hunting!!!   Chuck
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #318 on: February 14, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »
Joe, that will be fine, by the time we eat and shoot some to warm up, it will be 9 at least before we head out. I have some DIRECTIONS from exit 23 ofthe NYS Thru-way When you go thru the toll booth bare right and up unto Rte. 9W South, when you hit 9W it is exactly 5.6 miles to Creble Rd. Take a right an go exactly 1.5 miles to Old School Rd. take a left and look to your left, the airport is right there, my Dads place is 70yds. from the turn, it is a two story brown house. I will have ballons attached to some signs at each of those two intersections to give ya a heads up!! Anytime around 7am is fine, I will be there by 6:30. I should also say that there is a Wal-mart exactly 1.8 miles from when you exit the T-way and get on 9W, you can get licenses from there. I cannot wait it is getting close!! I will check in again shortly!!! OOOHHHHH YEAHHHHHH!!!  Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #319 on: February 14, 2005, 08:32:00 PM »
OOOOHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!! Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©