INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 2005 Southern NY Bunny Hunt  (Read 31422 times)

Offline LeeNY

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2005 Southern NY Bunny Hunt
« Reply #340 on: February 15, 2005, 07:32:00 PM »
Thanks Guys, I'll miss all those suicide committing bunnies. All the good conversation and eats. I'll really miss seeing old faces and meeting new. Have fun!!!!!!
I'll be there, if only in my mind!  :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #341 on: February 15, 2005, 09:12:00 PM »
Yep, the December season interests me. I love hunting turks with a bow. So if i can find an extra season to hunt them I'm loving it. We can talk more on sat.

Thanks Bryan

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #342 on: February 15, 2005, 10:00:00 PM »
I'm more intrested in hunting those big bucks ya got over there that time of yr.   :scared:   .Tough to see the bullet holes,(the white slash[in the dark branch] just above the arrows is where the bullet grazed my other leg,exit hole is about 4"above that)but you can see the reddish tint on the upper leg,OUCH!!!

4 Flu-Flu nutters,muskrat fur silencers I cut from a skin I tanned,and a wood arrow straightening "hook" I made out of a deer antler,and carved "trad gang bunny hunt '05".

Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #343 on: February 15, 2005, 10:36:00 PM »
Looks like I am going to miss out on this year's.  I'm really bummed...I'm sure gonna miss the fun.

Work and family stuff is keeping me out of it.

Hope all have a great time...I'm soooo jealous!  

To anyone going for the first time, man you are in for a good time!

Brian

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #344 on: February 16, 2005, 06:33:00 AM »
Curt, nice stuff!! Are ya giving the pants away, if so I want them cause I will frame them. I think they are actually lucky pants, things coul;d of been  a lot worse. The arrow straightener is real cool. Things are shaping up nicely, the weather is gonna turn real cold as well, at least we won't be huntin' in the mud and there is still some snow in the patches I hunt. It is gonna be like 10 degrees Sat. morning but warm up to 23-24 so that will make good huntin' weather. I cannot wait. I am getting the tables together and working on some type of gazebo to get under in case it is snowin!(LOL!!) Brian, sorry to here ya cannot make it , we walked out of that first piece together and that one bunny took us by surprise and neither of us got a shot, thats what we get for BS'in'  !! OOOOOOHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHH!!!  Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #345 on: February 16, 2005, 10:33:00 AM »
TOP!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #346 on: February 16, 2005, 12:38:00 PM »
Picked up my out-of state license last night.  Less than 3 days to blastoff!!!!!!!!!!
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #347 on: February 16, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »
This week can't possibly go any slower!!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #348 on: February 16, 2005, 01:06:00 PM »
Shawn,it looks like we,ll be there around the 7:00 hour which is cool that way we,ll have some socializing time before snooooooozing.I,ll be bringin the same dish as last yr and the doz shafts I said I,d put on the table anything else ya need??

I,m gonna see about getting a bunch of 20 yrd single spot targets incase some guys would like to take them and give the 300 round a try.It,s kinda fun and definatley an eye opener to how good ya really are
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Online 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #349 on: February 16, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »
If i shoot anything like i did at tollgate the wabbits don't have any worries.LOL...........ED
Put some air under it.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #350 on: February 16, 2005, 05:37:00 PM »
Does anyone who is coming to the hunt have a 58" recurve string.Dacron,cause i'm not sure if the bow is made for FF.It's 65#'s.

Maybe someone could make me string for it??I'll square up with ya when I see ya.

I just got a 58" 65# Grizzly in a trade and it came without a string.Looking forward to trying it out and letting anybody else try it if they want to.  

Help me out boys  :help:
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #351 on: February 16, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »
Oh yea,Ed ,occording to the results ,it looks like you shot just fine!! Enough to win $50  :bigsmyl:
Curt } >>--->   

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #352 on: February 16, 2005, 05:43:00 PM »
Curt:

I can make one for you, if you don't mind endless loop? Let me know, I will make it tonight. And right now I only have black.

bryan

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #353 on: February 16, 2005, 07:12:00 PM »
Curt I have one on the bow I am givig away at the hunt. You can use it. I also have a couple other 58"ers but they may be FF. I can tell if I look close at them. We are on the final turn!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Meathook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #354 on: February 16, 2005, 07:29:00 PM »
Unfortunately I don't have much to put on the table. I do have a good number of feed bags if anyone wants me to bring some for making "stuff" targets.

Curt if no one comes up with a string I have some Dacron in my kit and will make one up for you when we get there.  I am not the best string maker but I do make my own.
"Go ahead and run ya gotta sleep sometime." - Meathook's Mom

Offline Mark Fedrizzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #355 on: February 16, 2005, 07:49:00 PM »
Shawn--I have a new Gerber Hunting knife for the table......Mark
Keep Em' In The Kill Zone

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #356 on: February 16, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »
Curt, I'll twist a string up for you.  What colors do you want?
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #357 on: February 16, 2005, 08:46:00 PM »
Like I said in an earlier post, the table is not that important. Mark the knife, Joes arrows, a bow that I am gonna have everyone sign, and some of the other nice stuff, broadheads and what not I am gonna sell raffle tickets and we will donate the money to St. Judes. The prize table will have , some gloves, points, mini knives, and a bunch of trinkets just to get something if ya braek a ballon, or hit an aeriel. We are not gonna have much snow, but it will be cold so it won't be muddy. The bunnies better look out either way!! OOOOHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!  Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #358 on: February 16, 2005, 08:53:00 PM »
Two more days!!!!  Shawn, I have Monday off, and a bunch of vacation time left over from last year, you might just have trouble getting me to leave.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Meathook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #359 on: February 16, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »
I need to win one of the gloves I lost my #1 glove in a cyprus swamp in florida a couple weeks ago and after trudging through the swamp (crotch deep at times) then having to tread water while taking care of some "personal business" I wasn't about to turn around and go look for it. I am just glad it wasn't summer and the snakes weren't out.
"Go ahead and run ya gotta sleep sometime." - Meathook's Mom

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©