INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 2005 Southern NY Bunny Hunt  (Read 31385 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2005 Southern NY Bunny Hunt
« Reply #360 on: February 16, 2005, 09:24:00 PM »
Meat, not that type of glove, these are hunting gloves, although there is a large leather pair ya could use. David, I have Monday off too and will be hunting then as well!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #361 on: February 16, 2005, 09:31:00 PM »
Wow,you guys are the best!!!

Bryan, Thanks Bud,please don't take this wrong,but I would rather have a flemish.I appreciate it though  :thumbsup: .

Hook,I'd like to watch ya make one.If ya don't mind bringing your stuff.You can make a 60"er for my old Schafer.If ya don't feel like bringing your stuff:thumbsup:

Jeremy, Color doesn't matter at all.Like I said,I just got the bow,just want to try it out.Thanks

:thumbsup:  

Ok,another situation came up today.Does anybody have a half dozen 5/16th field pts.they can bring for me?Again,we can square up this weekend. Thanks guys
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Online 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #362 on: February 17, 2005, 02:58:00 AM »
Curt,I have some points will bring them with me glue on,s right?......ED
Put some air under it.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #363 on: February 17, 2005, 03:14:00 AM »
Curt...did you pick up the shafts/feathers/nocks tonight? When I left for work around 5:20, they were still in my shop...
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #364 on: February 17, 2005, 05:17:00 AM »
Yes Ed,5/16th glue on,Thanks

Got um Joe,Thanks   But,I need to switch those feathers for any thing rt wing.I don't have a lt wing fletcher anymore.Can ya leave something for me,I'll bring the others back.I'll call ya today bud.Joe,do you have any 5/16th fld pts???
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #365 on: February 17, 2005, 06:33:00 AM »
Are ya shooting 5/16ths off the new bow? Are ya ready for some bunny huntin??? OOOOOHHHHHH YEAHHHHHH!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #366 on: February 17, 2005, 07:44:00 AM »
Curt:

Nothing taken wrong at all. That is why I said endless. I know alot of people like flemish best. I just like the performance of endless better, so that is all I learned to make. A personal  choice just like arrows and bows.

Bryan

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #367 on: February 17, 2005, 08:33:00 AM »
Just a reminder it is gonna be cold to start off 8-10 degrees, buyt by the time we get huntin' it will be 20-25 degrees and that is warm when ya are waling and gruntin' thru the thick stuff, so dress in layers so ya can take stuff off!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Nanook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #368 on: February 17, 2005, 09:44:00 AM »
Well were getting down to the wire now   :D   Shawn a campfire would be nice, might help to keep things down to a mild roar in your parents house.
Do you have a glue as to the count? After over 300 posts I'm loseing track   :confused:  Will bring 2 cases pop some chips and pepper sticks & summer suasage from my deer. Melinda's got some muffens and brownies. Looks like we'll be there about 10:00 Sat. am

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #369 on: February 17, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »
No Shawn,I'm not shooting 5/16 shafts They are for someone else.
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #370 on: February 17, 2005, 07:03:00 PM »
Yeah,how many Sat. and then Sun.???

Awful quiet here  :(
Curt } >>--->   

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #371 on: February 17, 2005, 07:19:00 PM »
I will be there around 7-730 on Sat. And Sun.

Bryan

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #372 on: February 17, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »
It does seem quiet, but from what I have seen and heard it should be about the same as last year 20-25 people, but it does seem quiet. I have not heard from some guys who said they would be there earlier in the thread. I still figure a good turn out for both days. I also want to say i picked up another 100 acres, I have hunted it before and Curt has too, but I spoke to the farmer tonigt and he gave me the go ahead, so that is cool. It is right down the road by the house. We are getting snow flurries. Okay, I as I was typing this I did a count and we will have at least 17 and I am pretty sure I missed some, then Saturday night, we will have Swamp, Meat, and Bob coming in and Joe, woodchucker, and a few more. It is lookin' good.  We have plenty of wood and hay bales to sit on, we can build a nice Bon-Fire Saturday night, we may be able to shoot some at night too!! I cannot wait!! OOOHHHHH  YEAHHHHH!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #373 on: February 17, 2005, 07:33:00 PM »
I figure we will shoot and such until around noon, as some are not gonna arrive until 10 or so which is good. I have a spot close to the house to hunt and than another nottoo far, everyone remembers that one, it is the first spot we hunted last year. I figure that will get us through the first day and sunday we will hunt all around the house. I think the numbers will be good, forty guys would just be too many to try and hunt. We are getting flurries and I am hoping for a tad bit of snow, but there is some in the woods so the bunnies better watch out!! I will be at my parents around 7am, I will put the coffee on. I have the tables set and we cleared the living room and the porch for sleeping, for the guys who are staying the night, one more day and a two nights and we are there!! OOOOOHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #374 on: February 17, 2005, 07:36:00 PM »
One more day of work, and here I come!!!!  Seriously, I have been waiting for this since you had last years hunt, and I thank you Shawn, along with your parents for organizing this again and welcoming us into your home.  I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #375 on: February 17, 2005, 07:42:00 PM »
David, me too!! I just hope it goes well, not much I can do about it, but to kill some bunnies would be icing on the cake, the best part is just seeing everyone and hanging out!! OOOOHHHH YEAHHHHH! Shawn
Shawn

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #376 on: February 17, 2005, 08:06:00 PM »
somebody save me from looking through all these threads and please tell me what page directions or Shawns parents adress is on  :help:  

larry

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #377 on: February 17, 2005, 08:38:00 PM »
Larry,

Here are the directions that Shawn posted-

I have some DIRECTIONS from exit 23 ofthe NYS Thru-way When you go thru the toll booth bare right and up unto Rte. 9W South, when you hit 9W it is exactly 5.6 miles to Creble Rd. Take a right an go exactly 1.5 miles to Old School Rd. take a left and look to your left, the airport is right there, my Dads place is 70yds. from the turn, it is a two story brown house. I will have ballons attached to some signs at each of those two intersections to give ya a heads up!! Anytime around 7am is fine, I will be there by 6:30. I should also say that there is a Wal-mart exactly 1.8 miles from when you exit the T-way and get on 9W, you can get licenses from there. I cannot wait it is getting close!! I will check in again shortly!!! OOOHHHHH YEAHHHHHH!!! Shawn

The address is 16 Old School Road, Selkirk, NY 12158

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #378 on: February 17, 2005, 08:52:00 PM »
thanks, Dave, see ya all Saterday!!

larry

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #379 on: February 17, 2005, 09:46:00 PM »
Shawn,I'll try to call ya tomorrow.

It's on Baby!!!!!